I first thought that I would not write this, but even after a month I just had to come back.
We travelled with two small kids, flight was 2,5 hrs late so our mood was probably not the best one, but still:
1. The front desk staff was just strange. The lady made almost no eye contact with me. I had to ask when breakfast is served and at what hour the shuttle bus leaves.
2. There was no bottled water in the room, which I found a little strange especially when the mini bar was empty. I don't want to give NYC tap water to my small kids. I learned that the mini bars are only filled in the "executive rooms".
3. We got to our rooms at midnight and we were starving. According to the guide in the room there would be some sandwich and snacks available at the front desk during the night (12-5 am, or something like that). Great! So I call the front desk only to find that all the food has been "sold out". We were offered a menu to a close by pizza place but decided not to order anything.
4. The breakfast was open until 11am and we arrived at 10:45. The breakfast was OK (although supply was very small) and the guy serving us was nice. Something really strange happened by the buffet tables. We caught two waiters discussing about a person who was obese and who had his teeth pulled out due to the obesity. I couldn't believe I was hearing this at a Hilton hotel and next to the place where I'm eating. I thought I was never gonna write about this but I just had to.
Bottom line is: it felt like almost everything was wrong during our visit. The big picture was fine: the room was clean and the bed was nice. The details were out of place and due to that, I don't think I'll return. Unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton New York JFK Airport offers travelers inviting, comfortable and elegantly appointed accommodations minutes from one of the busiest airports in the United States. The hotel is a pleasant alternative to Manhattan prices for business, meetings or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton New York JFK reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Jfk Airport
- Jamaica Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Jamaica