“Good value for money.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
Vienna
“Good value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Clean comfortable rooms with nice fresh smell. Lots of space in the room for all your bags and suitcases. Fast free internet. Helpful and polite staff. Nice breakfast in the morning. Shuttle runs like a Swiss clock.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Chungashvilli,
Thank you got a perfect 5 star review. This is what we aim for all our guests to walk away with. And we are working together to make this happen. We are thrilled that we have achieved our goal and we will do so in the future. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again next time you are in the city.

suela.kacani@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Fantastic staff, very informative and willing to help. Breakfast good just like all Hamptons. Room clean, a little wear and tear on building but clean. Important is the staff was WOW thanks. They had a taxi waiting for me at any time, let me know how to get to the city various options, spoke of things to do once there. Very patient with all my questions. Beside they comfy beds and clean linens what keeps me going back to Hampton Inn is the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Kimberly R,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our hotel here on TripAdvisor. We agree with you "Customer Service is What counts" as we try hard every day in making sure guests walk away with wonderful experiences like yourself. Our staff will be here ready to welcome you on your next visit.

Many thanks,
North, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great staff, very friendly, helpful and caring. Ivy and Kristle made my day very very pleasant . They helped and cared for me and my son's comfort with a genuine caring service. Ashley and Kevin from the night shift made my night very comfortable;thought there wasn't any non smoking rooms available, they offered to accommodate the best they could by offering to put something to clean up the air in the room. I don't have words to express my gratitude. They all care for your comfort and are willing to help you in any possible way and that's why I call a 5 star personnel. Regarding the hotel, it's very convenient located to JFK., which was a plus for my trip purpose. The room was cleaned and breakfast was good too. Coffee, chocolate and tea are available 24/7. They don't offer lunch but the staff at the front desk give you options. The bathroom was cleaned and they can provide you with a travel kit if you forgot something, like they stated on their post, they have you covered. Well, Thank you for everything. A2 star hotel with a truly 5 star personnel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear mariabreyes,
Thank you for a wonderful review. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn JFK while visiting the area. We are delighted to see that our staff members went above and beyond to accommodate you and they will be glad to read your wonderful feedback. The team at the Hampton Inn JFK thanks you for staying with us and for sharing this wonderful review with our future guests.

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It was my first stay at the Hampton Inn and probably unless really have to will i go back on check in after notifying the hotel that my flight will be arriving from Africa early in the morning when i got to check in the staff members were rude and i was told at that part of the morning 9am was to early for a check in the staff member was rude to the point of telling me that baggage storage is a problem and i do so at my own risk. The room was clean and had signs that clean sheets were put in for new guests realy???should this not be the norm for all hotels to change linen when a guests check out. The taxi services are expensive so catch a yellow cab or verify the amount befor final destination. Dont expect a smiling face on welcome and as for breakfast dont expect much maybe a few lessons can be learnt from hotels in India and Africa.What is it with disposable plates and cups is this not an environmental hazard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Rehina R,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review us. It is not the norm at the Hampton Inn JFK to hear about our staff's behavior, we have take note and looking into this for you. Please allow me to apologize and we hope to welcome you again at our property for a chance to make it right, the Hampton Inn way!

suela.kacani@Hilton.com
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My actual stay at the Hampton Inn JFK was not that bad (hence 2 stars instead of 1), the rate was good, it is convenient to JFK, rooms were quiet, and parking was free. The last bit may not be a positive as I somehow did not feel safe with an open access parking lot that was out of view of the front desk.

Now on to the reason behind my rating, which was the Hotel's (very) unprofessional response to an item of sentimental value that I unfortunately left behind during my 6 hours there.
After managing to have the item located, I was surprised when I was asked to send an "image" or scanned copy of my credit card which they would use to Fedex the item to me. Surely this violates even the most basic credit card safety "do's and dont's"?
The easiest thing would have been to have me fill out an authorization form and use the card I had used to pay for my stay.

Then came the bigger mess-up; I rescheduled my departure from the US to go via JFK instead of O'Hare solely because that would allow me the chance to pick up my item from the Hotel. I called them a day in advance and mentioned I would pass by to pick it up, and that as time would be at a premium, if they could have my item handy with a note that I would pick it up.

When I arrived at the hotel, they looked around and could not find my item, then they said they were trying to locate my item which may be in some downstairs area where the front desk did not have access. Then I was told that the item was lying next to the front desk all these days but somehow someone had taken it away a day back even though I called and requested that it be kept there.

I was offered to be sent the item by post, but, shockingly again I was asked to write down my credit card number on a piece of paper.
I am not sure why they could not swipe my card for an estimated shipping amount. After 20 minutes of waiting, i left as my flight time was close, and somehow managed to catch it after running at the airport.

So this is what I did; rescheduled my flights, rented a car, ran all the way back to the airport, and went through a lot of stress.
What did the Hotel do? They could not manage to do the only thing they had to do; which was to keep an item near the front desk.

And I would have expected that after this mixup they would have volunteered to send it to me, which they did not and made me even more disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Rover82,
Thank you for sharing your feedback as it helps us understand what we did wrong. I did look into this in detail and i would like to personally apologize for such an inconvenience!
If there is anything at all that i can assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

suela.kacani@Hilton.com
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Ideal for what I needed it for. I had a morning flight from JFK and this is a few minutes from the terminal. The staff were friendly, the shuttle service is efficient and the room was spacious and clean. The breakfast is pretty bad but for less than $100 a night I think overall this place is good value and I’d use it again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Wilko82,
Thank you for staying with us. I do apologize that the breakfast wasnt to your expectations. We are looking into this and see what happened. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Farnborough, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed one night for an early morning flight out of JFK. All round good experience.

Good:
- friendly staff
- convenient location
- rooms was spacious and comfortable
- free shuttle to airport
- free breakfast, I left to early to taste food
- battery dead in TV remote, reported to front desk, fixed by room service in 10 minutes
- good price for New York Hotel

Bad
- can't think of anything !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear stmalcolm,
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are happy to see that you found everything to be to your liking and all the staff to be attentive and accommodating to your needs. Thats what we always like to hear.
We will be thrilled to have you again at our hotel.

Many thanks,
suela.kacani@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn NY - JFK? Share your experiences!