“very good” 5 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 11 sites
Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   620 Fairmount Avenue, West Ellicott, Jamestown, NY 14701 (Formerly Colony Motel)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Jamestown
Bloomfield, New York
“very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

we were very happy clean room,lots of comforts.many workers staying there that werevery happy lots of resturants close by.continental breakfast was o.k,helped the value.other accomodations in area much cheaper than others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Not much to say about this except the price was great at 55. Not bad coffee, fresh bagels and english muffins in the morning. The room is terribly dated and the bathroom needs a new window shade badly. There was some food particles on the floor next to the bed that I cleaned up with clorox wipes. The bed was very comfortable but the side closest to the bathroom was well worn down...the middle was perfect. The pillows are small and their are only 3--so have your own or ask for more at the desk. The room was quiet, though we could hear the cars on the road but it wasn't trucks or a main highway type of noise. The heat didn't work right, but we didn't need it, so i didn't complain. I would have been mad if it cold out or too hot. All in all, we were in the room a total of 10 hours and i didn't expect much so was happy enough. It does need an overhaul and I hope the owners find a way to do this soon, as it will very bad in another year. It is very convenient to Starbucks and loads of restaurants and stores. I have been in worse that cost much more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I would not want to spend more than one night at this motel. It is old and dated. The furniture is in need of repair and the queen bed left my wife with a back ache. The bathroom has been updated but is quite dated and small.
Bring your own soap, theirs is the size and thickness of a calling card. One one good thing is it was very clean.

Room Tip: Looks like all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our recent visit to Jamestown NY did not start on a happy note. Began with a reservation to the Ramada Inn, showed up there to find out that our reservation was booked but they had the wrong dates. Therefore our room was not ready and also found out that the rate we booked for was not the rate when we arrived. It was going to be an extra $100 for two nights. We were paying by cash so they gave us a room key and off we went for dinner. After dinner we decided to stop into the Colonial Motel/ America's Best Value Inn to find out they had 1 room left at a fraction of the cost. April who was working the front desk was exceptional in helping us cancel our reservations at the Ramada and gave us instructions on how to proceed further if any concerns after the fact. This motel is dated for today but exceptionally clean, quiet and offered a very nice breakfast with fresh waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee and tea. The outdoor pool was clean and the deck offered chairs and lounges for those wanting to take a break. What more could anyone ask for. We thank you very much for such great hospitality. We will be back again for the Cdn Thanksgiving weekend. A little goes a long way.

Room Tip: This motel offers rooms with kitchenettes so if you are traveling with little ones or even big ones...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here one night. The bed was fine and the room was clean. The free continental breakfast included raisin bran and cheerios, bagels with cream cheese, English muffins, make your own waffles, what appeared to be French toast to re-toast, juice, coffee (not great) and hot water for tea.

A few things would take this from OK to great for the price: 1) some Old English furniture polish to mask the scratches on the furniture; 2) replacement blind in the bathroom (it was sort of rusty and looked dirty - though I don't think it actually was); 3) new sheer curtain in the one front window - the one there was old and wrinkled - maybe ironing would do the job.

Free Internet -- no hassle to get on to it -- is a real plus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Roseville, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way home from NY and were given no other choice as this was the only one that claimed they had rooms (online). We booked online on the way and saw all these reviews and thought "it seems decent" We arrived and they were sold out not even having our reservation. While sitting in parking lot they came out and said they were ready to close and a room had not shown up. Did we want it? One room was smoking and one in back of hotel. The smoking room was soooo bad you could hardly breath. We also had room in back of hotel and it was so dark and unsafe we parked as close as you could and quickly went in a dingy hallway. The rooms were so grimey we did not take our shoes off and did not put suitcase on bed. Slept in clothes and instructed our teenagers to not answer their door for anything!!! Other reviews say need renovation! I say tear the darn thing down and start over!! It was the absolute grossest hotel I have ever stayed in. I felt grungy the whole next day and if we were not so worn out from driving 12 hours the day before and finding nothing but no vacancies for 4 hours.... we would have left!!! I can not believe people give it these reviews!! I'm not picky either but BEWARE this is horrible!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mingo Junction, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'm not very picky when it comes to hotels. If the price is right and its a roof over my head I'm generally satisfied. When we first got to our roomm I hd noticed the view was cute and while the furniture was a little banged up (which didn't bother me any) it was cozy. The rooms do have a fridge, microwave, TV (with good cable) and hair dryer. I have read in previous comments that the air conditioners didnt work or that they made terrible noises, however I was in room 139 and didn't have an issue with anything. The onlything I would have changed is the appeared cleanliness of the room. There was something in the shower and there were dirty finger marks on the door, phone, and hair dryer....however being prepared for that i had disinfectant wipes with me and cleaned them off myself. The pool was nice, however i don't think that it is heated or cleaned out very often. The breakfast was great and something I truely look at in a hotel. They had a spread of apple and orange juice, coffee, english muffins, french toast, begals, cereal, and waffles in which you can make yourself. They were very good about refilling things as they got low which wa certainly a task with a full hotel of guests. I also wanted to point out that a women at the front desk named April is FANTASTIC. She helped with everything we could possibly need and was always more than nice. We had an emergency come up where we needed to fax and she was more than amazing in helping us. I wish I could stay at hotel with more people like her. Overall for 85$ a night, it was worth it.

Room Tip: Room 139 has recently been clean and disifected by myself before and after my stay!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown? Share your experiences!