“Very nice restaurant for its location” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Rochester, New York
1,525 reviews 1,525 reviews
1,001 restaurant reviews
“Very nice restaurant for its location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had seen this restaurant in passing by several times, so I decided to stop in and check it out last night. It was actually very good; better than I would expect for such an out-of-the-way location. I had shrimp cocktail for an appetizer, and scallops for my main course. Between the two it was more than I could eat, and I walked away pretty stuffed. The shrimp in the appetizer were plump and tasty, and the scallops were also prepared very well. (I might have added a little garlic, but that is only personal preference.) The salad and the hot-baked rolls were also very good, as was the service. I enjoyed this entire meal, and I would gladly return in the future.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Branford, Connecticut
“Too long a wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Parking lot was full, finally found a space, was told there was at least a 30-min wait. Went elsewhere. Will try again another trip. Any place that's that crowded with a line at the door has to be good.

Visited May 2014
Johnstown, New York
“good food, weekend entertainment, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have eaten here several times. It is a nice place with excellent service. Friday nights they have one man band type entertainment. You must ask for seating near him to enjoy the music. Food is priced on the high side. relaxing atmosphere. special alcoholic drinks if desired. I've never had to wait for seating - no reservations either. When you make reservations, they cater to you more. Lemon ice is a tasty treat.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is my Wednesday through Monday place. They're closed on Tuesdays. Atmosphere is great. Food is always delicious nd the staff is wonderful.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gloversville, New York
“Right in Our Back Yard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We drive past this place all the time, yet have only eaten there once or twice in the 5 years or so it's been there--no good reason, we just hadn't.
We made a reservation for 3 PM on Easter Sunday. We arrive just a couple minutes early, were seated promptly and waited on in good time. In spite of the busyness of the day.
We both chose the ham and white bean soup which may have been a bit salty; but the chunks of ham were chunks, not shreds as we've seen other places. The rolls served with the soup were freshly baked, crusty and tasty.
My wife's choice was stuffed haddock, mine was chicken and sausage orietta. The haddock meal was two well-stuffed fillets. The stuffing was seafood with little if any filler. The rice pilaf was tasty and the vegetables were--well, they're vegetables.... The orietta was a great treat. The amount of chicken was more than generous, though the sausage may have been a bit skimpy--but tasty. The sauce was good, not overly spicy and the meal was not soupy with it. Since I like to liberally dust most pasta meals with Parmesan cheese, it was exactly to my liking.
Our desserts were also very good. The smores bread pudding was something that we'd never seen before and was tasty and interesting--also a large quantity. The flowerless chocolate cake was rich, smooth and could easily be described as decadent; two pieces were served--one came home with us.
Overall, we were very pleased. We had a good meal in a nice environment at a relaxed pace, all for a reasonable price.

• Visited April 2014