“Marriott Quality at Holiday Inn Prices - without the nickle & dime-ing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express At JFK

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
Estes Park, Colorado
“Marriott Quality at Holiday Inn Prices - without the nickle & dime-ing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

WOW - what a GREAT hotel! I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this one has Marriott-quality staff and furnishings for a lot less money. The staff are really warm, look you in the eye, and obviously have been well trained. The hotel room looked just like a Marriott or Hilton - very nice furnishings, bedding, etc. Plus, you get all the extras you need without the awful nickle & dime-ing that the business chains do. For example, I forgot my razor & shaving cream. They gladly gave me free ones - something that Marriott & Hilton do NOT do. Wired internet was free - something that Marriott & Hilton charge $10-20/day for. (And they provide the lan cable!)

I have only 2 small complaints about the hotel. First, I was woken up with a rap on the door at 11:15 am asking if I was checking out. Since I am a priority club member, I had requested and was given permission to check out at 2 pm at no extra charge. I had to shout from my bed that I had late check out to get the person to stop rapping. Not so great. The other small complaint was that the quality of the toiletries was not great. The tissues and toilet paper were cheap/rough, and since I was in the middle of an allergy attack, my nose got really raw from the rough tissues. The shampoo looks really nice but is pretty cheap when you use it.

Those are only minor issues and absolutely would not prevent me from staying here again. I have no question that I definitely will stay here again the next time I need a hotel near JFK. As another positive, I didn't even get breakfast - and I heard other guests saying it was great. So I look forward to trying it for my next stay.

• Liked — great staff and room
  • Disliked — not much - great hotel!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, March 28, 2009
Sincere thanks... we truly appreciate you taking the time to mention your positive stay. We try to remain competitive with our rates in the JFK market area. We are happy to see that you have found great value and balance for the service received and price you paid. We look foward to hosting you during your next visit... it is our pleasure. Again, thank you.
-Ronald Britt, Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

A friend & I were on a multi-city trip and stayed in a total of 4 different hotels. The other 3 were very pricey ranging from $600-$1000 per night. This was the cheapest hotel we stayed in for 1 night awaiting an early morning flight, only around $130, and I have to say I think it was my favorite. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The room was clean & comfortable with a great bathroom. The shuttle departs on time every hour and the free breakfast was a nice treat with several different hot dishes. If you need somewhere to stay near JFK I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

We had an early flight after 5 days in New York. We took a taxi from our hotel to Port Authority ( About $10 ) and then the airport transfer bus ($15/person). to jfk airport. From there take the air train to Federal Circle (free) and the hotel shuttle will pick you up to the hotel. Wilth luggage, this was the cheapest way of going to jfk. The hotel is everything you expect. Clean, comfortable, helpful staff. You can get a menu and order food from your bedrom. They offer complimentary breakfast from 6am but we had to leave before that for our flght. The shuttle bus runs 24 hours every hour and they help with loading and unloading your luggage. The drop off is at the terminal so you dont need to take the airtrain again. Clean sheets, comfy bed, clean bathroom. Belive it or not, there is nothing negative to say. It really is a good idea to sleep there if you have an early flight. Saves you a lot of trouble.
PS also check JFK INN hotel. they have good rates and is right next to this hotel but I cannot comment as I did not stay there.

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cracow, PL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

The hotel is ok, very nice staff, big shuttle from/to JFK, even at late night or early morning, good breakfast, comfortable rooms - that's all You may need before Your next journey.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

This is a modern and comfortable hotel at at JFK airport. Staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Bed linen very clean with no old bedspreads, big beds and choice of pillows .. soft or firm! Although no restaurants near by take away menus were provided and we tried a couple of these and the food was very good. Breakfast was good and fresh. Would recommend becoming a Priority Club member as the little extras, e.g. late checkout were very welcomed. There is access down town by subway although it does take a while. Would recommend this hotel if you need to stay at JFK airport.

• Liked — Cleanliness, Courteous Staff and Access to JFK Airport
  • Disliked — Could not walk to any restaurants, etc
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Saratoga, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

This old hotel is run down and in desperate need of a face lift!! The carpets were worn and dirty, the walls need paint & repairs. The laundry area was a mess. And it is expensive!!! We had to pay over $200, but it was the only thing available near JFK.

• Liked — The shuttle back to the airport!
  • Disliked — The place is worn out.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stayed there in July and and I have to say they staff was Great but the management was Terrible i had my baby and my two sons with me and upon check out my 2month year old baby was crying and the GM came to the lobby and told may i stand outside because it was to early in morning for the Noise, I was extemely Shock i couldnt believe from then i would never stay at that hotel again with my children.

• Liked — The room and the flat screen T.V
  • Disliked — Management
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express At JFK? Share your experiences!