“VERY NICE HOTEL FOR BUSINESS” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 26 hotels in Jamaica
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“VERY NICE HOTEL FOR BUSINESS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

The staff was amazing and the so was the Hotel. Although the area is not the greatest, if your traveling for business and have to stay in the area this is the best choice. The rooms were updated, the lobby was very nice as well. The food was also very good. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which is a great perk. I have nothing bad to say about this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott JFK International Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
I am very glad to see that "jspair" found our hotel and staff "AMAZING". I am fortunate to work alongside so may talented hospitality professionals!

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

As sad as we were to have to leave our NYC vacation, the Marriott JFK made the transition home that much easier.

We had a 6am flight from JFK, so left our Manhattan hotel to stay a little closer to the airport the night before. This proved to be a GREAT idea.

We were warmly checked in at the reception desk and she did a great job of orienting us to the hotel and their services and answering any questions we had. The room was clean (it looks like they recently got new carpet) and the bed was very comfortable. We had a quiet night sleep which I appreciated since we were up at 3:30am.

There are no restaurants very close to the hotel, but luckily the hotel does have an onsite bistro type restaurant and we were able to get a decent dinner after checking in. They also have some grab and go food and a Starbucks coffee area. The rooms have coffee and a mini-fridge, but you can also get complimentary coffee in the lobby.

The best part of this hotel is their free shuttle to the airport which was VERY convenient.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
I'm glad to see that "Suz259" found her decision to stay at our hotel the night prior to flying out of JFK proved to be a "great idea". I know you will find the same for all the same reasons "Suz259" details above. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel when in the NYC/JFK vicinity!
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

An unplanned stay due to a flight miss , we just landed the last room for the night . Happy to get any bed after a long day of travelling . The following day as we went to use the shuttle to the airport , the hotel organised a taxi for us as one of the buses had a mechanical fault and the other was needed for flight crews . All done with a smile. Later that afternoon , I realised I had left an Ipod back in the hotel bedroom and after a couple of calls , Alex in security managed to track it down . 10 minutes later , I had it in hand at JFK as one of the team in the Marriott drove off specially to deliver the Ipod . Great honesty and excellent service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott JFK International Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you to FearGlic for sharing their experiences with our hotel. I read their comments regarding our Customer Service with pride! I consider myself fortunate to work alongside professionals such as Alex and the rest of our team, and have shared your comments with them. We look forward to greeting all readers to our hotel in the future, and sharing our team's best NYC Smiles with you as well!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed here for one night whilst traveling between Sydney, Australia and Nantucket, MA. The day before I left, I received an email outlining how to find the hotel and also how to contact and find the shuttle bus service at JFK.

As invited, I rang the hotel from the courtesy phone at JFK and, 10 minutes later, the shuttle bus arrived. At the hotel, the staff were very friendly and gave me a lovely, clean and very quiet room as requested. Whilst it wasn't close to the city, the bistro offered good food at reasonable prices. The staff were genuinely warm and friendly and it was a pleasure staying there.

This hotel is perfect for those travelers who need a nice room near the airport and I would highly recommend them.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank you AnitalLP for sharing your thoughts regarding our hotel with us. I was pleased to see that you found our hotel to be "perfect" for you, and we look forward to greeting all our future guests with our goal of providing "perfection" as well. I have shared your comments with all the departments mentioned so they can be as proud to hear them as I was to read them. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott NYC/JFK for your stay!
Secunda, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Reception not very friendfull. According to the webside they have a airport shuttle. But the shuttle only takes you to the air train station. So ad your air train money and some more time. Shuttle driver not friendly or helpfull.
We did go to Manhattan for the evening. Reception said when we return they will pick us up at Jamaica station we must just give them a ring. When we phone, they had a diffrent story. So we took an expensive taxi..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you to JJKabousie for sharing your experiences during your stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you rated most aspects of your stay very high, and I love the title "Beautiful hotel" of your review! I have shared your comments regarding transportation to and from our hotel with our Front Office Manager, so he can use them as training tools with our staff. Our hotel does provide complimentary shuttle service to and from JFK International Airport 24 hours a day. We try to accomodate specific requests for direct terminal drop off as much as possible. For pick up, we find the airport-designated hotel pick up spot at "Station C" (also known as "Federal Circle") of the JFK AirTrain to be the best and quickest alternative for most travellers. The JFK AirTrain is complimentary to this station from any terminal within the airport; as well as for all travel within the airport iteself. For travel to midtown Manhattan, we like to provide several alternatives for a guest to choose from ranging from dispatched car services and taxi stands, to the JFK AirTrain and Long Island Commuter Railroad link through Jamaica described. There is a charge for use of the AirTrain in this case ($5 at the endpoint entrance/exit to the system) and when combined with the LIRR fare is an economical and comfortable alternative (approximately $12 and 40 minutes each way) to travel to or from midtown Manhattan and our hotel. For travelers interested in using this alternative to conduct business or visit the attractions of Manhattan while staying in our hotel, please visit http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-airtrain.html for additional information, schedules and upates. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott at JFK!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Hotel sits in a residential area. You can park on the street, where available, but I was informed it was not secure. The valet parking ($20/nite) puts your vehicle behind the hotel in a fenced/secure area. You can get your car or access to your car at a moments notice - the young guys working there are fantastic. Check in will introduce you to friendly/professional employees. I met the front desk manager (lost his card) who spoke to me like he knew me. The looby has everything you need, with free coffee/tea/chocolate - and a 24 hr store w/ snacks/sodas/beer. I would suggest ordering 'take-out' -the front desk will give you a bunch of take-out menus. They do have food, but expensive and not much variety. The rooms are clean and quiet. Refridge in room. Free , quick internet access. Free shuttle every 1/2 hour to JFK airport, 24/7. This is the place to stay if you need access to JFK!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you guardrail for sharing your experiences with us regarding your hotel stay. I was pleased to see you found us to be in a great location! I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager Tayfun and all our staff so they can be as proud to read them as I was. We look forward to welcoming you and all our future guests to our hotel when traveling to the NYC/JFK vicinity!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Yes, it's expensive for an overnight stay near the airport, but all the hotels near the airport are pricey... This hotel is very near the airport (tho in a residential area) has a shuttle to the airport, looks and feels new, is quiet, has food (quite good) available in the very pretty lobby restaurant. Staff completely exceeded my expectations in terms of hospitality. I had just driven with my 3 boys for 8 hours, had to catch an international flight the next day. We were greeted by Tayfun, the front office mgr, who offered to unload the bags for me and even offered to park my car curbside for me while I checked us in. Our bags were brought up to our room for us. When we returned our car rental, we phoned the hotel and the shuttle made a special trip just to get us. Room was small but very comfortable and quiet. Thanks for all the help during our huge trip!

Room Tip: Make request online and they will do their best