“Evening with the hubby” 5 of 5 stars

716-447-7915
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Torches is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 31 restaurants in Kenmore
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Colvin
“Evening with the hubby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Love it........Great service.......Great food......Would recommend to everyone................................

72% Recommend
Buffalo, New York
“Fun upscale dining with exceptional flair!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went their for a birthday. The atmosphere was quaint, the menu was interesting and the way the server presented the specials was something I've never experienced before. She brought over something that looked like an iPad and showed us the specials. It also demonstrated what ingredients were chosen for the chefs creations. There were pictures of the owners shopping at a local farmers market that day for different foods and spices; some I've heard of and some not. It was interesting to see what was chosen. The entertainment didn't end there. While ordering, an appetizer arrived via the owner. He just
wanted us to try it. I was pleasantly surprised! All through the night he sent varying items for us to try from coffee liquor drinks to other creations and wanted our honest opinions. We aren't food critics... just regular people from the neighborhood. This actually made it all the more meaningful to my husband whom we were all there for. Our whole experience took over two hours which is not common for us and seemed to fly by, but that's because we had so many courses and so much fun! We bought a round of shots for the whole kitchen, which is something you can order from the menu. My husband however wanted to meet the chefs/owners to thank them. When they had time, our server invited us into the kitchen to have shots with them. They asked about our evening and our over all experience as they welcomed us. We simply stated we felt like royalty and not just guests (that my friends is a priceless act of kindness), and that it was my husbands birthday, our first time there and chose them because of their work in the community. Torches dedicates their time, they donate to their community and little did they know they had just donated earlier in the year to my uncle who passed from cancer two months prior. His daughter (my cousin) was standing right next to me and was another reason we ordered the shots. Without any of this knowledge, they still treated us with exceptional care. If you're looking for a relaxing evening out where you can enjoy yourself with down to earth people and fine dining good with a flair, Torches is the best restaurant for you! Some of the items our table ordered and enjoyed were, the Grilled Butternut Squash Caesar Salad, Housemade Pumpkin Gnocchi, Filet Mignon Trio,
Tim Hortons Coffee Crusted 16oz. Strip Steak,
Garlic Marinated Flank Steak, and the Szechuan Sampler. Everything was delicious, we all enjoyed taking a bite of one another's food (something none of us us usually do, but it just looked that good) and there wasn't an item that didn't taste almost sinful. The wine list was decent and very tasteful, deserts fabulous.... The kitchen sent out a flaming desert for my husband which was so good we couldn't resist eating even after we swore we were full! Honestly, this is one of the best places eat before leaving town. If you're from the Buffalo area, well all I have to say to you is Kenmore'sholding something the City of Buffalo doesn't have and that's saying a lot!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Amherst, New York
“Unique menu, delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The effort of two creative brothers, Torches offers a sophisticated menu, eye-catching presentation and a unique way to choose your selections. The attentive server presented the nightly specials on an IPad, complete with picture, ingredients and price. He left the IPad with us which permitted a pictorial view of each appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. Certainly made selection more difficult because the pictures were very clear and enticing. Clever idea and a major step forward from a server's narrative or a 3x5 card.

Try the spicy tuna tempura roll, the pot stickers, the caprese salad and the sirloin sandwich. Shared by two people, this was enough food to explore the kitchen creativity and be satisfying.

Watch for the new deli being opened next to Torches called The Garage. We had a preview of the menu, including Sunday brunch. We will certainly visit as soon as it opens at the end of June 2013.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bluffton, South Carolina
“As Good As It Gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I can't remember when I have enjoyed a meal as much as dining @ Torches Restaurant in Kenmore NY. This is my 2nd experience dining @ the restaurant & there is absolutely no room for improvement. Fabuously Fantastic describes the atmosphere, food & service. My sister in-law dined on the steak sandwich while her husband & I thoroughly enjoyed the trio of Filet Mignon/scallops/shrimp & it all was done to perfection and the presentation could not have been any better. Try them, you'll love whatever you order & enjoy the hospitality.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Buffalo, New York
“Uneven fine dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went with friend to Torches to celebrate a birthday. Seated immediately and very attentive service. This is a very sophisticated menu with a range of salads (both the house and garbage salads were very good), appetizers (gnocchi, crab cakes, stuffed peppe, lasagna cupcake and recommended spicy tuna tempura roll) and range of entrees. We asked for a "pescaterian" alternative to the specials and ordered a fish fry which was heavy on the batter despite assurances to the contrary. Make sure and "Buy a Round of Drinks for the Kitchen" which gets yo some special surprises. We passed on desserts. The menu is creative. The service is excellent. The presentation was very good. The food was inconsistent and did not live up to an excellent reputation and many recommendations. For your first visit, order more conservatively. Later you can experiment.

• Visited March 2013