“Service Excellence at its best!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riverview, Florida
“Service Excellence at its best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Queens/JFK Kennedy property last week-end , and what a pleasant greeting upon arrival to Anjanie's bright and warm smile, and her eagerness to provide excellent service. In fact, throughout my stay, it seems as though the place was infused with 'niceness' and service from almost all members of the hotel staff with whom I came in contact. I believe that the service excellence is laudable and would be amis to not recognize: Anjanie, Sade, Dintia in house-keeping, the gentleman from the Bar and Restaurant (I feel badly that I cannot remember his name, but I believe that he is from Bangladash (sp?)) the very nice and pretty young lady with dimples that also greeted me upon my arrival...all outstanding employees...they are the type of employees that deserve to be recognized through 'Undercover Boss' episode...how 'bout it Hilton-Corporate?! :) In any event, I am positive that the hotel administrators know the huge asset these employees are for their business and will continue to motivate and reward them, nicely, as they so deserve. :)
Keep up the great work!...Hospitality personified...Bravo!
val williams

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
jefferson, n.c., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I would recommend this hotel not because things went well, but because they corrected problems in a timely manner. The staff promptly listened to our concerns and made sure we were comfortable. We plan on returning to the Garden Hilton soon.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Atlanta/Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed here for business numerous times over the past few years and always enjoy it. I've also stayed in their sister property - Hilton JFK. Although it's a bit more luxurious, the staff, free Wi-Fi, and coziness of the HGI makes it my hotel of choice while on business at JFK. The made-to-order omelets at the breakfast buffet (and Ebony the breakfast buffet server) are awesome! The bar/restaurant is a great little place to gather before heading out to dinner - good beer and appetizers, all served with a smile.

Room Tip: Try to get an East facing room because the sun really makes the rooms warm in the afternoon on the w...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Kathmandu, Nepal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel was good. Friendly staff. But the restaurant in the lobby though plain looking had super food. I had simple but perfectly grilled salmon and fresh veggies with rice. The chef was Dewan. So welcoming and helpful. Great meal

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I go to NY several times a year and stay by JFK and the Hilton Garden inn is the only hotel I stay at. The hotel staff has always been excellent. Everyone is friendly, helpful and always seem to want to provide excellent service. Ebony and Crystal who are in the restaurant are great. They provide excellent service but are always friendly and treat you like a friend and not just a guest...If you need to stay by JFK stay at the Hilton Garden inn

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Such a delight dealing with Anjanie at the Front desk. She's very attentive and courteous. She even discreetly helped out a colleague with digital check in standards. She always has a smile whenever she interacts with guests. Makes me want to steal her and have her work with us.

The doorman (wasn't able to catch his name) always cheerful and greets with a warm welcome while one of the driver (hispanic) makes an effort to open/close the door with friendly approach towards guests.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a Hilton HHonors member and have stayed in Hilton Garden Inns and other Hilton properties all over the US. My family needed 4 rooms and I am embarrassed to say I recommended this HGI based on my experience with the brand. It is literally right next to the Department of Sanitation (the dump). In addition, contrary to my experience with other HGIs, this hotel offered:
- No free parking for guests ($21/day)
- No free breakfast ($18/person)
- No pool
- No bottled water in the fitness center
- No USB chargers or alarm clocks with aux jacks in room
- Only 2 towels and 1 soap (for a 2 double bed room reserved for a family)
- Only 1 key
- A loud and clicking room air conditioner
In addition, while my family was already in bed, another guest attempted to enter our room with a WORKING KEY but was blocked by the latch and confronted by my wife. The front desk then called us and quizzed us on our identity - they had dual assigned our room!
Finally, I attempted to provide this list of complaints to the hotel manager and discovered that the person listed as the "manager on duty" had the day off. I gave the list to a "supervisor" who could not have cared less. She asked me what she could do about it but did not offer anything to make it right.

Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dontavius R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Queens/JFK Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jim C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with your room being assigned to another guest have been addressed. As well, I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. We strive to personalize each guest's experience and keep costs affordable in doing so. Thank you for your review.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Queens/JFK Airport? Share your experiences!