“Still the Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Follifoot
England
“Still the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have stayed at Rudding Park on a number of occasions and dined there more often and have just returned from another brief visit. The new rooms and spa enhance the already excellent facilities.

The hotel may not be the cheapest (although I have taken advantage of the very many deals they offer) but it represents excellent value for money for the level of service offered.

In isolation the individual elements i.e. the staff, the food, the accommodation, the facilities are all very good, but in combination they offer an experience which in my experience is very very difficult to beat.

I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

What can I say? Absolutely wonderful. My wife and I stayed here for 1 night for our wedding anniversary and we were spoilt to high heaven. We stayed in the new wing and our room was upgraded to include a sauna. Apart from the the friendly staff, luxurious rooms and lovely meal what stood out for me was the attention to detail. For example, my life left a feedback form in the room on which she stated that the only negative thing we could think of was the fact one had to pay for wi-fi (if we understood correctly). We thought this was rather, how can I put it...well, cheaper hotels usually do it. But when you pay so much you'd expect the little things to be included. Anyway, when we got home a letter arrived a few days later thanking us for our comments and they addressed everything we mentioned with great professionalism. I can't think of any other hotel I've stayed in do anything of the sort. They really do have time for you here.

The spa was lovely (my wife forced me honestly), staff were very professional and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back, just need to start saving.

Room Tip: Spend that little more to stay in the Follifoot Wing bedrooms.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bradford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed in August for golf and and evening meal. Reception and service as usual were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. We were already booked into our usual room and evening meal booked at our usual time. The manager ensured the staff made our stay felt just as perfect as our previous visits. The food has always been very very good, but this time was even better. The Hotel is already No 1 and is ensuring it stays at No 1 by making everyone feel special with exceptional attention to detail. Already booked next visit

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

A really enjoyable stay. I would definitely use this hotel again and the staff were extremely friendly and efficient.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We travelled from Essex for a long weekend break at Rudding Park to celebrate my partners birthday. From the moment we arrived and drove down the long driveway , to the time we said our goodbyes we were not dissapointed at all.
The whole 4 day experience was truly brilliant. All the staff at the hotel are very friendly and efficient, and nothing is too much trouble. The service and facilities on offer were also exceptionally good, as was the quality of the food.
Our room was a great size, very clean and well equipped, situated in the new Follifoot Wing. The bathroom en suite was lovely and spacious, with everything you would ever need to make a comfortable stay. The bed was so comfortable, havn't slept so well in ages!!!
All in all , a truly wonderful experience, and we will deffinitely return again one day soon.
Thankyou Rudding Park.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new Follifoot Wing are amazing!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

As always, my hotel reviews are based on value for money. We stayed at Rudding Park for one night in August 2011 for a friends wedding. My review will probably be a bit of a contradiction as I don't really have a bad word to say about the hotel, yet I've only given it an very good rating.

Booking in was quick and simple, with a member of staff coming out to help with our bags without request. The staff were all very good, all being very friendly and helpful. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the grounds are amazing and the main rooms all look brilliant with a mixture of classic style and some very funky rooms.

So where's the problem? Our room was one of the older rooms, not in the new wing. It was £165 for the night. Although it was a nice room, I wasn't blown away by it. Having read the reviews I expected something special, but it wasn't. Apparently the new wing is amazing, so it should be for £180 a night, but I felt our room was no where near as good for nearly the same price. Don't get me wrong, it was clean and nice enough, it just was not £165. I've stayed in plenty of hotels and I've stayed in much more impressive rooms for a lot less.

The bars are very expensive, but then again, if you're happy paying £165 a night, then that should be expected, and being fair, I've not stayed at a hotel that wasn't pricey in the bar. The food was very good at the wedding and the breakfast was top quality.

So overall, it's a fantastic hotel, it's just a little too much. I couldn't justify a weekend break here at the price (in fact we went to Valencia for a week for less!) The hotel itself is brilliant but I wanted a bit more from the room.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the new rooms, they sound amazing.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our stay at this hotel, whilst attending a wedding, was absolutely fantastic. The service was excellent, the facilities were great and the food was delicious.The staff had very obviously been well trained and inducted into their roles. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone. We will certainly be going again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Rudding Park Hotel? Share your experiences!