Airport hotels are often in the middle of nowhere and lack character. The Courtyard is 10 minutes by the excellent shuttle to JFK, but best entered late at night as there is nothing to see or do in the near area unless you have transport.
The hotel rooms are dated but reasonably sized. There is a bar / restaurant which has a limited menu. My wife's salmon had to be sent back as it was still cold in the middle, so I suspect that the microwave is the order of the day.
Staff are very good and friendly, and as the rest of the JFK hotels seem to be of similar quality, it is as good a place to rest as any.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Jfk International Airport Hotel Jamaica
- Courtyard By Marriott Jfk International Airport Hotel
- Courtyard Hotel Jamaica
- Marriott Jamaica
- Courtyard Jamaica
- Jamaica Courtyard
- Jamaica Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott JFK Airport is located adjacent to JFK International Airport in southeast Queens NYC, convenient to Queens, Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn & Nassau County businesses and attractions. Our 24 hour shuttle makes us perfect for stays the night prior to flying out of JFK or upon arrival to NYC. Take advantage of the JFK AirTrain/LIRR link for quick, convenient, affordable commutes to midtown Manhattan or points east in under 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott JFK International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.