I needed a safe pleasant place to stay for a one night layover at JFK. This worked out perfectly and for a moderate price. I knew the hotels faced the Belt Parkway and was not expecting much of a neighborhood, but was a little put off as the shuttle approached and it went by a yard with all the garbage trucks for the borough of Queens, the snow plows, a beehive shaped building filled with sand for the roads and the school bus yard. There are four moderate major chain hotels in this cluster and the Holiday Inn Express faced the parkway and the view of the garbage trucks was blocked by the other hotels.
The interior of the room was great- soundproof, good AC, a great mattress and clean all white modern bedding, HBO on a big TV. The front desk staff were super friendly and efficient, even did little things like run over to the elevator to call it if you were approaching. The shuttle bus drivers were polite and fast and explained the layout of the airport to those who were not familiar with it. It was very refreshing after some service in the airport that was sullen to the point of being bizarre.
Of note, the more expensive chains had locations on the other side of the highway that did not look any better and were much more expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a free 24hr shuttle to and from JFK ONLY... to get to the Hotel from the JFK, take the AirTrain to Federal Circle and call the hotel... the shuttle departs every thirty minutes from the hotel back to JFK from 4:30AM to noon and than every hour on top of the hour. ’Stay Smart’ the Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport hotel located just ½ mile from JFK Airport and 40 minutes to Laguardia Airport. Take the AirTrain at JFK to the local subway into Manhattan and see historical landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, Times Square and many popular sites. Visit Belmont Stakes & the Aqueduct for Horse Racing, Mets Citi Field, Yankee Stadium to watch a baseball game, Arthur Ashe Tennis Stadium to watch the US Open Tennis Tournament, or engage in the NYC Marathon, 5 Borough Bike Tour, and many other activities. Rather relax indoors? Holiday Inn Express JFK Airport hotel offers 129 guest rooms with deluxe furniture, 32 inch flat screen televisions with 4 HBOs, 2 ESPNs, several news channels, Cartoon Network for the kids, and many other channels to watch your favorite program. Jump start your morning with our free “Express Start” hot breakfast or take our breakfast with you in our ‘To-Go’ bag. Don’t forget to take advantage of our 24 hour business center with 2 computers and a wireless printer, or log onto to our free high-speed wireless Internet network from anywhere in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express At JFK reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express At Jfk Hotel Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Express Jfk
- Holiday Inn Express Jamaica