“Best hotel at JFK but still some glitches” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton New York JFK

You added Hilton New York JFK to your Saves list
Hilton New York JFK
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   144-02 135th Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11436 (Formerly JFK international Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
london
“Best hotel at JFK but still some glitches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We've stayed at most of the airport hotels at JFK and this is the best. Good rooms and a great swimming pool. OK food. Service was a bit mixed though. We needed the sofa bed made up for the night, and it took 3 visits to the desk and two calls before anything happened. I also left a shirt there and that took 4 phone calls before I got to the right person who sent it on. Thanks to Gerald, the duty manager, who responded quickly and was at pains to sort things out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear namosh,

Thank you so much for your time and allowing me to fix the issue with the lost and found item that you left behind in the room. I am glad that you were able to receive them prior to your return to the UK. When you travels bring you back through NYC, please contact me directly so I can make sure your stay is nothing but the best ~ A True 10 out of 10 experience!

Gerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Knutsford, Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here on last night of our holiday, as our British Airways' flight was 0800 next morning to London. Everybody from Courtesy bus driver to Front Desk, Pool attendant and other staff were very nice and helpful. We especially liked the ladies in the Executive Lounge who were lovely and friendly. One point of criticism, however, was the poor selection of complimetary hors d'oeuvres, sandwiches etc, which were a bit tasteless !! point of note here that in the UK you get alcoholic drinks free in the Exec Lounges !! why not in the U.S. tut tut. Overall though a very nice night's stay and will stay again should the occasion arise.

Room Tip: Rooms face either JFK freight terminal and aircraft stands or other side faces private housing, howe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lfc4ever,

We are so glad that you truly enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our team members. We will most certainly look at the food offereings in the Executive lounge and see how we can improve these. Thank you for the feedback. We are also thrilled that your will choose us again when you return to the area!!

Thank you so much for your business.

Pompano Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly.

The room was clean and decent but very noisy. We stayed on the fifth floor and it was very loud at odd hours. Around 7 AM each day there were loud, odd noises like a window washing car on squeaky cables or something but I looked and didn't see one. The folks above us sounded like they were moving (and sometimes bouncing) furniture over our heads VERY late at night. I don’t know if requesting the top floor would make it any better or not.

The food in the restaurant was marginal -do not order the eggs Benedict, just don't!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Larry A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. While your experience isn't one that I hear often, when you travels bring you back to the area, please contact me directly so that I can upgrade you to our Executive floor so that you can be on the top floor. (Both 11 and 12 are Executive floors with a different design scheme).

Thank you again for your feedback.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The best thing I can say about the hotel is it feels very new so everything is clean and fresh. Nice gym. Great location. Service was so-so, a few hiccups but nothing hugely terrible. Very convenient location for JFK. Basically a very busy, bustling airport hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear EJG4,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our Brand New Hotel!!! We welcome all feedback and I would love to connect with you one on one so I can address the so-so service issues. We strive to be a 10 out of 10 from beginning to end, so I thank you in advance for assisting us to get better at what we do everyday.

Vacaville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Very nice hotel- typical quality you'd expect from Hilton. It's located just across the highway from JFK airport. This was great for me because I was working at the airport this visit. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

I couldn't find any restaurants or stores close to the hotel so if you do not have a car you're stuck with what's in the hotel. Also, the room air conditioner is kind of noisy. I had to turn up the TV every time it kicked in. Otherwise it was a great visit!

Dear Emarsh69,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us. I am glad you had a "Nice Stay" and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. In addition we are just rolling out our new fall menu in the restaurant so when you are back in the area, please stop by for some great new dishes!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was stranded at JFK overnight after traveling from Ireland, and this hotel was a very nice end to a long, frustrating day. After being in Ireland with small, hard beds and no air conditioning, walking into this room seemed like heaven! The a/c was on when I arrived and the room had large plushy beds with upscale linens and modern furnishings. I am an extremely light sleeper, and I heard NO noise at all after putting the a/c to cool and the fan to auto. It emits a steady noise that I enjoy although some might find it too loud. I will most definitely go back to this hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Daer nashville_dog_lover,

We are so THRILLED that you "Love This Hotel!" Thank you for taking the time to share your story with the tripadvisor community. Come back and see us again real soon.

Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice clean especially for an airport hotel. The best in the area really. Was moving daughter in to college and though i needed a rental car it was best for me. I am a hotel (snob) sorry to say I really like clean rooms and bathrooms. It was a bit more in cost but I felt safe and i felt as if I was secure. I'd stay there again anytime.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear ShyJackson,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our New Hotel! We are truly pleased that you experienced our great offerenings and service, and also felt safe and sound.

Now that your daughter is on the East Coast for college, hopefully we will have the honor of having you stay here a couple times a year!!

Gerald Loughran

Been to Hilton New York JFK? Share your experiences!