WOW - what a GREAT hotel! I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this one has Marriott-quality staff and furnishings for a lot less money. The staff are really warm, look you in the eye, and obviously have been well trained. The hotel room looked just like a Marriott or Hilton - very nice furnishings, bedding, etc. Plus, you get all the extras you need without the awful nickle & dime-ing that the business chains do. For example, I forgot my razor & shaving cream. They gladly gave me free ones - something that Marriott & Hilton do NOT do. Wired internet was free - something that Marriott & Hilton charge $10-20/day for. (And they provide the lan cable!)
I have only 2 small complaints about the hotel. First, I was woken up with a rap on the door at 11:15 am asking if I was checking out. Since I am a priority club member, I had requested and was given permission to check out at 2 pm at no extra charge. I had to shout from my bed that I had late check out to get the person to stop rapping. Not so great. The other small complaint was that the quality of the toiletries was not great. The tissues and toilet paper were cheap/rough, and since I was in the middle of an allergy attack, my nose got really raw from the rough tissues. The shampoo looks really nice but is pretty cheap when you use it.
Those are only minor issues and absolutely would not prevent me from staying here again. I have no question that I definitely will stay here again the next time I need a hotel near JFK. As another positive, I didn't even get breakfast - and I heard other guests saying it was great. So I look forward to trying it for my next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a free 24hr shuttle to and from JFK ONLY... to get to the Hotel from the JFK, take the AirTrain to Federal Circle and call the hotel... the shuttle departs every thirty minutes from the hotel back to JFK from 4:30AM to noon and than every hour on top of the hour. ’Stay Smart’ the Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport hotel located just ½ mile from JFK Airport and 40 minutes to Laguardia Airport. Take the AirTrain at JFK to the local subway into Manhattan and see historical landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, Times Square and many popular sites. Visit Belmont Stakes & the Aqueduct for Horse Racing, Mets Citi Field, Yankee Stadium to watch a baseball game, Arthur Ashe Tennis Stadium to watch the US Open Tennis Tournament, or engage in the NYC Marathon, 5 Borough Bike Tour, and many other activities. Rather relax indoors? Holiday Inn Express JFK Airport hotel offers 129 guest rooms with deluxe furniture, 32 inch flat screen televisions with 4 HBOs, 2 ESPNs, several news channels, Cartoon Network for the kids, and many other channels to watch your favorite program. Jump start your morning with our free “Express Start” hot breakfast or take our breakfast with you in our ‘To-Go’ bag. Don’t forget to take advantage of our 24 hour business center with 2 computers and a wireless printer, or log onto to our free high-speed wireless Internet network from anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express At JFK reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express At Jfk Hotel Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Express Jfk
- Holiday Inn Express Jamaica