“First time” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“First time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Saturday night my friend decided to take me here for a late night dinner.I had never been but was excited,as my friend is from Italy and visit frequently and said this was like Italy.We shared a house salad,and was surprised they gave us 2 containers if dressing on the side,which was delicious.I had a spaghetti with a Sardinian cavier,which had a very different taste but was very good.My friend had a steak with porcini dust with potatoes an arugula.We both shared our entrees,she said she didn't care for the pasta but I loved the steak.We had canoli for desert with was very good also.The place is tiny and was packed.We did experience a wait but it was well worth it.The owner happened to know my friend from her frequent visits,and she was so sweet.I will be taking my husband soon.I was told the meatballs are to die for,,,so we will try them and let you know!Great little restaurant.They will be closed for January,but when they open back in February I have a feeling it will be even better!

Mattituck, New York
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been to Grana many times and I love it. It is a small place with miss matched tables and a warm cozy feeling. I love the food. If you go for lunch have a panini because they are amazing. The pizzas are also fabulous. These are not your everyday, run of the mill pizzas. I would call them designer pies that you can't get just anywhere. The combinations of ingredients are matched so well. I noticed some people were disappointed by the service. I have never had this be an issue. Most often our server is Carol and she is WONDERFUL. If you're in Jamesport I would highly recommend eating here.

Manhasset, New York
“Food gets an A, Service gets a C”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Grana is a small, but special restaurant, specializing in authentic Italian pizza fro a wood fired oven using hand-crafted dough. My sister and I ordered the Grana special pizza, with 4 cheeses garlic and arugala. We loved it! However, we did not like the service. They were unfriendly and barely acknowledged us. In addition the bathroom was not clean. However neither of these problems seem to deter the waiting clientele. I understand. I would go back again just to have another savory bite of that pizza.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pennington, New Jersey
“One of the best pies I've had a in a long time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Grana is a small little Italian restaurant in the small town in Jamestown at the beginning of the North Fork wineries in Long Island. We ordered a wood fired pizza and some soft drinks. The pie was a called a NoFo with a nice sweet sausage, fresh homemade mozzarella and sauce and sweet wood fired roasted onions. The time from order to table was extremely fast because the oven was running hot. As we had some wine at few wineries and were a bit tipsy, this meal was a welcome respite. I was told that the pasta dinners that they serve in the evenings are good too as they make their own pasta in house. I have no reservations to recommend this place as a good stopover for a meal!

east quogue, ny
“Exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Occasionally a restaurant is SO GOOD that one is compelled to tell others, even though it will probably reduce the likelihood of getting a table in the future! GRANA is absolutely that good - Delicious pizza from the wood fired oven, and homemade pasta that is light and full of flavor. The spagetti and meatballs dinner was unbelievably tasty. Pair your meal with a tasty bottle of wine from nearby Mattebella Vineyard, and you will not be disappointed. The restaurant is cozy and comfortable, and the service friendly and knowledgable. I am headed back this week to try the melted leeks over homemade fettuccini - see you there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere