“Wed.,Jan.2,'13” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Commack,Long Island,New York
“Wed.,Jan.2,'13”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went in for a 'take out',Gyro,@$6.50,>> it was,mostly, lettuce,w/a couple of tomato slices,and,very little meat.Seemed, like, a 'lettuce sandwich',on Pita bread!

>>got it home,and,found,mostly, lettuce,a couple,of tomatoe,slices,and,very,little meat!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Port Jefferson Station, New York, United States
“Where you can find a touch of LOVE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've been to Professor's Diner for breakfast, lunch and dinner and have been completely satisfied each and every visit. There are only a few eating places I've been to that transport me to a time when I remember great home cooked food, great service and a family atmosphere full of genuine love and appreciation for their customers and that certainly is Professor's Diner. My most memorable time was when I was with my entire family celebrating and we never felt rushed and there was never a lack of service. I would definitely recommend Professor's if you want your children to experience old fashioned good food and great people in an atmosphere that brings you back to when you were a kid!!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Northport, New York
“Cleanliness is their middle name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I am a property manager and I've seen a lot of restaurants. Professor's Diner is the cleanest food establishment I've ever been to. Their bathrooms are spotless. All the decorations are free of dust. I trust a place that is clean. The food is very, very reasonably priced. We go for breakfast often. The staff is very friendly. I feel a little like I've gone back in time. Real small town feeling. I enjoy the food.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montauk, New York
“Great Choices, Good Food, Great Family Atmosphere and LOVE breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

If you are in the KIngs Park area, the Professors Diner should be an option for a bite to eat. Its located down from TJ Maxx on Indian Head Road. The diner is fashioned after an era gone by, thats a GOOD thing, the booths, the down home Kitschy items (many for sale), the "feel" of it. The place is quite busy on Sunday mornings when families and friends alike go for a delicious breakfast. I have eaten here for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have also taken my young nieces here as a treat, they really enjoyed all the "things to see" and their meal as well. The food has always been served fresh and hot, staff is always with a smile and friendly. They are attentive and quick to offer up some more coffee or drink. Prices are good, serving sizes as well. I would recommend it and will also return myself. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dix Hills, New York
“Very Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Typical luncheonette and diner food. I felt it was overpriced for what it is

Visited September 2011