Considering how little there is to choose from near JFK in the way of great hotels, this Courtyard is a find - and definitely operates a bit like a full service Marriott. Good beds, great linens, nice and clean, good selection of bath products (including toothpaste), small fridge in room, surprisingly attentive and smart staff, efficient shuttle to and from the airport - including call for pick-up, nice carpeting in the hallways, nice elevators, comfortable lobby bar and space to work or have a meeting, decent food, very close to the airport and highway, next to a quiet residential area. Though we did see out our window a few planes coming into to Kennedy, we never heard them.
My stay was not without a few glitches including a malfunctioning heating system which left our room frigid at times. They checked it once - the heat did work for a few hours - but when it stopped working again the next day the manager personally brought up a stand-alone room heater - and a glass of wine - and he adjusted our bill, which I did not request, but was certainly welcome. He had also offered initially to move me to another room, but when I said I was too exhausted to pack up etc, he came through with the heater. The manager, whose name is Tayfun and another staffer, Orlando, were both particularly helpful, but everyone we encountered from lobby staff to maintenance workers, housekeepers, bartender, limo driver et al, were all personable and on the ball. Despite poor water pressure in the shower, a creaky bathroom door that kept swinging closed and desk chair too big for the desk, we would definitely return.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Jfk International Airport Hotel Jamaica
- Courtyard By Marriott Jfk International Airport Hotel
- Courtyard Hotel Jamaica
- Marriott Jamaica
- Courtyard Jamaica
- Jamaica Courtyard
- Jamaica Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott JFK Airport is located adjacent to JFK International Airport in southeast Queens NYC, convenient to Queens, Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn & Nassau County businesses and attractions. Our 24 hour shuttle makes us perfect for stays the night prior to flying out of JFK or upon arrival to NYC. Take advantage of the JFK AirTrain/LIRR link for quick, convenient, affordable commutes to midtown Manhattan or points east in under 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott JFK International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.