“Nice.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
New York, New York, United States
“Nice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I’ve booked this hotel so many times so I know how it used to be and compared to now. It has in fact gotten better with time. The service is so fantastic that I pretty much feel like moving in! I love New York and always will as I am a Queens native and this part of town makes me feel like I’m not even renting out a hotel room at times. In a very nice neighborhood and with such a calm vibe, this is the reason why I come here so often between flights across the East Coast. I enjoy the low-key energy and comfort. All in all, it’s a safe, fun and friendly place to be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DHARMENDRAPATEL, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your time to write about our service. We are glad that you liked us and we would definitely like to see you in future at our establishment. Your's at Hospitality...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We thought it would be easy to book a room naar jfk, because of our arrival at jfk in the evening. When we got our luggage I called the hotel for the free transfer as we were told. The lady I was speaking to was very unfriendly, not helpful, just abrupt/ blunt. We had to go to federal circle with the airtrain and she did not wanted to explain anything. Just kept telling 'take the train to federal circle and call again'. So I asked at the airport were we had to go. When we were at federal circle I called again and we waited for 30 min. It was cold that evening. I called again and she said we missed the last transfer... While we were waiting half an hour there, strange! We were discussing what to do and after another 15min there was another transfer. But the driver had to wait for other guests for another 20 min. While we were told that there were not going to be more cabs/ transfers... So finally we went to the hotel and at the reception was someone else and hè was friendly! Just the way you wanted it to be when you're arriving in a new city after a long trip from another continent late in the evening.
The room was ok. Although you could still smell the cigarettes from previous guests. The breakfast was actually nice!
This isn't a nice option naar jfk if you have to wait that long at a cold evening and with this kind of treatment!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DHARMENDRAPATEL, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
First i would like to say thanks for staying with us. i really do apologies for the inconvenience and the unfriendly customer service that you received and just wanted to let you know that employee is no longer an employee here at our hotel. Your probably smelled that way because it was a smoking room next time when that happen please just give the front desk a call by dialing 0 and we'll give you a different room on a different floor.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

With the 2 night stay in October 2012 , room 114 was infested with bed bugs . Horrible experience got few bites on my 1st night stay . My long weekend ended up at the hospital clinic with itch , just to b told I got bitten by bed bugs from my stay , just to top off the room noisy location , the room in located in the basement close to the horrible breakfast area , elevator and venting machine . Thank god I was only there for 2 nights could manage more then that . They say u get what u pay for , well it wasn't worth a dime and I payed much more . I have placed a complain to Howard Johnson .

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport

Address: 153-95 Rockaway Boulevard, Jamaica, NY 11434
Location: United States > New York > Jamaica
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport 2*
Welcome to Newly Renovated Howard Johnson Inn at JFK Airport, NY. A modern two story interior corridor hotel with an elevator awaits your arrival. Located in the fastest growing area of New York City, this hotel puts you right in the middle of all that New York City has to offer. Within a few minutes of the Hotel you will find JFK Intl Airport, LaGuardia Airport, Jones Beach State Park, Rockaway Beach, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Arthur Ash Stadium-US Open, Shea Stadium, Belmont Race Track, Jacob Javits Center, Green Acres Mall, Roosevelt Field Mall and New York Aquarium. Resort World New York Casino is 2 miles away. Start your stay off right with coffee, tea, hot chocolate upon check-in. During your stay, enjoy our fitness center and countless other amenities such as free high speed internet access. Before departing in the morning, make sure to visit our warm and inviting breakfast area where we offer complimentary USA Today newspaper and serve Continental Breakfast. Enjoy our fresh baked hot waffles which compliment our expanded continental breakfast offerings of fresh fruits, cereals, juices and a coffee bar. All the while, feel safe and secure with our nightly hotel-only dedicated private security that is here for your peace of mind. All of our finely appointed rooms were recently renovated and include premium one cup coffee makers, iron/board, hair dryers, premium massaging shower heads, safes, AM/FM radio alarm clock, Electronic locks, satellite television, activity table and chair, New Beds and granite bathrooms. Yes, we are pet friendly with a fee of 50.00 per night per pet. Our hotel takes pride in the Earth Green practices. We utilize 100 percent fluorescent lighting throughout the hotel. We urge you to please turn off the lights if you are not utilizing the room and conserve water. Limited Parking Available. Sorry No Park and Fly available. Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Airport guests take the Air Train on second floor to Federal Circle. Once at Federal Circle give the hotel call to pick up from 5AM to 11PM EST. Authorization forms must be obtained from the front desk if using company's CC or the credit card in different name than the guest name prior to arrival. In 2011 all our rooms were updated with new paint, beds, comforters, pillows and granite bathrooms. All smoking rooms are constrained to one floor and wing. 57 rooms were designated exclusively non-smoking and pet free after the renovation was complete. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jfk Airport Hotels Howard Johnson Inn, Jamaica, Nyc Hotel Jamaica
Jamaica Howard Johnson
Howard Johnson Jamaica

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.