“Wonderful start to the year” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Summer Stays for £99.50
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Follifoot
England
“Wonderful start to the year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We have just had a New Year break at Rudding.

We were greeted by name at the car by a member of staff and every other member of staff seemed to have the same incredible ability to know our name even if we hadn't met before

The break started with a sumptuous afternoon tea with freshly baked scones. Delicious..

New Years Eve saw a champagne reception before we were piped into a five course dinner, which albeit limited in choice, was again delicious, and both my wifes and I beef fillet were cooked exactly as ordered, no mean achievement considering the numbers being catered for

The evening meal on New Years day was again cooked to perfection. Just so this review isn't totally sycophantic they actually got my wife's order wrong. She had ordered roast beef but instead was served with a fillet. However as it was being served the staff who had heard my wife mention she was looking forward to a Yorkshire pudding realised and corrected the mistake immediately, and not only that the member of staff who took the order took the time to come and apologise for the confusion.

I think this sums up why Rudding Park in my opinion is head and shoulders above any other hotel I have stayed in. I've stayed in hotels where the food was as good, where the accommodation was just as luxurious, where the service was just as impeccable, where the staff were nearly as attentive, but nowhere where everything combines into such an enjoyable experience.

Our thanks to every single member of staff from the management to the porters for making our stay so pleasurable but perhaps in particular to the kitchen team for producing such wonderful food in such a busy environment

Room Tip: I think I have stayed in most room types and haven't been disappointed in any
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

First class service, rooms and facilities top notch. First time I have had my car driven to the front door following check out for some time! Highly rated and deservedly so.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We got married at rudding park in December 2010 and had a fantastic weekend. The hotel is in a great location and provides a first class experience. The staff are the stand out feature of rudding park and are always on hand to help in a friendly, professional manner. We went back to rudding park this year for our first anniversary and took our baby girl with us. Again, the staff were brilliant and knew we were celebrating our anniversary. The spa is a fantastic addition, and the golf course is great. The best hotel we've ever stayed at!

• Stayed December 2011
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

this is the only hotel i can say i have visited and felt just as dissappointed when having to return home as i do when leaving a hot country. absolutely love it! spent our honeymoon there last year and a couple of days for a christmas break this year now just looking to book for my birthday in the spring. its more than a hotel its a holiday in itself.

Room Tip: sometimes offers are on for room upgrades. normal rooms are very luxurious upgraded rooms you wont w...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Friendly, helpful service all the way through from reception, room preparation, restaurant ,and finally,to checkout - should have stayed longer!
(I can't be sure, but was it the Hotel's Managing Director who helped carry our bags to the room? - I'll take more notice on our next stay!)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
RuddingPark, Manager at Rudding Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and we delighted that you found the service to be helpful and friendly all the way though to reception. I am sorry that you did not stay for longer; it would have been a pleasure to look after you for longer!
Yes, you are absolutely right all of us including our Managing Director, Peter Banks helps any guest with anything, including carrying their bags to the room.
I was however surprised that you only awarded us 4 stars and I wonder what else we could have done so that you would have awarded us 5 stars.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Rudding Park.
Best regards
Nuno César de Sá
Hotel Manager
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Have to say this is the best hotel I have ever stopped at for a short stay, everything from the moment you arrive to the checking out was a joy.

I have never felt so welcome and the staff are a real credit to this hotel. The room was spot on and attention to detail exceptional, we had a corner room in the new wing extension that was completed this time last year. Myself and my wife spent a few hours in the spa which I myself have never done before but would highly recommend if you visit. The food was a real treat and I looked forward to the eggs benedict, this was the first time I have had these since I was in Las Vegas 5 years ago and they are just as good!!

Will definitely be going back sometime soon, keep up the good work all at Rudding Park and Happy New Year!

Dewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Me and my husband visited rudding park hotel for one night on the 22nd of december. It was booked for our anniversary. Before booking we had read the reviews on trip advisor and had very high expectation and was pleased Rudding pak met them .We stayed in the folifoot room and it was great, loved the bathroom. Dinner was lovely ,however we did think there was not many option for vegiterians on the menu.
We were very happy we chosen Rudding park hotel,it was fantastic could not fault it in any way. Great hotel lovely clean rooms and all the staff there were very friendly and welcoming.
Great place to stay very peacefull and relaxing atmosphere ,we would definitely visit again and stay for longer.

Room Tip: Folifoot rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Follifoot
The West Park Hotel
Swinton Park
Swinton Park
#2 of 7 in Ripon
4.5 of 5 stars 797 reviews

Been to Rudding Park Hotel? Share your experiences!