“JFK Hampton Inn stay was Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
“JFK Hampton Inn stay was Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I would stay at this hotel again, staff are friendly,shuttle driver helpful, friendly, and attentive, room was clean,comfy beds,roomy bathroom, breakfast was tasty. I never got to venture out on foot, but was in a residential area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Carrboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am an airline employee and I have stayed here a number of times previously, both on the company's and my own dime. For the price, the hotel far exceeds the competition in the area, especially in the area of noise, when considering its proximity to the Belt Pkwy and JFK.

The hotel is clean, transportation is good (not great); and the breakfast bar is well stocked and staffed by very friendly staff.

In fact, on my most recent visit, the lid to my own coffee mug came loose and I spilled hot coffee on my hand. I nearly cried like a girl, but the ladies in the kitchen iced me up and and retrieved Aloe Vera and my burn was pain-free in under an hour. So nice to find staff that make you feel at home, especially in New York!

Room Tip: No good or bad side given the exceptional insulation to outside noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have stayed at the JFK Hampton Inn for 2 nights during two separate business trips to NYC where I was working near the hotel during overnight shifts. Although the parking lot is limited, I had no trouble finding parking during both stays, even when arriving during off hours. There was no airport or road noise which was very nice. As for the hotel, I stay at Hampton Inns often and it is one of the nicer Hampton Inn hotels. The staff is exceptional, very attentive and very helpful. During both stays, I needed to sleep during the day so housekeeping couldn't service my room. I was pleasantly surprised to find a basket with extra towels and toiletries waiting at my door. This is something that I would expect from a high end hotel---a very impressive customer service touch! As far as food options go, the other reviewers are correct---there are no nearby restaurants---there are just airport hotels in a residential neighborhood right off the Belt Parkay. However, I have to say the take out menus are top notch! I am usually leery about whether the staff "vets" the restaurants they recommend. I was so impressed to see that two of the pizza/italian food restaurants that deliver to this hotel were in my childhood neighborhood in Queens (Sophia's Pizza and Tommy's Pizza) ---no doubt someone did their homework! There are many choices for Pizza in NY and they made sure they offered the best! Upon seeing the high quality pizza delivery companies (which I had just visited since I was in the area), I decided tried the Chinese food and was very happy with my meal.

Room Tip: The windows are sound proof, so from a noise level, there aren't any bad rooms where outside noi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Convenient location, great shuttle service. The best thing about this hotel is that you can pay a no-frills price and still take advantage of the great bar and restaurant next door at the Hilton (connected by an indoor walkway).

The free breakfast is better than some, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Definitely would use this hotel again if I needed to stay at JFK.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
St. Martin (FWI), France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have used this Hampton Inn a couple of times for lay over at JFK Airport. Location is good, and what you need is there, shuttle, complimentary breakfast and internet. On the negative side is that the beds are too hard and breakfast somewhat poor. Mediocre omelet as only hot breakfast and no sandwich, cheese or ham.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed here for one night on the way through to Miami. After spending 2 days flying from Perth this place was heaven. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean, tidy and beds very comfortable. They have free rollaway beds which is a pleasant change from having to pay for it. The breakfast was nice and kept our family of 5 happy before our flight. To get from the airport to the hotel catch the line 1 Airtrain to Federal Circle station, we were lucky that the free shuttle was waiting there when we arrived. Only downside was that there weren't many restaurants close by. Overall I would recommend and if we ever needed an overnight hotel close to JFK we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Indian Trail, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed here for one night because our flight at LGA was cancelled and needed to fly out of JFK first thing the next morning. Front desk was helpful and checked us in quickly. We were very tired at this point. They have a free shuttle to JFK which is good. It took us to JFK very early in the morning. The room itself was ok. Bed was comfortable. Nothing out of the ordinary, but clean. It was a little over $200 to stay here for one night. I guess that is cheap compared to other hotels in the NYC area. If you need to be close to JFK Airport for travel, this would be a good place to stay. They have breakfast as well. Most importantly, it was safe. No issues or problems to speak of.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn NY - JFK? Share your experiences!