“Not happy with the stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton New York JFK

You added Hilton New York JFK to your Saves list
Hilton New York JFK
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   144-02 135th Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11436 (Formerly JFK international Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
Espoo, Finland
“Not happy with the stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I first thought that I would not write this, but even after a month I just had to come back.

We travelled with two small kids, flight was 2,5 hrs late so our mood was probably not the best one, but still:

1. The front desk staff was just strange. The lady made almost no eye contact with me. I had to ask when breakfast is served and at what hour the shuttle bus leaves.

2. There was no bottled water in the room, which I found a little strange especially when the mini bar was empty. I don't want to give NYC tap water to my small kids. I learned that the mini bars are only filled in the "executive rooms".

3. We got to our rooms at midnight and we were starving. According to the guide in the room there would be some sandwich and snacks available at the front desk during the night (12-5 am, or something like that). Great! So I call the front desk only to find that all the food has been "sold out". We were offered a menu to a close by pizza place but decided not to order anything.

4. The breakfast was open until 11am and we arrived at 10:45. The breakfast was OK (although supply was very small) and the guy serving us was nice. Something really strange happened by the buffet tables. We caught two waiters discussing about a person who was obese and who had his teeth pulled out due to the obesity. I couldn't believe I was hearing this at a Hilton hotel and next to the place where I'm eating. I thought I was never gonna write about this but I just had to.

Bottom line is: it felt like almost everything was wrong during our visit. The big picture was fine: the room was clean and the bed was nice. The details were out of place and due to that, I don't think I'll return. Unfortunately.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Arrived after a long light, excellent welcome - room was an average bulk standard Hilton. Given great advise from the check in desk the following morning (directions to Manhattan) - as the air train was non operational.
The executive lounge breakfast was above average - the staff outstanding.
Ah the pool - yes indeed - nice pool, very poorly managed. The pool should be for for the customers, sorry if it is inconvenient for the attendants - who on sequential days all seemed to be studying and eating their lunches - and opening external doors with very high winds blowing - very poor indeed.

Hastings, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Disappointed that management could not have staff for executive lounge and the room changed from e checkin and when I got there Ended up on lower floor with noise all night On the good side. Dana at the bar was excellent and the location and shuttle are great for airport. Those would be the only reason to stay there again. Everything else was just a hotel. And managements response both on site and email were lacking at best.

• Stayed October 2013
New York City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Close to airport, excellent shuttle service. Staff was very good at the bar, breakfast, and clean room. Excellent lobby for meeting others without any hassles. Bar has seven TVS, so, everyone can view their personal choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our third visit to this hotel. We use this hotel when we have an early flight out at JFK. All of our stays have been pleasant, however, this one fell short of our expectation.
As usual, check in is very fast, and after a few signatures and a presentation of a snack, you are in your room within minutes.

I have read many reviews about the loud HVAC system, and prior to this visit have never experienced it. I will have to concur, the blower is loud! It kept me up for the few hours that I had to sleep. (we settled in at 10:30 pm only to have to get up at 1:30am) It felt like a total waste of my Hilton points. Also we requested a wakeup call and didn't receive one. Set your own alarms -do not depend on the staff to contact you.

We were offered an upgrade to the executive floor and did enjoy the club that evening for a snack. It is a nice place to visit - a bit on the homey side.

The transfer to/from the airport via shuttle was seamless.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Hilton is pricey; you get a nice hotel experience, but nothing special...dislike the pay for room internet policy; staff is friendly and helpful; transit to Manhattan is easy with the Q40 bus to subway or LIRR

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was in town on business for during October 2013 and decided to to have dinner at the hotel bar. Boy was I in for a surprise when I met Dana. I stay at Hilton properties at least 120 nights a year and I have never had a bartender be this great. Hilton should hire Dana to train all bar staff around the world. After the first night, she knew what I was drinking and I didn't even have to ask for it when arriving. She would see me and bring over my drink.

Dana also knew the menu very well. Several nights she suggested great items and not once was she wrong.

Dana knows how to treat guests. She introduces herself to you first thing (you will be surprised at the bartenders that never gives your their name or say hello), ask for your name and knows the right balance of leaving you alone and making sure you are taken care of.

While I wasn't happy about a business trip to Queen and staying by JFK, Dana sure made the experience a great one.

If you are at the Hilton JFK be sure to stop in for a night with Dana. Tell he Ben sent you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton New York JFK? Share your experiences!