“Good Place to eat and drink” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Austin's Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Kew Gardens
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lefferts Blvd & Austin St
Description: THE CORNERSTONE OF FINE FOOD AND SPIRITS IN KEW GARDENS! Experience the welcoming allure of Austin's Steak and Ale House, located in Kew Gardens, one of Queens' trendiest and emerging neighborhoods. Austin's Steak and Ale House is a step above the rest when it comes to excellent service and a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Established in 1992, Austin's gives that local home feeling, serving up trendy pub-styled comfort food along with a fine selection of spirits and domestic and imported beers. Ample bar seating, a welcoming dining room, fine drinks and enticing cuisine all add up to what Austin's has to offer. So, the next time you're looking for an enjoyable dining and social experience, make Austin's your first choice. Welcome and our management & staff looks forward to serving you! If you have a preference on which room you are seated in please leave us a note and we will try our best to accommodate you.
“Good Place to eat and drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Nice bar atmosphere, good drinks and good food. A little packed sometimes but that is with every bar. close to transportation

Visited November 2012

NY, NY
“Neighborhood bar with great backyard space”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Austin's has a great beer selection and reasonable prices for drinks. During the warmer months, hanging out in their backyard is relaxing and the ambience is great for a local place. The bar indoors is pretty typical, but they have a good happy hour and live music sometimes on the weekends. I'm not a fan, however, of the restaurant's food. The bar food is good, but to go to Austin's just to eat dinner hasn't been successful for me, I'm sorry to say. Other than their burgers, the food seems overpriced for the quality. Servers are hit and miss--some are personable and attentive. Others seem like they could care less whether or not you have an enjoyable experience. The bartenders, however, get 5 stars. They are fast, friendly, and professional.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great place, great bar staff (Johanna especially)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visited this place numerous times on a vacation over Christmas and New Year 2011/12. Food is great, beer is always cold, bar staff are great fun too.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say i miss the place.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“Food always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have been going to this place for years, and I can honestly said I have NEVER had a bad plate of food. Some servers are great, others not much. They have an outdoor seating area in the back which i LOVE, however the service in the back takes forever. The area where this place is located it beautiful, they have an "angelika" type of theatre right across the street so you can catch a movie and then head to the bar. The bartender is great, they have a lot of beers, and a great selection.
The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because the service is not always great, and there's a foul odor when you go in through the bar. yikes. kinda like cheap ammonia cleaner, or maybe old beer?. Oh btw, like another reviewer said, parking can be challenging, however there's a block of houses on Austin Street 2-3 blocks before getting there, and you can find some spots there and enjoy a lil walk in the neighborhood.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Smithtown, New York
“Handled our big group with ease...decent dining experience here..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great location and ambience at the Austin Ale house. We had a group of 16 which they accomodated very well. The Kew Gardens area in Queens is very nice and this place is a stone's throw from the Kew Gardens LIRR stop. Service was impeccable and with such a large group, we were handled very well with drink, appetizer, and entree order process. Appetizers came out fairly quickly, and with us having such a large group, we ordered quite a varitey of them, to include calimari, chicken wings, caprese salad, and mussels. In my opinion, I felt the appetizers were very good and flavorful, especially the calimari. For my particular entree, I ordered something from the specials menu, which was the Queen cut of the Prime Rib. This particular entree disappointed me, as it was a very fatty cut and a bit dry. However, it still tasted good as long as I drenched it in the au jus sauce. Several of the folks who ordered the prime rib said the same thing. However, other items on the menu that folks ordered were reported as being excellent, including the shell steak, chicken marsala, and the pasta.

Prices were reasonable as with having 16 people, we probably spent approximately $50 a head including the drinks, appetizers, and entrees. We did have four children included in this group.

All in all, if I was visiting the Kew Gardens area again, I'd consider the restaurant again, but I'd probably want to check a new place out since I've already been here. However, I would recommend Austin Ale house, just order something else besides the prime rib.

• Visited July 2012