“Horrible hotel-DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn at JFK Airport

You added Lexington Inn at JFK Airport to your Saves list
Lexington Inn at JFK Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   138-05 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11435 (Formerly Clarion Hotel)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Horrible hotel-DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We landed at JFK at 11pm and the drive home was 3 hours so we decided to stay by JFK for a night. We picked a cheap hotel (which was still very price at $128) thinking it would only be a night and that was the biggest mistake. The hotel was in a rough neiborhood. We saw some prostitute-like women outside of the hotel. We were worried about our car's safety at the open parking lot but we were very tired to think much more. The front desk staff was not friendly. The first room he gave us was in the basement. As soon as we got to the basement, my fiance noticed the back door was open. That was alarming since the area was bad. Then we got into our room and encountered heavy cigarette smoke smell as soon as we entered. The room was supposed to be nonsmoking! The bed sheet looked dirty. It looked as if they never changed the sheet since the last person stayed there but only made the bed, and did a very bad job. We immediately requested another room. He then told us to wait at the room which was still in the basement and someone would bring the key. We stood in the hallway for 10 minutes and somebody finally showed up. He hesitated at first before he opened the door then he went into the room and came right out telling us that room wasn't clean. We then went back to the front desk. They were not able to give us any other room at all stating all rooms are occupied. They were going to spray the first room with some air freshner. That was definitely not a solution. We decided to drive 3 hours home at 2am because it was just not worth of risking having our car breaking in or suffering in the dirty room. Do not stay there would be my suggestion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel is situated about 10 minutes from JFK airport, however it does not offer any secure parking for one's vehicle. I had to park on the street in an area that is filled with trouble of all sorts.

The room was reasonable, however the airconditioner cover fell off when I switched it on. The breakfast leaves much to be desired.

Room Tip: I will recommend this hotel if you travel by cab or train, stations nearby.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
columbus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for just a few days the staff are very rude and very inconsderate. I had my room cleaned we still were staying another night and the cleaning people stole some of my property and when I went to front desk report it the staff act like I was crazy and misplaced it. No compassion what so ever so anybody reading this do not stay here the cleaning people are thieves and the staff may be in on it too because they could care less im still waiting on the hotel to call me back.

Room Tip: Do not stay here the cleaning people are thieves.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel is well located - 2 minutes walk to the E line taking you to JFK airport, alternatively you can take a cab for 20$. The E line also takes you direct to Manhattan in about 40 minutes.
The surounding area is not particularly nice - highly recommend eating in Manhattan and making your way back afterwards.

The hotel is basic - which it to be expected for the price. My room was clean, and quiet. It was in the basement which meant that it was very dark. The airconditioning unit took 80% of the window surface which didn't help.
The bathroom was also clean, and everything was working as expected.
The room has coffee facilities and a fridge (which can be switched off if you are a light sleeper).

The breakfast was basic, but perfectly fine: tea/coffee, juices, bread, cereals, bagels, muffins...

The elevators were a bit dated, and covered by a quilt inside... which made it look even more dated!
The stairs would be fine to use for 1 floor, however there was no staircase linking the hotel loby and the basement, so to avoid the elevator, I had to take the stairs to the street, and then get back in the hotel

The one thing which I think the hotel could do to improve the general perception is the mood of the front desk staff. They couldn't care less who came in and out of the hotel and barely said a word when I checked in and checked out. This would greatly improve the first impression on the hotel.

Room Tip: the basement room I had 125 was quiet, but very dark
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Low Class hotel. May be ok if you dont have any other option. Parking is a mess. The nearby area feels unsafe. People at the front desk dont really care if you are there or not. Room insulation is terrible. You can hear everything thats happenning outside your room. We couldnt sleep. Thats when I an writing this review. Spend a few more dollars and get a better place. This really isnt worth it unless this is ur only option

• Stayed May 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel is okay if you are needing a quick sleep. Checked into the hotel for the night as my flight out of JFK was departing early in the morning. After giving my credit card and signing the receipt then the hotel representative mentioned that she put me on a lower floor as the elevator has been out of order for some time. I checked in on 5/8 and just called the hotel and the representative mentioned that the elevator is still NOT working. Later that night I went out to get some dinner. On the way back into the hotel I overheard a customer telling the hotel rep. that the room assigned to him and his wife already had another couple assigned to it. This was a BAD mix-up. The only other good things is that there was a FREE continental breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Queens, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel during hurricane Sandy, because I am a hospital employee and needed to stay near the hospital. The room was clean, but had a smell of bad perfume. If you need to stay pre-flight for the night it's fine, but please don't ruin your vacation in New York City by taking the cheap way out and staying here. The neighborhood is honestly dangerous, and it's always been dangerous!! You shouldn't be out at night especially if you're a tourist and don't know the surroundings. There's with good reason that there's a Level 1 trauma hospital around the corner. One night isn't bad, but you can find safer places that aren't so expensive in New York.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lexington Inn at JFK Airport? Share your experiences!