“Worst Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151-20 Baisley Boulevard, Jamaica, NY 11434   |
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
“Worst Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving to the hotel myself and friend had quite a lot of heavy luggage, a staff of 5 watched us struggle to unload (we are both very tiny) all of our bags onto a trolley and push it with one commenting from her chair "that tire is flat". We then had to load the luggage into the elevators at separate times due to its weight. Still with no help. We were told upon booking we could also return our rental car to the airport and be picked up from the rental cars location point by the hotel service.. When we called, as advised, to be picked up we were told to get a taxi service to a complete opposite area of JFK before we could be picked up. We ended up paying for the taxi back to the hotel as it would have been the same amount of time. Very disappointing customer service, the ladies at front desk were genuinely unfriendly and unhelpful. On a plus side, the rooms were clean, however we were giving an adjoining room to a stranger, where we were able to hear anything and everything from their room.

• Stayed September 2013
GardenInnManagement, Operations Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay during recent trip to the New York City/JFK Airport Area.

At the Garden Inn & Suites we certainly do strive on providing every guest with 100% Satisfaction. Without a doubt this was a terribly disappointing experience for you and an embarrassing one for us. I do apologize for the inconveniences encountered and would like to one day do so in person.

Please feel free to contact me at MGuillen@gardeninnjfk.com so we may discuss your review in more detail.

On behalf of the Management Team, our apologies and we hope to host your stay in the near future.

Michael Guillen | Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was ok but size and cleanliness of BF room bad; reception staff friendly depending on who you get; taking the airtrain from any terminal at JFK will get you to the Federal Circle, and from there you can take the hotel shuttle for free every half an hour, approximately - allow extra time, for there could be delays both with the shuttle and specially the check out process. Shuttle is a van and most of the time travels full, but the hotel is not far. They store your luggage for the day at no cost.

• Stayed August 2013
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am glad your stay with us at the Garden Inn & Suites was enjoyable however, I would like to apologize for the appearance/cleanliness of the breakfast room. I ensure you that this matter has been addressed and should not repeat itself. We take guest reviews very seriously because they let us know what we are doing right and in what areas we need improvement.

You have pointed out that the staff was friendly but depending on who our guests get. I would definitely like to hear from you via email for more details so that I can ensure that all of our front office staff are trained properly on how to provide outstanding guest service. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests leave with a smile.

You may contact me at MGuillen@gardeninnjfk.com.

Thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you as well as seeing you during your next visit to New York City.

naestved
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Arrives with 3 suitcases and bellboy seem to look straight trough me while i fight my way in. receptionists (3 ppl) were talking with a friend at frontdesk eventhough ppl were waiting in line. First Thing that hits me in the Room is the smell.. Smells Like catpee.the aircondition is on and extremely loud. Have to turn it off because of the Sound! Notice my bedspreads are upside Down (sloppy), i try to turn the bedlamps on - no lightbulp in any of them, call the frontdesk. I wait 1 hour and call again after waiting another 40 min, they put me on hold 3 times until im connected to a 4. person that promise to send someone up right away (after waiting on the Phone for 10 min) I wait another 20 minbefore someone shows up. TVconnection is bad, falls out constantly, internet/wifi is more or less unexcisting, no cellphone signal inside (with tmobile anyways), no icemashine on the floor (u have to another floor for that), very noisy from Street/trafic and other guests, and in generel the Room is very unfinished (things are missing, here and there..

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay during recent trip to the JFK Airport Area.

I am also extending a complimentary revisit to our hotel for one night. I definitely hope you would take us up on this offer so we might extend the genuine hospitality that truly is the norm at the Garden Inn & Suites. Please feel free to contact me at MGuillen@gardeninnjfk.com so we may discuss further.

Chaguanas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fine also the breakfast but the receptionist needs to be more efficient dealing with check in/out customers. The air conditioning makes loud noises turning on and off and even during operation especially in the night.
Nearby is a park for walking and sport. Also there is a burger King nearby.

• Stayed August 2013
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us and want to thank you for sharing it with the Trip Advisor Community.

In an increasingly competitive industry, we do realize that there are many choices and we thank you for choosing the Garden Inn & Suites JFK Airport. Thus we continuously strive to deliver exceptional service while maintaining a great product. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please contact me directly at MGuillen@Gardeninnjfk.com the next time your travel needs brings you back to the JFK Airport/New York City Area. This will enable me to personally ensure your next stay with us is nothing short of spectacular.

Thank you for you staying with us and we certainly do look forward to your next visit!

Coppell, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My 3 children and I stayed here for a week while on vacation this month. The front desk staff was very courteous but the housekeeping left a bit to be desired. At check-in I always walk the room and the bath tub was dirty and there where stains on the sheet in one of the beds. Our room was not cleaned regularly as requested even after leaving the door hanger on the green side for it to be cleaned. After complaining the management was quick to investigate and make the necessary corrections to the room and adjust the bill but unfortunately that only puts a band-aid on the wound. Strongly suggest they get a new housekeeping staff very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the accommodations and service provided to you during your most recent stay. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our

Everett, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Asked for a "reasonably priced" hotel nearby for my overnight layover. What a disappointment! Hotel lobby staff were competent at best, sheets had holes from too much bleach (at least they were clean). Wifi was terribly slow, room was very small, and no restaurant on the premises. The driver recommended I not walk anywhere after dark. All this would have been fine if not for the $170 room price. Look elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed August 2013
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013

I'm concerned about the inconvenience you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

The Management Team
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is the worst place. Avoid at all costs. The room was very small and needed to be redone. The hair dryer would not work and the fire alarm went off 2 times that night. No one would come to stop it and I had to climb on top of furniture to get it down and take the battery out. There was no fire! There are many other comments on the web about this terrible please. Unfortunately I used Booking.com and did not realize that it was not a Hilton Garden Inn. It is just some want to be awful place. When I left I wrote the manager a letter about my terrible experience and never got a call. When I complained to the booking site, the response from the hotel was that the manager never got my complaint. A call was put into the manager the next morning as well. I was assured that the letter and message would be given to the manager. NOT! Or they are not truthful, avoid this please if you can! NO restaurant as well had to order out from an Italian place... YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

I'm concerned about the inconvenience you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

The Management Team

Been to Garden Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!