We got off to a bad start with the Hampton Inn- it was really hard to find! You have to drive around an access road that appears (from the main road) to only be for the parking lot of the Wegman's. The hotel was clearly older, but clean.... though at first glance, I would have expected more for the prices we were paying.
However, the staff more than made up for the lackluster first impression. We were travelling with our toddler son and my mother and sister. Our rooms were directly across the hall from one another, which was conveinent. The staff was friendly to my child and gave us fair warning that there was a high school sports team staying at the hotel, and suggested that we avoid breakfast at a certain time because that's when the lobby would be full of students.
Throughout our stay, the staff was helpful and kind. We had a great time at the pool- it was small, but sufficient for our needs. Breakfast was nice, and the woman in charge of keeping the buffet and dining area clean was insistent that I cease in my efforts to clean up all the bits of cereal and waffle my kid had dropped on the floor.
The aforementioned Wegman's was also a blessing- we were able to get hot, nutrious meals and other items for the room.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City Hotel
- Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City Hotel Johnson City
- Hampton Inn Johnson City
- Johnson City Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn Binghamton/Johnson City is located off Route 17, five miles from downtown Binghamton, the Carousel Capital of the World. Ride the six antique carousels built by the Herschell Company and donated to the city by philanthropist George F. Johnson. Spend an afternoon antiquing on Clinton Street. Bring the kids to the Binghamton Zoo, the sixth oldest zoo in the U.S. Watch a performance at the Cider Mill Playhouse. Explore the Roberson Museum and Science Center which features a digital planetarium. Admire the architecture at Broome County Courthouse and historic homes in downtown Binghamton. If you’re in town during August, join locals and visitors at the annual Spiede Fest and Balloon Rally. This annual event honors the Spiede, a favorite Binghamton delicacy of marinated bite-sized meat on skewers.Whether you’re visiting Binghamton University, attending a business meeting or on a weekend getaway, enjoy comfortable guestrooms and free high-speed internet access in our Johnson City hotel. Our guestrooms feature king- or queen-sized Hampton fresh and clean beds®, 32-inch flat-screen TVs and room to work or relax. Finish tomorrow’s presentation at the large work desk or convenient lap desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.