“Just after Hurricane Sandy” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
Augusta, Georgia
“Just after Hurricane Sandy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed 5 days in November right after Hurricane Sandy. Hotels closer to our destination had no availability. We found the location a little tricky to find the first time. This hotel is showing a lot of wear, but the staff was excellent, particularly Erica at the front desk and Madeline with housekeeping. In fact, the ladies on the breakfast room staff were the best I’ve ever encountered, watching over every detail and anticipating every need. Free Wi-Fi was excellent. We prefer fresher, newer facilities, but were happy with our stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Warm and friendly staff with a great breakfast. Rooms are adequate and clean. The parking is limited and tightly packed. It is near major freeways but traffic is heavy at times. Some areas were being updated but my room had not been updated in some time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed one night at the JFK Holiday Inn, mainly because I had a 7am flight and needed somewhere close to the airport. The hotel was very clean and surprisingly quiet. I actually had the best nights sleep in 3 weeks. Good amenities too. Even though there was no restaurant in the hotel they gave me a selection of local restaurants that deliver food. Their free shuttle bus dropped me right at the airport (it departs every hour, 24hrs a day), which took the stress out of catching a taxi. Although I was too early for breakfast they gave me a take away breakfast bag - something I've never seen in Australia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel overnight on 10/19/12 so I could catch an early flight out of JFK. After seeing some of the other reviews I was apprehensive about using this hotel. But, because of the close location to the airport and it was only for one night I decided to take a chance. The room and bathroom were clean, the bed was comfortable and it was quiet. I saw a review where the guys at the desk were unprofessional. If you mean that they weren't stuffy and stern then you're right. They joked around with me but at no time did I think they were not unprofessional. When I requested some extra towels they were there immediately. I had a problem with my card and they fixed it right away. I also had a problem when I reserved the room. It was entirely my fault and it was stupid; however, the Manager took care of it for me without giving me any hassle. He even went over and above what he actually had to which I appreciated tremendously. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Some reviews mentioned that their room was noisy. I would recommend asking for a room at the back of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Take any preconceived notions of what a Holiday Inn should be and imagine the opposite. I checked in, between flights with advance reservation, only because it was one of a few hotels close to JFK. The guys at the counter were so unprofessional I thought they were guests goofing on new arrivals. I was given a basement room, yes a room in the basement of the hotel. And it was dark, dank and smelled just like a basement. The room was tiny with an uncomfortable bed in one corner. The single small window at the top of the wall was almost filled with a noisy air conditioner. You have to stand on the bed to see and operate the controls. The breakfast room had all the charm and warmth of a prison cafeteria. All this for a ridiculously high price. Next time I will either go into Manhattan or sleep on a bench at the airport. It is astounding that Holiday Inn has their name on this dump.

Room Tip: Higher floor may not have the musty smell
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hotel r, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I thank you for writing this review and apologize for our team. Please call 718/977/3100 ext 455 or ext 471. We want to resolve your terrible experience.
Once again I am sorry.
Ufa, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The Hotel is located nearby JFK airport and provides with free shuttle from AirTrain station and back to airport terminals. Breakfast was good, service polite. Room was on the first floor - half under ground with very noisy highway in front. If you want to sleep well, choose DaysInn - it is not "highway front" hotel or ask reception to put you on a quiet side of HolidayInn.
The mall Green Acres in the neighborhood is horrible. Low cost and dirty. Don't waste your time and money traveling there.
So far this hotel is eligible only for overnight stay between flights and only in a quiet room.

• Stayed October 2012
Port Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at JFK for 1 night during a layover before flying to South Africa. It was very convenient, comfortable and quiet. The information on the website was very helpful so that we were able to figure out how to get to the hotel once we arrived at JFK and also it was helpful to know that the shuttle back to JFK leaves the hotel every hour on the hour. We arrived in the late afternoon and after checking into the hotel we took the free shuttle to the casino. We had a very reasonably priced dinner there. Though the rooms are somewhat small, it didn't matter to us as we didn't spend much time in our room. I would stay again if I had a layover while flying out of JFK.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express At JFK? Share your experiences!