“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton New York JFK

Save Saved
You added Hilton New York JFK to your Saves list
Hilton New York JFK
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   144-02 135th Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11436 (Formerly JFK international Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 26 hotels in Jamaica
Maidstone
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Booked a one night stay after a long flight across the pond.

Shuttle collected us from the airport without any delays, the Hotel is clean and staff are very helpful, room overlooked the runway, but the double galzing worked as we heard nothing.

The beds were superb and slept like a baby all night.

Breakfast was a bit pricey, $17.

All in all a good place for a quick stopover after a long flight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Peter W:

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review on Tripadvisor. It is always pleasant to hear that we got it right, so thanks. I will pass your comments along to our entire team.

599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our 10pm flight to HK was cancelled and we stayed in this hotel to wait for our flight the following day. Since this was arranged by Cathay pacific airlines, we were shuttled to the hotel after almost an hour of waiting for the bus. The trip didnt take long as it is very near the airport, and thank God, the front desk people were really efficient coz our check in was very quick. The room given to us was big with two double beds and very very good pillows, we love it! The bathroom and toilet were clean, though we have to ask for more toilet amenities since there was only one set and there were three of us. The housekeeping staff were so quick to solve this problem, though. No complimentary bottled water but they have complimentary coffee and tea. We had dinner in their restaurant and the food was also very good. This hotel has a boutique inside selling souvenirs and other daily necessities. They also have a swiimming pool and a gym. I find the hotel staff in this hotel quite friendly and overall we had a relaxing and comfortable stay in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tetreg:

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review on Tripadvisor. It is always pleasant to hear that we got it right, so thanks. We are sorry that your plane was delayed however, I'm glad we made it a little better for you and your family.

I will be passing your comments on to our entire team and thank them for doing a wonderful job in fullfilling your needs.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

First off, this hotel is very nice and much better than expected. I have to say it exceeded my expectations. After having my flight cancelled and fighting my way to find a room, my day was not going well after a long two days of exhaustive meetings. Late at night, tired, very hungry and I had enough. The Hilton hotel staff immediately greeted me with an honest smile, willing to help and everything was super clean, and bright with really comfortable bed and pillows. Even the shuttle driver the next morning was super nice. But the best part of my visit by far was the dinner I had at the bar. The food was outstanding, but it was Dana, the bartender/host who was absolutely INCREDIBLE. Super outgoing, respectful, fun and knew how to treat a wieried business traveler. I watched how she interacted with others, and she knew exactly who wanted to talk, who didn't, super fast and so respectful to everyone. This woman knows her game. She made my day and will be the reason I come back to this hotel again. If HiIton was smart they would realize what a tremendous asset they have in Dana and promote this girl immediately before somebody else steals her away. Hilton has a real gem with her and a big reason that really sets them apart in my mind of anyplace I've ever been. And why I'll stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
To John G:

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your wonderful comments it is always a pleasure to hear when we get it right. As the Food & Beverage Director I was happy to hear our team exceeded your expectations. I couldn’t agree with you more regarding Dana it truly comes from her heart and we are very lucky to have her on our team.

I will share your comments with our team and with Dana. Once again thank you for staying with us and I do hope we have the opportunity to service you and your family again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

DON'T STAY HERE If you are coming in from JFK! Booked here to break up a long overseas trip. Was a great idea until the shuttle took over an hour to get to the designated hotel shuttle pick-up zone at JFK (there's only one). Called hotel 4 times and was assured each time that the shuttle was just 5-10 minutes away. Finally had to hire a car service to travel the 1 mile to the hotel. Could have stayed in Manhattan with less travel hassles and still wondering where the shuttle was for that hour! Saw the Sheraton van and Hilton garden inn vans 5 times while waiting. Probably best to book your stay with one of those hotels instead.

Stayed July 2012
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
To Laurie B:

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review on Tripadvisor. I’m sorry we did not meet your expectations and yes I do agree we should have sent the driver out immediately. We are using your experience as a teachable moment and training for our team.

Once again thank you and I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My flight was early in the morning, so I pick Hilton.

Service was very professional, welcomed me at the door and introduced all options. I was checking-in after the Delta team but all process went surprisingly fast.

Room was very clean, the quality was also very high. I got all amenities that I needed.

Shuttle service goes at specific time - make sure you are not late, as it does not wait longer. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport.

If necessary I will be back - it is a great business hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paula_Januszkie...:

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review on Tripadvisor. It is always pleasant to hear that we got it right, so thanks. We have placed another Shuttle into service to help with our current volume.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This Hotel was recently renovated and changed from a Holiday Inn Hotel to a Hilton. In talking to the Hotel manager here, he told me that Hilton invested a lot of money into this renovation; so much that it would have cost less to build a new Hotel from the ground up. It is truly a parent Hilton quality Hotel in every sense of the word - great staff, outstanding restaurant, comfortable rooms and fast WIFI.
Executive floor and executive lounge are good. Executive lounge has 24 hour access with a big stock of water, juice, yogurt and sodas available after operating hours. There is also a huge big screen TV in the lounge area with a huge selection of sports and documentary channels then the already large selection of channels in the Hotel rooms.
Hotel shuttles depart the Hotel on time; A+ and in the past, shuttles picking up at Federal Circle have been prompt but unfortunately in the past two months this has declined - pick up service has dropped to a C+
The restaurant and lounge area down stairs are outstanding!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
To Scottya320:

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your wonderful comments it is great to hear when we get it right. As the Food & Beverage Director I was happy to hear we met your expectations. I am sorry to hear we fumbled with our shuttle to and from the airport. This is an area we are concentrating on to make it better.

I will share your comments with our team. Once again thank you for staying with us and I do hope we have the opportunity to service you and your family again.

Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for less than 12 hours between flights. The room we were assigned looked great, but there was someone else's hair in one of our two beds. To the hotel's credit, they sent the housekeeper and housekeeping manager to the room to rectify the situation immediately. In a hotel of the Hilton JFK's size, things are bound to happen. The important thing is how the problems are handled, and the housekeeping manager on duty could not have been any more professional about the situation.

As others have mentioned, the air conditioning unit is the loudest I have heard at any hotel. It did provide cold air for us -- along with gale force winds. Another opportunity area involves the airport shuttle. The driver to the hotel parked us away from the front entrance which meant we had to drag our luggage further than necessary (why not stop at the front door since the driveway is in front of the door and that's where the shuttle to the airport picks up?). The shuttle to the airport was another interesting experience. Apparently, the driver was on his break - though he was parked in front of the front door to the hotel - and was not ready to let us board until the last possible moment. How about having the driver park away from the front door if he is not ready for us to board or have him take his break away from the shuttle vehicle? It was rude for the driver to be on the shuttle and basically indicate he was on a break and close the door in our faces...

The executive lounge was nicely designed. There was a nice variety of non-alcoholic beverages. I cannot comment on the alcohol since I do not drink alcohol. I also appreciated the fresh fruit cups and snacks. The hors d'oeuvres could have been a little better. The egg/spring rolls were a little soft (as opposed to being crispy), etc.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear AroundTheWoldl:

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review on Tripadvisor. It is always pleasant to hear that we got it right, so thanks. It is unfortunately that our shuttle service and driver failed to met your expectations and our level of service. Thank you for your comments we will use them as teachable moments.

The A/C units we resolving the noise issue, so hopefully if you ever stay with us again that issue will be resolved.

Michelle Rini

Been to Hilton New York JFK? Share your experiences!