“Great hotel for a great price in a good location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
Chesapeake, VA
“Great hotel for a great price in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

I was a little worried when a friend booked this hotel for me but I was pleasently suprised. I travel at least 2-4 times a month and always stay in hotels, and without a doubt would stay here again. The location is decent with 2 subway stops within 2-4 blocks. A good variety of food places around the corner from the hotel. The hotel room was very nice with a flat screen tv, very nice bed, a good sized frig and microwave, and it had free wireless. The staff was very nice and helpful when I needed them. They had a normal breakfast downstairs with waffles, but I did not try it. I think that if you go to this hotel you will be very suprise at how nice it is. Also they did have a particion at the registration desk, but it is NY!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Okay, The bullet proof glass in the lobby and the not-so-great area really worried me to begin, but I needed a place to stay for on night near JFK. I got this hotel on Priceline and as it turned out it was two blocks from a subway so I took the AirTrain to the E and minutes later was checked in.

The rooms have recently been updated. New carpet, flat panel TV, nice beds, and overall very pleasant. Thinking I had made a mistake, I was very pleased with the hotel and would stay here again for a JFK overnight.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

The first time we stayed here (last Dec) it was very enjoyable: convenient location, good breakfast, pretty good rooms (you can read the rave reviews here for an idea of all this). What ruined our stay here this time, however, was the terrible service we received by the front desk. When booking in, the receptionist (whose English was very hard to understand) forgot to give back my driver's license; when checking out, again problems communicating; when ordering a taxi, they got me a cabbie who didn't know city streets; but what took the cake was when I called about us forgetting a bag of clothes in our room after checking out -- I called MANY times over 2 days but couldn't get a definite answer on whether our bag had been found! Finally, the receptionist just gave up and said "Sorry I can't help you. Come yourself and look." Yeah, right, I'm gonna truck it all the way from Manhatten to poke under the beds!??

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
San Juan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

It still keeps the good rating it had when it was a Comfort Inn. The E train subway station is 3 blocks away when you take into consideration the Van Wyk expressway overpass. There is a Clarion nearer this subway station which I would recommend when cheaper although I have never stayed at. The F train subway station is a bit farther away due to a long pedestrian path over the expressway. Just a stop away from the Airtrain to JFK. KFC, McDonalds, and Wendys within 2-3 blocks away. The breakfast lady could be nicer.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Newton Abbot UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

We have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel(part of a larger tour of New England). I can only echo what several other posters have said, friendly and helpful staff and a clean, comfortable room. We had decided not to brave the New York traffic , and so needed somewhere a little out of the city with a subway nearby. This fit the bill perfectly, the subway is only a ten minute walk and half an hour later you're in Manhattan.
There's a range of local shops nearby, including a launderette if you need it and the locals were all friendly and approachable. The buffet breakfast was good, but if you need something more substantial, I really reccommend the Flagship diner less than five minutes walk up the road. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I needed a place to stay overnight in New York and based on Tripadvisor reviews and availability I chose this hotel! The price was right. $130 dollars per night from the hotel's website. This included complimentary internet and breakfast... a must when I travel.

First impressions were not too good as you approach it from the Van Wyck Expressway from the airport. In fact, the location is very good. Queens Boulevard is directly behind the hotel and there are many local shops, diners, delis etc. The neighbourhood is fine and safe and best of all, it's just a few minutes away from the subway on foot. I caught the subway into the city at night which took about 25 mins.

The room had all the comforts I needed. Internet worked fine and you can make international calls with a phone card as there are complimentary local calls. Breakfast was plain but satisfactory. The staff and manager were very friendly and willing to answer my questions. All in all, I'd recommend this place wholeheartedly. It's near JFK and if you want to spend some time in New York and save yourself some money, it's ideal. Ask the hotel to call you a cab for JFK ...$20...not bad at all

I'd definitely return

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Jamaica Best Western during U. S. Open Golf week. We were a short, pleasant walk from the subway and a 30 minute ride got us to Manhattan. A short subway ride the other direction took us to the Long Island Rail Road station and on to Beth Page for the tournament. The location was very convenient. Besides a good location, the price was right. We paid $117 per night including taxes, which is great for the NYC area. The hotel was clean. I saw nothing during the stay that wasn't clean and neat, both in the room and in the public areas. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast room had an attendant who kept things clean and tidy. Another advantage for us was the free parking lot on site. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel has recently been remodeled and that should be taken into account when looking at older reviews of this property. It was almost like staying in a new facility. We would freely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Jamaica Inn? Share your experiences!