“OK...but below the standard of most Super 8 motels” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1288 Sheridan Drive, Kenmore, NY 14217   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kenmore
Toronto, Canada
“OK...but below the standard of most Super 8 motels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We spent one night because our first option(s) were overbooked.
Checked in late and got the last 2 beds room (106) the staff was very friendly and had no complaints over me checking the room before checking-in. She made a great suggestion for dinner (the Olympic restaurant a block away).
The Room- clean, window covering and bed covering are relatively new but the sheets are cheap (scratchy) and the military blanket is also itchy. the rooms are also smaller and more dated then most super 8s
The Bathroom - clean but in need of an upgrade...if the bathroom comes with a tub there should be a way to use it as a bathtub not just as a shower (no stopper or installed working stopper)
The A/C - a very old unit that was not cleaned in some time - it made very loud noise but did little in keeping a steady temperature.
Lobby - clean but very small...it is nice to have the option of a breakfast but the lobby does not offer/ can not offer sufficient seating for a breakfast.

Overall - OK...clean and friendly is more important then the size of the room or lobby...if the sheets would be changed to newer/ better sheets and pillow I would return...otherwise no.

Room Tip: inspect room first
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JimLerwick, Owner at Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you found the bedding less than comfortable and we are looking at ways to change that for our guests. We are also in the process of designing and adding a new breakfast area as well. We do hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area again.

Jim Lerwick
Owner/Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mississauga, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I read reviews on TripAdvisor for this place as it was cheap compared to others. I needed a room for just one night and ended up booking this place for June 28th.

The motel is honestly okay for a one night stay. I would not stay for longer than one night nor would I recommend it. I read some reviews and some folks rated it horrible. I'm not saying it's a beautiful place but you need to be honest and see how much you're paying to what you're expecting. If you're paying a cheap motel price, don't expect a lavish experience. I was not disappointed nor was I amazed.

The room I got was right at the end of the property, facing the rail tracks. I can't remember the exact time but I got woken but middle of the night because of a train passing through so get a room away from the tracks. The bed was uncomfortable and rocking as if it was a water bed. The cleanliness was okay, not absolutely clean. They do serve a minimal breakfast in the morning comprised of cereal, coffee, bread and fruit bowls. The breakfast was not bad however it's not sufficient and you may want to grab a proper breakfast later.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the rail tracks.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JimLerwick, Owner at Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review our property. The issues you raised are being addressed accordingly.We hope you will stay with us again.
Jim Lerwick
Owner/Manager

Been to Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area? Share your experiences!