“Better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
upstate New York
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

I ordered delivery on a night when it was too cold to bother going out. It was delivered within an hour, which was their estimated delivery time, and the sushi, while not the best in town (try Sushi O Sake for that), was far better than grocery store takeout.

I ordered miso soup and four kinds of rolls; the soup was still hot and the sushi was still cold when it arrived. All of the sushi was in one styrofoam takeout container, arranged very decoratively, with pickled ginger, wasabi, a container of soy sauce, and chopsticks on the side. The soup had smaller pieces of tofu and seaweed than I'm used to, but the flavor was excellent. My sushi was an avacado roll, a shitake roll, a California roll, and a Philadelphia roll. The vegetable and California rolls were all very good, but the Philadelphia roll had too much cream cheese for my tastes and the salmon didn't taste like it was smoked. Still, for delivery, you can't beat it. I'll definitely order from them again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Naples, Florida
“on time delivery-good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

whew-good thing I didn't read the other review first. we were hungry and the first restaurant I called was closed. Samurai was nearby and delivered (free- they said online).
My dinner was excellent: age tofu, miso soup and ginger salad (large and fresh).
Partner had rolls which he liked but rates B- due to small gristle on some fish. But generous portions and good taste.
Delivery right to hotel room. Charged $1 delivery charge (see above) but I didn't feel like arguing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ithaca, NY
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

I ordered delivery from them, and it took nearly 2 hours to arrive. I had to call and inquire where my food was three times. When the food finally arrived, it was not that good. The sushi rolls were ok, not great but not awful. But the mango ice cream (or rather, mango soup by the time I got it) did not taste anything like mangoes and had a weird grainy texture. The one good thing was that they gave me 20% off because of how late the food was. Still, I do not recommend this place and would not order from them again.