Got off 8 hr transatlantic flight, called hotel from courtesy phone as soon as I got out of customs and was told to take AirTrain to federal circle stop.and call again from there. Did that. Was first put on hold then told that shuttle would be there in 10 minutes. Was asked if I had cellphone so driver could call me. As I didn't, I went out in the cold after about 8 minutes with 5 yr old. Kid crying due to cold and wind, shuttle after shuttle for every hotel other than the CY by M appeared (some even 3 times!) while our shuttle was nowhere in sight. Shuttle finally turned up 25 minutes after my call, zero apology from driver. Did not even bother to help me with my suitcases at first! Got to reception, complained about long wait in the cold (very nicely) and was told that traffic is outside of their control. I agreed but mentioned that in this case they should not tell me that it would take 10 minutes - simply managing expectations could have saved me from this unpleasant experience. Anyway, receptionist was not really apologizing but rather smiling in perfunctory manner.
Was helped by friendly staff with my suitcases. Got to room - noticed that toilet didn't flush. Called reception, explaining what I had gone through earlier, waiting for shuttle, that there was no bottled water in the room, that mini bar was empty and that toilet wouldn't flush. Received apology about toilet problem and was offered choice of another room (same std) or getting engineer to fix it. Opted for latter and asked if I could get some water. Was offered two 25cl bottles comped (after i insisted) but had to pay for a liter bottle $5! Not even mineral water - Highway robbery!
Anyway, hotel was okay-ish. Staff could have easily handled my concerns (by being a bit more apologetic, perhaps upgrading or offering a voucher). Won't be returning and glad I didn't pay full rate! Maybe that is how it works in a captive 'airport' market.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Jfk International Airport Hotel Jamaica
- Courtyard By Marriott Jfk International Airport Hotel
- Courtyard Hotel Jamaica
- Marriott Jamaica
- Courtyard Jamaica
- Jamaica Courtyard
- Jamaica Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott JFK Airport is located adjacent to JFK International Airport in southeast Queens NYC, convenient to Queens, Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn & Nassau County businesses and attractions. Our 24 hour shuttle makes us perfect for stays the night prior to flying out of JFK or upon arrival to NYC. Take advantage of the JFK AirTrain/LIRR link for quick, convenient, affordable commutes to midtown Manhattan or points east in under 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Otel, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott JFK International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.