“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
Oxford
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here August 2012 en route to NC and wished I hadn't. Arrived late in the day only to discover a filthy bed with dirty / stained sheets, room unclean / unhoovered and washbasin had dirt on the surround and the lip which gradually worsened with use. In all my time travelling I have never experienced such a shabby and dirty hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Days in hotel is nice for people who are just there for a short time , the shuttle service is very good and is always on time it is very quiet in the area very nice service on arrival , the place was very clean and tidy the maids were very friendly , the rooms where very nice the bathrooms were very nice and the breakfast was a good selection . the front desk staff were very nice they had any answer to every question i may ask . over all the location is nice for short trips in to Newyork , would tell any one about this hotel any time .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Me and my friends were there on August 6th, 2012. We booked 3 rooms though priceline. When we got there, I asked the guy at front desk if they have double beds. He told me all double bed were gone, I asked him if they have roller bed that we can use to make it double beds, because we have 6 adults and 2 kids. He told me that they didn't have roller beds either, and 3 rooms are smoking room. I asked him if I cancelled my reservation, he said call priceline, and have priceline send him cancellation letter before midnight, he would cancel for me. I called priceline, and priceline called Days Inn JFK right away, that guy said, he is not manager, and ask priceline called back next day. Priceline called back next day, and manager told priceline they would not refund the money, because booking on priceline is not refundable. I was so mad, they charged me $739.32 for no staying in hotel at all, and they intentionaly misinformed me. The guy offered me to cancel by calling priceline, and played game that he is not the manager. If this is none refundable, he should tell me right away, I could reserve one additional none smoking room next door. I don't recommend this hotel at all. Be careful with cheators.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Days inn @ JFK is perfect for travelers w overnight layovers. My wife and i stayed here the eve of our flight to st lucia for our honeymoon. Rooms are very clean. Staff very helpful and friendly...esp Akash at front desk and shuttle driver Jason. These two guys went above and beyond what we expected of them. Use this place for its true purpose...a clean place to stay that's near JFK. Price was very cheap for NYC...$107 for the night. Negatives would be: neighborhood a bit ruff, rooms a bit small, not much w/ in walk distance. But...again...if you're just there for a layover, those negatives aren't too damaging. Also, they can shuttle you to the "resorts casino" where you can choose from a huge selection of eating places and kill some time at the slot machines or at the bar. Most importantly, the shuttle to jfk is free and runs 24 hours. The drivers are very prompt and hustle you to your terminal. This was key!! Don't hesitate...book it !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cap-Haitien, Haiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I always use Days Inn JFK Airport.
Very comfortable, free wifi and breakfast.
The staff at Days inn JFK very good customer service; Akash.
He is always small and pleasant.
I would recommend this hotel to everybody who want to find hotel near JFK.
LEE

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Scarborough, Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The reception from the first day was out of this world and as they say first impressions count! I have stayed in Baltimore, Atlanta, North Carolina and South Carolina at hotels like Renaissance, Holiday Inn and Hilton but you guys were the very best, warm hospitality and overall ambience was fantastic.
The only other time I visited the USA and got such excellent treatment was at a home of a family that was from my country Trinidad & Tobago.
The staff at Days Inn JFK gave excellent customer service; Machelle and Ana from housekeeping were always attentive to my needs, and always kept my room tidy and clean. Akash and Vincent were always very pleasant and helpful. I felt at home away from home and they were all like family during my stay, i never felt alone. I am not forgetting Bibi and Shashi always helpful; also too there was a tall spanish looking man that was always with a pleasant smile and welcome I don't know his name.
I enjoyed my stay and I will recommend you to EVERYONE.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Thank you Days Inns for providing an extremely convienent stop over at JFK. We booked because of its close proximity to JFK and the fact that a free shuttle is provided.
We were pleasantly surprised by Bibi and the rest of the staff who were all very helpful.
The room, for a budget hotel was really well equipped and everything worked , including the free internet access. It was also light , airy and clean. Altogether beautifully prepared for out arrival.
I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay close to the airport for any reason.
Geoffrey Fish

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn JFK Airport? Share your experiences!