“Worth the short drive off the thruway!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 195 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Heart of Historic Uptown Kingston, we offer casual dining using fresh local ingredients when available.
“Worth the short drive off the thruway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped into this restaurant on our way to Albany .they were closing in a few minutes , but were very pleasant and seated us . Everything from the bread to our main entrees were fresh and delicious!!! My husband had the shrimp Parmesan with linguine and I had the eggplant Parmesan! The salads that came with our meals were outstanding. The menu is extensive and all the specials sounded wonderful. I hope I have the opportunity to come back to this wonderful restaurant!!! Loved the staff!!!

• Visited June 2013

Kingston, New York
“Best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I work in the area and have been consistently surprised at the quality and consistency of this restaurant. Uptown Kingston has become a haven for great dining, and Ecca Terra is easily overlooked. After another amazing meal on Friday night I needed to write this review. My wife had a bowl of terrific and unique Cream of Tomato Soup that was a meal in itself. I had the Shrimp and Chicken Scampi over pasta that could not have been better prepared. Both the shrimp and the chicken were so perfectly cooked, as was the pasta, but more impressively, the flavors were delicate and appropriate. In this world of every restaurant trying to top the next, this was a meal to savor and enjoy. Hope you have a great meal!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston, New York
“Awesome dinner and atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Thank you to the chef and staff at Ecce Terra! The food, the service & the atmosphere were great! I travel for my job and try to find "local" venues for food and fun. I definatly found that at Ecce Terra. There were some great specials, but I tried the grilled Haloumi and the Braised Pork! The best I ever had!!! If you are in Kingston, stop by this place! You will be welcomed by the owner and served by a staff that truly cares!

• Visited March 2013
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Average Food - Super Loud Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Based on the reviews here we gave Ecce Terra a try and had high expectations. The food was good, but not outstanding. The bread was plain, not exceptional. The calamari appetizer was unremarkable and a little bland. We had chicken marsala and chicken kalamata...both were good, but neither was outstanding. The service was good though.

But by far the worst thing was the atmosphere. The bar crowd was so loud it was almost painful. At time they were yelling and foul mouthed. Not a nice experience at all. The bar crowd appeared to be regulars.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bridget M, Owner at Ecce Terra, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
HI. I own Ecce Terra in Kingston NY. thank you for your recent review of Ecce. I have sent two other messages so this may be redundant, but I wanted to reach out to you. I have located your dinner check with my paperwork for Friday, March 15, 2013 and would like to reimburse you for your unpleasant experience. I wish you had brought these matters to my attention while you were there so I could address the matters at that time. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss reimbursement to your Visa account. Thank you again. You may reach me at 845-706-8463.
New York City, New York
“exceptional meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Felt like a 5 star restaurant in every aspect. Sevice was attentive from the moment we arrive, until we finished. We had a superb dinner. Food was to die for and presented beautifully , and cost was very reasonable . No room for desserts .

• Visited February 2013