The Johnstown-Gloversville area is not a place I'd pick for travel, but a family function during the 4th of July week-end left us with no choice. I'd heard the area is poor and run-down, so I had little hope for any hotel and this one had the best reviews. I was quite surprised to find an updated motel with a warm and friendly staff and a very comfortable room. The bed was extremely comfortable. The temperature control worked with none of that on/off sound as it worked to keep a steady temperature. Room darkening curtains helped us catch up on some much needed rest. My only disappointment was the lack of a tub. Very large shower, but alas no tub.
Our rate included a voucher for breakfast which included anything on the full breakfast menu in the large comfortable restaurant. The service, food and coffee were better than average. On Sundays breakfast is served until 11:00 making for a very leisurely morning.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville Hotel Johnstown
- Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Johnstown
- Johnstown Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Great hotel, Guests love, stay at the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Gloversville Hotel. Conveniently located in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains the hotel is only 7 miles from the NYS Thruway I-90 on Route 30A and 45 minutes from the Albany International Airport. Perfectly located for business travelers! Fulton Montgomery Community College, Fage Yogurt, Benjamin Moore, Wal-Mart Distribution, Townsend Leather, Finkles Distribution and more, we are only minutes away from Johnstown Industrial Park or Crossroads Industrial Park. This hotel provides all the amenities that a business traveler needs, such as free wireless & wired high-speed Internet access and business center. Entertaining the family? Activities for everyone, no matter what the season are just minutes away; Lapland Lake Nordic Vacation Center, Royal Mountain Ski Resort, Adirondack Animal Land, The Shrine of Our Lady of Martyrs, Eagles Mills Cider Mill, Six Flags Great Escape, historic Johnson Hall. Or take a short scenic drive to enjoy the Saratoga Racetrack, Cooperstown and Howe s Caverns. With a level of service & comfort that s sure to exceed your expectations, you ll see why the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Gloversville Hotel is the right choice for all of your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.