“Exceeded expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Ithaca
“Exceeded expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Had a great stay at this Comfort Inn! Was just looking for a cheap place for one night so didn't necessarily care, but then the room was so nice! Such a comfortable bed and awesome shower. Free breakfast in the morning was fantastic - scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgian waffles, yogurt, bagels, muffins. And orange juice with no pulp! Yeah! Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

In general, this hotel is what people expect from a Comfort Inn. Clean, basic rooms. Good location just outside of the "downtown". In Ithaca, everything is pretty close together and this hotel is just south of the main part of town and a short drive from a couple of the nearby state parks that have good hiking and swimming. And a solid continental breakfast is included (cereal, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, juice, limited fruit).

The rooms had been recently updated and featured a modern bathroom. The rooms are classic Comfort Inn rooms. Clean, not too fancy, not the place to lounge around all day, but a good home base and place to sleep.

Our only issue was the air conditioning. It cycled on and off through the night so the person near the A/C got cold and then warm ... and it was a bit noisy.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all the rooms have been updated, so when making a reservation/checking in, ask f...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ComfortInnMngt, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Thanks so much for your enthusiastic review of our hotel. We are glad you had the chance to enjoy our breakfast. I apologize for the issue with air conditioning and have printed this review for our head of maintenance. We wanted to let you know that all of the rooms have been rennovated and we are now a completely non-smoking hotel. In the next month, we will be adding all new tv's in our rooms.
We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Ithaca.
Best,
Jim McMann
Director of Sales
Brattleboro, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is not the Comfort Inn you will want to lounge in, but it is certainly one of the best hotel values in Ithaca. Ithaca hotel prices are notoriously higher than expected, but I would say this was a great value in the market.

The rooms are clean, modern decor, soundproof from neighbors and hallway. The shower was refreshing and beds comfortable. These are the things I rate as most important.

Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011
ComfortInnMngt, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments on the quality of the rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip to Ithaca!
Jim McMann
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

A always, I've found Comfort Inn to be a safe bet while travling. Not glamourous, but clean and reasonable. No exception here. The staff was friendly and the breakfast good enouhg to start the day. I noticed other people brought their dogs, which is good to know. No odor of evidence of dogs if you're not into them. We'll probably be staying here a lot.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I don't normally stay at this brand but it had the best rate for the time I needed to be there. It was OK overall but I wish it had been closer to downtown Ithaca. The king bed felt really good.
My husband was satisfied with the continental breakfast. I was surprised that the property did not have an elevator. We didn't stay long enough to check out the exercise room.I was tempted just so to get some perspective on the community. The front desk staff could have been a little friendlier.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Nyack, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I don't think this is the worst Comfort Inn--I think all Comfort Inns have gone downhill. I just stayed there on an exploratory visit to Ithaca. The worst part of my experience with this motel hit me when I walked in--very musty smelling room. When I went to put on the a/c, I could see that the a/c grill was absolutely filthy and sticky. They obviously never have cleaned it. The smell in the room would only go away if the a/c was on high. And, the a/c was noisy and not very effective. Another negative was the little fridge--the freezer was entirely caked with ice so I couldn't freeze ice packs I needed for my cooler. Door to fridge was broken. There is also no internet in the rooms--you have to get a wifi disk from the front desk. Aside from that, the bed and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. They take pets. Staff and cleaning people were helpful. Good location for Ithaca. Would I stay here again? If I found another place that takes pets, probably not unless they could show me the room first and I would check to see if the a/c worked and if the room smelled.

Room Tip: See the room before you settle in. Make sure it doesn't smell.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Canton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

this is a very nice hotel, it appears to have been recently remodeled, the rooms were very clean the the comp breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: all the hotels ion this town are over priced but this is a good clean place to stay with nice people...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!