“good food, great waitress” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Burdett, New York
“good food, great waitress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The fish was good, not great but our waitress was superb. The downside that ruined the emal was the number of screaming kids in the place. My wife refuses to go back to a friendly's as a result of this visit.

Visited June 2014

Broome County
“I'm not a huge fan of "Friendly's", but I tired it a few times and hated it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This may have closed in the meantime. I'm unsure, as I haven't been to the Oakdale Mall too many times during the past year or so. But on the off-chance it's still there, I figured this review would be helpful.

I'm not a huge fan of "Friendly's" restaurants. But I'll eat there if I need to. So, while at the mall, I did try this a few times a while back, and it left me completely unsatisfied.

On the first occasion I remember going, the food was incredibly bland and had virtually no flavor at all. And to be honest, it looked like cheap TV-diner food that had been nuked in the microwave then dumped onto a plate. Portions also seemed much smaller than other Friendly's locations I've been to. I was left still hungry after the meal, with no satisfaction at all. It was one of the worst meals at a restaurant I had ever had. I felt like I had wasted about $10.

I went back a second time with a family member who wanted to try it, and this time it was slightly better. The food was still bland, but it wasn't quite as poor as the first occasion.

I'm giving this a 2-out-of-5 instead of a 1-out-of-5 because there was a slightly improvement the second time I went there, and because the staff was incredibly nice and very friendly. As I said, I'm unsure if it is still open, but if it is, I'd say avoid it. The one nearby on Harry L (which I recently went to) is infinitely better than this location.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If this is the restaurant inside the mall I believe it has closed, but if it is the one across from the mall it is very good. The service is very good and the food is always good and done well. The cost is average and the ice cream is one of their big sellers. Love the Jim Dandy . Would recommend this restaurant

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midle Island, NY
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stopped there for breakfast after staying at the Red Roof Inn not far from there. It was a good breakfast at an affordable price. the coffee was very good -- they put the pot on the table so you don't have to wait for more-- and the waitress was nice and friendly -- no pun intended!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norwood, New York, United States
“Calming Sunday Morning Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice restaurant that I went to after completing a 1/2 marathon. Went to eat a hearty breakfast to refuel. Very pleasant and happy employees - meal came out fast and it was good. Wasn't very busy that morning so it was calming too! Clean and bright interior!

Visited May 2013