“Is a Hilton always a Hilton? Not!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton New York JFK

You added Hilton New York JFK to your Saves list
Hilton New York JFK
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   144-02 135th Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11436 (Formerly JFK international Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
margaretville
“Is a Hilton always a Hilton? Not!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

For travelers through JFK don't think that the Hilton New York JFK will deliver Hilton quality. This hotel is only a place to catch some zzz's. Our room was however clean and comfortable. The restaurant felt diner-like (no tablecloths & paper napkins) and the fare was just a step up from bar food and pricey at that. Upon arrival the valet station was deserted and I had to weather the winter blast of wind to find out what to do which meant waiting in line to register. Luckily I had a companion to wait with the car. I don't think that there was a manager on site because although the staff was friendly enough there was a lack of formality and gracious service that I've grown to expect from the Hilton brand. as though We chose it as a place to leave our car for a nine-day trip. Room and parking-a bit over $400, not terrible I suppose. The main problem was that upon our return we were informed that there was no hotel limousine directly leaving from the terminal and that we would have to take the train to Federal Square and then find a limo. With an elderly parent and six bags this was an impossibility and would have most likely taken an hour to accomplish- we swung for a $17 (w. tip) cab ride instead and it was well worth it although we had to give the driver directions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Jenny l,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the Hilton quality that you are accustomed to during your recent stay. While the Port Authority restricts hotel shuttles from picking up at the terminals, the Federal Circle hotel pick up zone is definitely not as convenient as other airports in the US and abroad. Please contact me at gerald.loughran@hilton.com or 718-659-0200 so we can discuss further, as your arrival experience was definitely not the norm at our hotel.

Gerald Loughran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Close to Jfk, this hotel provide convenient stay if you need toake an early flight at jfk or are intransit for the night. But don t expect lot of service, even to book a taxi ahead of time is not offered, they will call one just before you eed it, and of course you will have to wait that they found one and it comes!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Glpprinz,

I am sorry for the lack of service that you received during your recent stay. While car service companies are near by and available 24 hours a day, we can and do make reservations for such services daily. I would like the opportunity to speak further with you so that we can address this with the team member that you encountered. In addition, I will share these comments with the guest services team to avoid this from happening again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Three round trips to front desk to gain access to a smallish room. HVAC excessively noisy. Exec lounge dingy and meager nibbles. Retreated to lobby bar where there waa very Slow start to service. Overall well below average for brand.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Scarisbrick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. While your experience is not the norm at our hotel, and our Exec lounge and Bar are usually recognized as wonderful, it is clear that your experience was not pleasant. Please contact me at gerald.loughran@hilton.com so that I may address your concerns and also get more specifics so that we can learn from this and get better at what we do everyday.

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

stayed here for 4 days of conference. location close to JFK airport. Now the pros and cons

PROS:
Location to airport
Friendly staff
Pretty good restaurant
Reasonable price for NYC

CONS:
Cleaniness of the rooms; appears old; poor carpeting
LOUD; paperthin wall, can hear everything outside in the corridor

Overall probably won't stay here again for extended trip, only for 1 days layover for JFK travel.

Room Tip: good only for quick layover
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear TheArtistLosAngeles,

Please contact me at gerald.loughran@hilton.com so we can discuss your stay. We have a completely refurbished hotel with brand new rooms including carpets, and concrete walls and floors, therefore I would like to verify your reservation details as this does not sound like our hotel.

Gerald Loughran - Assistant General Manager
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on business which is ajoined by an inside hallway. I had dinner here 3 nights in a row. The 2nd night (Thurs 1/9/13) was very busy. The restaurant manager, Duane was cool as a cucumber. He explained how long of a wait it would be. I requested to sit at the bar. At the bar I was greeted by Dana, the most upbeat and welcoming bartender. Her recomendations for food are right on point. I was not disappointed. She did inform me due to the full restuarant the kitchen was a bit behind. I SO appreciated that. We wait in line at the grocery store, the dr office, essentially everywhere we go. It was nice to be alerted of a possible delay. Therefore I (nor any other guest at the bar) was upset. We knew they were busy. Had I not been informed I would have been furious. This also gave us the customer the ability to choose if we were going to stay or go. We chose to stay. I will wait and be treated by a queen by your staff while I wait.

The next night, manger Duane remembered my name and was sure to ask how I was doing. Dana did the same. I felt like I was at home with old friends. THIS is what excellent customer service feels like! Attitude is a choice. Your team's positive attitude and fun personalities are the reason why I always choose Hilton brands when I travel! I work with the public. I am a trainer. I have high expectations. They exceeded my expectations. WOW!

Room Tip: I did not sleep here. I was at the hotel next door. My review is based on the restaurant. However ev...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear NYMommaL,

I am so glad that you decided to stay and wait and that Dana and Duane made such a great impression on you. They are truly amazing service professionals and your kind words will be shared with the team! Next time your travels bring you to the area, whether you stay with us or the Hampton (which we are connected internally to) we look forward to seeing you again!! Come back soon!

Best,
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

What I saw online when I booked this hotel was not what I had expected. This hotel is a must. The hospitality from the staff was so overwhelming that I did not want to leave. Tara at the coffee shop greeted me with the biggest smile and made the most wonderful comment that made me feel right at home. (Thank you Tara). Pedro our waiter could not do enough for Tammy and I. (We were blessed with his kindness, politeness and wonderful smile. Actually this applies to all the waiters and waitresses at this hotel.) Shafeek the concierge, Peter the security guard and Sharon at the coffee shop in the mornings with that beautiful smile of hers are only but a few names that I can remember. (Don't forget I just turned 60 and am now really starting to have senior, senior moments.) I'm am sorry for the people whose names that I have not mentioned, I have not forgotten you because you are all just so wonderful.
So, to all travelers, "Hilton New York JFK" is a must because you will be looked after as if you were home away from home. THANK YOU HILTON NEW YORK JFK!!!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the motorway and JFK Airport and got a lot of warm sunshine even though it was w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Charlene R,

We are thrilled that your 60th Birthday was one "To Cherish for Life" and that all of our team members created that Home Away from Home for you and Tammy! Tara, Pedro, Shafeek, Peter and Sharon are all awesome and we can't wait to welcome you back next time! Maybe for your 61st??

Thank you for your kind words!
Umdloti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great hotel for location to JFK, no hesitation in recommending. Excellent, professional staff. Complimentary shuttle to JFK. Very comfortable beds. Good restaurant. Great coffee shop. Only downfall is having to pay for wifi in the rooms - complimentary in the foyer area but not in rooms ! Majority of people who travel require wifi access and it is now an important aspect in choosing a hotel. To be honest, I did think twice on staying here when I noticed the daily charge for wifi, its not a huge charge but it's the principle of the issue. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn JFK (next door to the Hilton) who do not charge for wifi in the rooms but wanted to experience the Hilton on this occassion.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear MStry55,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you gave us a try this time. While we do charge for wifi, it is complimentary for Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members so the more you stay, the quicker you obtain those benefits. Contact me next time you are returning to the area, and I will gladly comp the $7.95 charge for your repeat business.

Gerald Loughran

Been to Hilton New York JFK? Share your experiences!