“Not as good as the last visit, but still a fine place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Jamestown
Niagara Falls, NY
“Not as good as the last visit, but still a fine place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western Plus while I was doing work in Jamestown. The hotel was a little busier than I expected on week nights, but there was still parking available in the lot. Check in was pretty smooth and friendly.

The room was very clean and the in room fridge is very convenient when staying for several days. TV had enough channels plus a cable movie channel (sorry I didn't watch much so I can't recall the channel). Internet is real odd there, it's slow and times out a lot, but if I load my home or business VPN software, it works fine.

The bed was comfortable and the hotel seemed quiet.

Breakfast most mornings was good. They had a variety of juice, eggs and breakfast meats, bagels, bread, muffins, cereal, yogurt, and Belgian waffles. One morning out of three they ran out of juice and waffle mix, and I'm sure if I had time to mention it, they would have made it right.

They have a workout room with a treadmill and elliptical which worked well and allowed me some morning exercise.

I would definitely stay again, a great hotel with great service for a fair price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Robin M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I do wish you had mentioned the juice and waffle mix. My girls do a great job keeping things stocked.

We cannot fill what we are not aware is empty.

I do hope you will come back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Welland, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just got back from a one nights stay at this hotel. The three of us had a room with 2 queen beds. The room was comfortable and clean. The hot water was hit and miss which I find surprising in this day and age!! Their was plenty of pillows and we found the beds comfortable. Their is also a fridge ironing board and iron. No restaurant but they do offer a full DIY breakfast area that's enough to get you going in the morning. Their is no air conditioning in the breakfast area. The staff is friendly and helpful. Overall if your passing through its a good place to stay. If your planning on going to the Lucy and Desi museum its just 2 blocks up the street!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Robin M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us.

I do hope you will come back to see Lucy Museum again.
Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Jamestown's Best Western is the best place to stay while you're visiting Jamestown and the surrounding area. The service and amenities are top shelf, and the prices are very fair and competitive. It's very close to activities and services in Jamestown (e.g. Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center) as well as an easy, short drive to other things in the area (e.g. Chautauqua Institute). Look this hotel up if you're ever in the area! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Robin M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Lake Villa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Walk to the Lucy museum and other downtown locations. Did I mention friendly and helpful staff... these guys were the best I've run into in a long time. Rooms are average for this type of hotel, but more than adequate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Robin M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. We are in the middle of doing new carpet in all rooms.
Champaign, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The room and the swimming pool seemed clean enough, and everything worked. The breakfast was average for a motel breakfast. The staff were friendly and very nice to our kids, which goes a long way. My main complaint was that the price seemed very high for the location. If you need to go to Jamestown I guess those are the market rates, but if you have a choice about what town you are going to stay in you might think about Erie or Olean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robin M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I am sorry if you felt the price was high.

We stay within range of the other hotels in the area.

I am glad my staff was friendly. We love having families stay with us.
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I traveled from Florida to attend his parents 60th wedding anniversary and see my family as well. When we checked in we were told how great the housekeeping was. I told them I didn't care if our sheets were changed every day, but to make sure we had clean towels and empty the garbage. In the eight nights we were there, they only vacuumed once and only cleaned the bathroom once and that was after I had to ask twice. As another reviewer wrote, we had trouble with no hot water as well. One of the ladies behind the front desk acted/seemed like she was drunk or stoned every time I tried to talk to her. She had this blank look on her face like she wasn't hearing anything I said. Kind of creepy. The internet service in the room they had for customers to use was very very slow. One good thing was the breakfast. They had a lot of choices and had hot food when many other places do not. The indoor pool was nice, too. One thing that struck me funny was they had no laundry service. I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel that did not have a laundry for the guests to use. There was a laundromat across the street with no AC and it was very hot out. Not much fun. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Robin M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am sorry you feel this way. We are still working with the city regarding the water issue. I know that my housekeepers do clean their rooms very well.

I am sorry you felt your room was not cleaned to your liking.

I do hope if you come back, tht things will be different.
Chiefland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We traveled from Florida to New York for a family memorial service/family reunion. The morning of the service there was NO hot water. Upon asking the front desk about it we were told that they had already been notified and there wasn't anything wrong with the system. Two hours later still no hot water. Needless to say that evening there was NO hot water. We called the desk once again and we were told that there was nothing that they could do about it (very rudely I must say). I don't recommend this hotel, the customer service is horrible and the rooms smell like wet dogs as well. Will not be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Robin M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am very sorry about these issues. I am working very hard with the city and our plumber to find out what is going on.

I am not letting this slid or stop here. I am trying to get to the bottom of it.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown? Share your experiences!