“Not to bad, great for the price. Noisy air conditioning though.” 4 of 5 stars

Garden Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151-20 Baisley Boulevard, Jamaica, NY 11434   |
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Jamaica
Chaguanas
“Not to bad, great for the price. Noisy air conditioning though.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fine also the breakfast but the receptionist needs to be more efficient dealing with check in/out customers. The air conditioning makes loud noises turning on and off and even during operation especially in the night.
Nearby is a park for walking and sport. Also there is a burger King nearby.

• Stayed August 2013
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us and want to thank you for sharing it with the Trip Advisor Community.

In an increasingly competitive industry, we do realize that there are many choices and we thank you for choosing the Garden Inn & Suites JFK Airport. Thus we continuously strive to deliver exceptional service while maintaining a great product. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please contact me directly at MGuillen@Gardeninnjfk.com the next time your travel needs brings you back to the JFK Airport/New York City Area. This will enable me to personally ensure your next stay with us is nothing short of spectacular.

Thank you for you staying with us and we certainly do look forward to your next visit!

Michael Guillen | Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Coppell, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My 3 children and I stayed here for a week while on vacation this month. The front desk staff was very courteous but the housekeeping left a bit to be desired. At check-in I always walk the room and the bath tub was dirty and there where stains on the sheet in one of the beds. Our room was not cleaned regularly as requested even after leaving the door hanger on the green side for it to be cleaned. After complaining the management was quick to investigate and make the necessary corrections to the room and adjust the bill but unfortunately that only puts a band-aid on the wound. Strongly suggest they get a new housekeeping staff very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the accommodations and service provided to you during your most recent stay. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our

Michael Guillen | Operations Manager
Everett, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Asked for a "reasonably priced" hotel nearby for my overnight layover. What a disappointment! Hotel lobby staff were competent at best, sheets had holes from too much bleach (at least they were clean). Wifi was terribly slow, room was very small, and no restaurant on the premises. The driver recommended I not walk anywhere after dark. All this would have been fine if not for the $170 room price. Look elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed August 2013
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is the worst place. Avoid at all costs. The room was very small and needed to be redone. The hair dryer would not work and the fire alarm went off 2 times that night. No one would come to stop it and I had to climb on top of furniture to get it down and take the battery out. There was no fire! There are many other comments on the web about this terrible please. Unfortunately I used Booking.com and did not realize that it was not a Hilton Garden Inn. It is just some want to be awful place. When I left I wrote the manager a letter about my terrible experience and never got a call. When I complained to the booking site, the response from the hotel was that the manager never got my complaint. A call was put into the manager the next morning as well. I was assured that the letter and message would be given to the manager. NOT! Or they are not truthful, avoid this please if you can! NO restaurant as well had to order out from an Italian place... YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Despite the Garden Inn name, don't confuse this hotel with the Hilton Garden Inn brand-this hotel is in no way affiliated with Hilton Garden Inn. The check in process was lengthy-long queues even at 11pm. The room was upsetting, There were stains on the carpet and the room looked very ancient. There were stains on the pillowcase. Wifi was a joke. Our room was located in front of the wireless router (the hotspot) and the internet speed was s-l-o-w. No idea how things would work for rooms down the end of the corridor. The free breakfast provided by the hotel was simple with waffles, cereals and boiled eggs. Would rather pay slightly more next time for a newer and cleaner hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

It's just a place where to spend the night while waiting for a connecting flight. Shuttle service is offered and works well. Breakfast is included but only served after 7:00am whihc means that you might miss it if you have to leave sooner. The room is basic. The neighborhood is not very safe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

to receive your kind words of appreciation.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The room was quite clean, however, after travelling thousands of miles, we looked forward to a nice cold beer at the bar and internet to talk to the family - as promised on the advert for this hotel. There is NO BAR - false advertising is not acceptable in this day in age - we are VERY UPSET. The internet was so slow, it eventually stopped 2 mins into a converstaion. There are no eating facilities unless you walk in the dark next to the motorway to a 7/11 which sells sandwiches. PLEASE do not take what this hotel advertises as correct - there is NOTHING. People were arriving from all over the world, dumping their luggage ready to relax at the bar either with a beer or coffee etc.. - THE BAR DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!! and there is NO FOOD..........

Room Tip: If you need to relax and chill after an international flight - dont stay here.