“Magnificent.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Follifoot
lytham
“Magnificent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel as part of a golf society. This hotel from the moment we checked in till the moment we checked out was five star. The young gent on the front desk gave us a lovely welcome. The rooms were really comfortable spacious really clean and modern. The food and service at our meal in the evening was top class. This hotel is simply fantastic and I will be returning in the near future. The golf course is fairly forgiving if though a little long.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (801)
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

First stayed at Rudding in November/December 2012 and then again this summer, both visits were excellent. Great hotel, great facilities and one of the best rooms I've stayed in. The staff were all friendly and very helpful, but a special thanks to Danielle in the restaurant for putting up with all every night! Rudding Park is a perfect location for us and I'm sure we will be back again soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a short stay at Rudding Park, having stayed a number of times in years gone by I was looking forward to our stay.

As always, the hotel staff were attentive and friendly. The hotel sets such a high standard that I was then disappointed by the service at breakfast, service was acceptable but not particularly warm and friendly, we were left to clear some coffee that our waitress accidentally spilt, we fully appreciate that accidents happen and while she was quick to give us a new menu that the coffee had been spilt on, she then left the coffee for us to clear up.

This aside, everything else was excellent but we certainly felt that the warmth of staff at the reception and throughout the hotel were not matched by those in the bar and restaurant area.

• Stayed September 2013
RuddingPark, Manager at Rudding Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Rudding Park and for your review.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you received such a warm welcome. However, we were sorry that you felt the service at breakfast was not ‘warm and friendly’ and felt it didn’t match the ‘excellent’ service throughout the hotel. Guest service is incredibly important to us and making our guests feel comfortable is fundamental as such we were shocked to hear that you had been made to feel otherwise. We have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager, Stephane Legendre who has of course carried out additional training with all of his team reminding them of the importance of guest services and we can assure you that such an error will not be repeated.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon, so we can ensure you receive the best possible service and leave feeling relaxed.

With kind regards

The Rudding Park Team
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently reviewed Ruddying Park and my disappointment in it being so inconsistent . I had a reply from the guest relations asking me to contact them . I will always give credit where it is due and once I had sent my details they duly contacted me . After a lengthy discussion in which they actively listened to my concerns we resolved them.It is rare that Hotels / Restaurants do reply to you when you have not been happy. There are some excellent reviews on this Hotel so if like myself you visit and you are genuinely are not happy then do bring it to their attention . I am confident after talking to them they will do everything within the power to resolve.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The most Magical place to stay
All the staff treat guest with friendly Yorkshire respect.
First class service from Paulo & his team in the Clock tower Restaurant
If you enjoy that feeling of receiving a warm welcome & excellent food & service combined with a sumptuous bed to lay down your head -- Rudding Park needs to be at the top of your list
A Very Special Place to Visit Exceptional Place to Stay !!

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I decided to stay at this hotel on my way to Scotland having driven from Kent. I was most definitely not disappointed. I was greeted by one of the very friendly and helpful porters, the reception staff were very welcoming and helpful and so it continued for my overnight stay. I stayed in Room 165 which is one of the new rooms near to the Spa - very convenient for having a treatment.

I then stayed for a second time on my way back from Scotland a week later and again nothing could be faulted.

This hotel has to be one of the best I have stayed in and they certainly know what "Customer Service" is. Comfortable, safe and quiet.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and would most certainly recommend it to anyone travelling in this area - which by the way has some lovely scenery especially along the A65.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed three nights at Rudding Park last week for our wedding anniversary. We chose the hotel from a tripadvisor search for hotels in Harrogate and the rating as "the best hotel in England" was a draw and gave us a mental high bar bar for the hotel to meet when we arrived.

Well, it reaches that bar! The location is great, set in rolling parkland with superb golfing facilities, just a 10 min taxi ride to Harrogate town centre. The hotel building is lovely, a country house that has been sympathetically extended. Inside it's very contemporary in design, with all the mod-cons you'd expect. Staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough for you.

We've been fortunate to stay in some wonderful hotels and Rudding can certainly hold it's own in their company. I've been trying to think of a little niggle to report but I can't come up with anything.

Well done to all the staff.......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rudding Park Hotel? Share your experiences!