“Happy All the Way from the Bronx/ Westchester Area” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bronx, New York
“Happy All the Way from the Bronx/ Westchester Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My stay at this property was excellent. The General Manager Denise Rubin greeted us with a warm smile at the door. The front desk staff was pleasant and the atmosphere was outstanding.My room accommodations were great and I slept like I was at home in my own bed. I was in the area for the wedding and was grateful I did not have to commute back to the Bronx after the ceremony. The area was quite and easy to navigate. This was the perfect getaway I needed to get cozy with my love and celebrate with our family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Denise R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Queens/JFK Airport, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear SGDasent,

Thank you for posting your comments via TripAdvisor. We are happy that we were able to take great care of you and your love. Look forward to having you stay with us again, possibly for another family event. Thanks again! See you soon!

Denise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The attention was very good, specially at dinner. It was such a good service from Alexis, Dewan and Vinny, the made me felt I was a V.I.P. They make your comfort their biggest goal. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Omar R,

Thank you for the overall Good Hospitality comment. Very happy to hear the team gave you VIP treatment, We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely.
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I came here for business and brought out two kids (12 and 17). We were put over here due to the Sheraton next door messing up our reservation. So the night manager was kind and helpful. The room was decent. But we were told to enjoy breakfast on them due to the error in our room at Sheraton (they are sister properties). We got our 4 orders 10 minutes apart so could eat together. Then before my husband even got his breakfast, he was handed a ridiculous bill for almost $100. We told them that our breakfast was included and she just looked at us and moved the bill closer to my husband. I was actually more upset that she handed him the bill before he even got his plate! So I started for the front desk to resolve the bill. My husband followed after telling the server he hadn't even gotten his food. She didn't seem to care. He told her Never mind, I don't even want it now. While at the desk, she sent another server over to to him his breakfast was ready. Bottom line, worst service at breakfast, ridiculously priced, staff is indifferent. Then my husband was at the desk for over one hour trying to resolve the matter. I would have not dined there had they not offered it to us on them. But since they did, we took it with intention to tip well. But the service was so bad, you couldn't pay me to eat there again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear sicilianprince,

First I want to thank you for posting your comments via TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that between both hotels we were not able to take great care of you. I apologize for the overall lack of service and treatment you and your family received in the restaurant. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. We would like to make this right for you and your family. I look forward to hearing from you.

Denise Rubin
718-322-4448
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

DeJuan is amazing. Accommodated ALL our requests and anticipated most of our questions. I normally get a non smoking room but took a smoking room so we could check in earlier. Next time I will wait fore non smoking :-) The shuttle service was convenient and courteous. If you need to stay next to the airport, stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear AngelFan44,

Thank you for the Excellent Service comments posted via TripAdvisor. I will share with Dajuan as well as the rest of the team. Next time give us a call and we will hold a non smoking room for your early arrival. Hope to see you soon!

Sincerely.
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The manager of this hotel went above and beyond expectations. My daughter missed her flight from Paris and the next available flight required her to stay overnight in New York. Her phone, money, credit card and ATM card had been stolen earlier.

She arrived in New York with just 5 euros in her pocket. Not only did the manager take the necessary steps to insure my daughter was able to charge meals, etc. to the room, she gave $20 of her own money to my daughter so she would have some money to complete her journey.

Her kindness provided some sunshine to an otherwise stormy experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Dla6,

We were sorry to hear your daughter missed her flight, I am sure that was not a great experience for you or her. I am glad we were able to take great care of her. Hope all is well now. If you or your daughter pass through the area in the future, love to have you stay with us.

perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Arrived late after a torturous 24 hr flight from Australia on 5th April 2014.
It was close to 11pm and the bar was about to stop serving food however the check in staff were excellent and arranged for 2 meals to be cooked and they placed our drinks order.
This enabled us to take our bags to the room, shower and then relax with a bar service meal and a drink.
Hotel is modern with nice well decorated rooms with comfy beds.
We had a couple of slight issues that were dealt with swiftly and efficiently by Asia and Destini, what a credit to Hilton these two were, very friendly and professional.
Would definitely stay there again.

Darren Clarke

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear d c perth,

Thank you for posting your fantastic comments vis TripAdvisor. Sorry you had a torturous flight, but glad we were able to take care of you. We are happy that you were able to relax and enjoy the comfortable beds. I will share your comments with the team! Thank you again and hope to see you again!

Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Such a wonderful hotel, the staff were kind, helpful and very friendly. The environment was soothing and relaxing. the quality of the rooms were fantastic, my family and I had such a wonderful night of the sleep here. Excellent service!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Denise R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Queens/JFK Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Perry S.,

Thank you for posting what a "Great Hotel" via Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear your family had a wonderful night sleep and enjoyed the friendly staff. Hope to see you again in the future.

Denise

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Queens/JFK Airport? Share your experiences!