“45th Weddings Anniversary Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jedediah Hawkins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Jamesport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 25
Transit: The Hampton Jitney stops in Jamesport.
Description: Jedediah Hawkins, housed in the majestically restored 1863 home of Captain Jedediah Hawkins, is quickly becoming the crown jewel in the North Fork’s dining scene. Recognizing that the purity of flavor derives from the ripest, most seasonal ingredients, guests can expect an ever evolving menu that places its emphasis upon local and sustainably grown ingredients.
Bayshore
“45th Weddings Anniversary Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a night's stay at the above-mentioned
inn in Jamesport, New York. It was fabulous!!!!! The celebration of our
45th wedding anniversary was completely enhanced by the beauty of the inn, as
well as the staff and, of course, the cuisine.
It is very hard to express exactly what made The Jedediah Hawkins such a
special place; I just believe that the combination of the people, trained
staff, cuisine and exceptional beauty of the inn and its grounds ,coalesce to
create an atmosphere of warmth, happiness (both for the guests and FROM the
staff) and a desire to return for another wonderful experience!

We rate this inn an A+!

Visited August 2013

long island
“Not the same!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

At my request we visited Jedediah last night to celebrate with family. I previously gave this restaurant a 5 star review and was looking forward to a wonderful meal. Our reservation was early so the restaurant was not crowded. The appetizers we ordered were very good and some of the entrees were also. We were surprised that there were no vegetable side dishes on the menu. (It's August on the north fork of Long Island-farm country!) This made it a little difficult for the vegetarian in our party. She ordered an appetizer for her dinner, requesting that the meat be left off the dish. When it was delivered there was "spec" (fancy name for bacon) draped over her food. My pasta dish was edible but tasted like a frozen dinner. We all agreed. When we let the waitress know we were disappointed there was not offer to replace it or compensate in any way. I ate two forkfuls and left the rest. While the waitress was pleasant, I was astonished when our food was brought to the table. The servers had no idea who got what and it turned into "Who gets the pork? Who gets the fish?" after the dishes were set in front of the wrong people. It reminded me of diner service. Deserts were good although you if you order the ice cream you must take one scoop of each flavor, no adjustments...why? We were never offered coffee with desert. We had to ask for it.
This is a lovely and popular restaurant. However, they need to pay attention to some of these obvious details. I won't be going back anytime soon.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, New York
“Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our stay at the Jedediah Hawkins Inn was amazing. My now fiancé called ahead and made the reservations. When he reserved the room, he mentioned that he was going to propose and wanted to make sure that everything was going to be perfect. When we arrived, we were greeted by Colin and he upgraded us to the suite. The suite was absolutely beautiful. As you head up the stairs, you first enter into this grand study area. Once you reached the bedroom, the room opens up even more. The décor was exquisite with hardwood floors; we had our own private belvedere that overlooked the whole grounds (which was actually where my fiancé proposed to me), at night when you wanted to relax, there a fireplace that was actually very welcoming even in August because we were cold from the AC. The next morning we were greeted with a homemade gourmet breakfast. Everything was perfect and now every year my fiancé and I have decided to make this a tradition a go back for a little romantic getaway.

Visited August 2013
New York
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've been to the Jedidiah Hawkins restaurant at least 3 times, and every time it is a fresh, indulgent culinary adventure. Both lunch & dinner are fantastic, featuring farm/garden to table ingredients, top shelf talent, and an interesting wine list featuring many local wines. It's one of my favorite restaurant in the state.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Beautiful Historic House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were taken here by friends and enjoyed the evening very much. The house itself is beautiful and makes for great ambiance. The only issue was a wedding group who had difficulty corralling their loud children! The staff seemed apologetic and did everything they could but, in the end, not their fault. We had reservations but had to wait quite a bit beyond our time. However, the manager comped our drinks which was nice. The food itself is very good but not necessarily consistent. The duck confit ravioli is to die for but the lobster risotto is too soupy (although lots of lobster). It was especially disappointing because we think they forgot to put in my risotto order and I had to wait quite a while after everyone else received their food. Our dinner companions order the halibut and said it was very good. I can recommend the olive oil cake that was served with apricots and rosemary which was a revelation. I would never have expected those two things to go together but they were fantastic. The area surrounding the restaurant/inn is beautiful and scenic (although dark on our visit) and the adjacent art gallery is fun, too. Check out the basement bar which was used during prohibition.

• Visited July 2013