“lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
West Midlands
“lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Firstly I want to apologise that I am late in posting our review.

We stayed here for 1 day/night only last year. It was not pre-booked. This Hotel was provided by Delta Airways due to flight delay, in-which we then missed our connection back home to Heathrow.
We would like to thank Delta, for their support,in this situation. Delta arranged for the transport to an from the airport. (free) food voucher for 2 adults and 2 children. free Hotel (bed and breakfast) free. Plus toiletries bag too.
On arrival after travelling only a short distance from JFK Airport. (10mins) We were greeted by a lovely lady. I gave her the hotel voucher, she explained that we would be in suite/family. ie 2 rooms plus bathroom. With 2 tv's (children loved this, they could watch while in bed)
Room was very clean and comfy. She arranged for extra linen to be bought up to us too.
Tea/coffee facility was also in the room. We all had a lovely sleep considering the situation we were under!
We all woke early and decided to go downstairs to have some breakfast,
Nice breakfast, you could even make your own waffles, We spoke to the receptionist to see what time we had to check out and she confirmed midday, it was only 9.30 and our flight was not til 22.hours on the evening. Taxi was collecting us at 18.00hours.
We asked how much a taxi would be to get into city,,, she said it was @ £40-£50 and it was @ 40mins drive away. If we went on tube, she said it would take over 1 hour!
We decided to leave our luggage and go into the city,,,,
Hotel booked our taxi, lovely guy. (we kept his business card) he explained where to go etc
It took us over 40 mins, nearly 1 hour! to be truthful. (,,work traffic and road works...)
we did get dropped off at the river,,, but we decided not to go on the boat, due our daughter not feeling well. So we decided to walk @ 3 -4 blocks and we arrived at TIMES SQUARE,
omg, amazing,... New York is huge!You think London is big, but New york is well!!!!!!
Alot of goings on around this area. we all loved it.... Disney shop omg... largest shop ever....
Due to the time limit, we only had time to check out Times square.
Taxi arrived to take us back to the hotel.
We truely thought that this hotel was perfect, however may be if we do return back may be we would try hotel nearer to the city, but if you wish to be near to the airport, this hotel would be ideal, Thank you for a lovely stay.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs Taylor,

Thank you for your review and inspiring comments. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent experience with us at the Garden Inn & Suites.

best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. I am going to share your compliments with my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I was catching a flight to Hong Kong the next day and just needed a place to stay for the night.

The front desk staff are super helpful and incredibly friendly. I was cheerfully greeted by and Yannek & Mike.. I asked about food and they provided me with menus for numerous restaurants that deliver.

Although not updated, the rooms are good size and clean. The bed was comfortable with clean sheets. There was also a huge flat screen TV as well. The free Wifi was nice too!

This hotel is not brand new but its clean, comfortable and extremely close to the airport.. The shuttle runs every 30 mins.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

to receive your kind words of appreciation.

best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the most wonderful and cosy experience last Saturday at the Garden Inn JFK. We rented a room for two nights in this hotel and is very close to the airport! I stayed here with my family and had a wonderful time. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious. The bathroom was incredibly clean and the water pressure for the shower was PERFECT. They had many types of amenities in the rooms but were not needed for my family. The staff made us feel like we were family to them. The price was very affordable for the GREAT quality service they gave us. I recommended my family and friends to go to JFK, and for surely to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Brad F,

On behalf of our hotel staff and management team, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of appreciation.

best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Again, I would like to thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We chose this hotel for the little distance to JFK Airport New York. When we arrived it was snowing and we waited for about an hour for the shuttle coming from the hotel. We became just like human ice. Without any apologizing for this very long waiting time they brought us to the hotel but there was another surprise for us. It was late in the evening and inside the hotel there was no chance to eat something so we took a taxi to go to a restaurant. When we came back to go to sleep we heard a strange great noise. It was from the bathroom where the fun didn't switch off. We phoned to the reception and they told us in each room there was this problem. No solution but only a night without sleeping. Nothing positive in this hotel above all the human contact and the unknown problem solving by the receptionists. Absolutely the worst hotel we've ever seen.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Ragnetto,

I'm concerned about the shuttle wait time and bathroom fan noise you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We missed our flight at JFK and decided to rent a room here before the next flight in 18 hours. The hotel is less than 5 miles away. Don't pay more than $10.00 for the ride in a taxi if you need it. OR take their shuttle if you can.

Needed just a place to regroup, bathe baby and all, staff was very nice, free continental breakfast, they might make eggs if you ask....

the bathroom is kinda clean... the toilet paper holder is loose and fell off the wall, but I was able to fix it.

They brought us up a small but substantial portable iron crib that was just perfect and our baby slept soundly and comfortably in it. They offered it to us and it was the perfect gesture.

There seem to be a lot of "regulars long stay clients" here. Decent for a quick stay and a shower. We napped for a few hours, bed is comfortable enough. Sheets look clean and sanitized but there was a slight scuff mark on the bottom. They give you a nice down comforter.

Hot water and very strong shower pressure when you turn the knob on the showerhead to the middle spray holes.

There is no restaurant that offers food all day long and no room service, BUT you can order in from the gazillion restaurants in the area, Chinese, Indian, Pizza, etc. Ask the front desk for menus.

There is a small convenience shop but they were out of tylenol, they did have other things and some frozen foods but a bit overpriced in that regard. They have water and what seems like tea in the lobby as well.

The staff is very pleasant and I was very upset about missing my flight, but they made me feel much better. David (manager?) was a doll and very helpful and cordial and calm. Just what we needed.

There is a player piano in the lobby that is very relaxing. It seems like it's a 1940's building but is a nice ambiance. Very well kept and clean. Upgraded where needed. Nice furniture in the rooms, Nice art work in the rooms and halls.

I am giving it five stars because for the price, it was everything we wanted and I had no problems other than a slight scuff mark and a loose toilet holder. Mind you it is not a five star hotel for which you would pay 300.00 a night (which personally is a rip of in my opinion)... it's $74.00 plus tax... a decent deal in New York.

Everything was in working order and the rooms could have been warmer, but it wasn't the type of place where you were scared to stay,

If you can get it for under 70.00 it's a good deal. Don't forget they add taxes.

Room Tip: As for room on upper level, less noise and nice view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GardenInnManagement, Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Great Day Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We will take into consideration all of your feedback. We look forward to having you in the future under better circumsrances.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Never stay at this hotel its a disaster and really a nighmare this is a fake garden inn how come booking.com sell rooms of this hotel i think booking.com has no prior audit system at all
Terrible treatment to customer wellcome a smile is very very poor never stay

Room Tip: Never stay this fake garden inn terrible how come booking.com sell this hotel i think they dont have...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Great Day Valued Traveler,
We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here at the Garden Inn & Suites. We do not ever promote or portray ourselves as a Hilton Garden Inn property. We do take all of our reviews seriously, and use it to find ways to improve the hotel where needed. Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your experience here.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Waited 2hrs for the shuttle from JFK. When the driver arrived people were very angry and freezing. He said he only got a call 2mins previous, and responded very aggresively when questioned, I thought. Several of us called before that. On arrival I was the first in line. I booked and paid from JFK. My booking was not found (maybe not their fault) and waiting an hour while everyone else was booked in. When I was given my room 324, I couldn't find it. I saw two signs (??? -323 and 325- ???) I went back downstairs via the slowest lift in the world, Wilson, security apparently! ( I think his name is) was sent to help and came into the lift. He implied how stupid I was and went on and on. I asked him to stop as I have no desire to argue. He was intimitdating and aggressive. Eventually I said I have nothing more to say to you. Ping! " After you" he said. I replied, "No, you first I don't know where I'm going!" This went back and forth until the door closed, at this point he was really trying to wind me up more. I pressed the lift to go down and told the receptionist to please get this man away from me. He shouted at me in front of the everyone. "If you're rude to me, I'll be rude to you, so what!".
There was nothing to eat, I had no change for the vending machine. They said they don't give change.It is now 1.30am. I now have to walk across an unlit grassed area and major road to the petrol station. My room-key wouldn't work, 2 times I had it changed, after it had worked twice before. I didn't have the technique of it down I guess. I was told "I'm aftraid I'll have to send HIM again" I watched him saunter as slowly as he possibly could.
In the morning, he stared from a distance at me, sang childishly and grinning smuggly- as he did the night before in the breakfast room and everytime he was close by. I reported him to reception again!
The receptionist was very nice and helpful. But the night receptionist was good with the numerous 'sorry' but I felt the insincerity.
The room looks like it smells, bed was very hard, and decorated with stains, hairs and unknown debris at every turn.

Room Tip: tip??? stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay at the Garden Inn & Suites Hotel. We do to take all feedback into consideration so that we can make changes when necessary. We will speak to the security staff about what happened to you during your stay. We empathize with your situation. We do have several different food options in our 24-hour gift shop that has a microwave. In addition, we have several restaurants that do deliver 24 hours as well. We pride ourselves and our staff on making sure our travelers have comfort away from home, and we hope that you will consider coming back under better circumstances.

Been to Garden Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!