“Clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   654 Elmira Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850 (Formerly Wonderland Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Ithaca
Verona, NY
“Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

When I go away unless it is for a romantic interlude, All my motel/hotel has to be is clean. The Rodeway was that. I liked that it was out of town so it was very quiet. It is between Buttermilk Falls State Park and Treman State Park with its beautiful falls and gorges. It is all one floor and when we checked in there were 3 other cars. In the am the place was packed with nowhere to park. The only thing I didn't like was the room had that smell of trying to disinfect something that is old. The small couch and chair were...very old. We had a little porch so I opened the door for awhile and turned on the AC and the smell left.
The breakfast was continental Ina very small room and I didn't head over but my boyfriend did to get coffee and he said it was packed. We decided on Denny's for breakfast.
Would I stay again? Sure, price was right.

Room Tip: I'd imagine all rooms here are good. If you are looking for a pool, Rodeway doesn't have on...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is on the outskirts of town on a noisy road. The mildew smell in the bathroom is almost intolerable. The breakfast was not worth eating other than the orange juice. The suites are spacious, just not a pleasant experience

Room Tip: Pick a room on the back side away from the busy road
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oneonta, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family stayed here for a NYS Championship, I see that they doubled the price for the weekend and did not improve the rooms. The room was dirty, the security lock on the inside was missing half the lock, there was very low water pressure and half of the outlets did not function. The room smelled strange, the floor lamp was broken and everything was extremely dated. When we walked out the "balcony door" we discovered that the deck had rotted through and there were large holes, and an empty beer can. We had to get our room key reprogrammed twice in one weekend. If we could have found another room would would have left immediately! I would never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sidney, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Looking at hotel prices in the Ithaca area, prices are high. I was looking for a room the night and just needed some place quiet and clean as I was not going to be spending making waking hours in the room.

Overall the place is fair. The rooms were clean, but showed some minor wear. I checked for dust on the mirror in the room, but found none. The desk lamp was in need of some help, the fixture that held the bulb was not securely in it spot and would flop over after trying to prop it up.

The couch and chair were clean and comfortable( I had a suite room with 2 queen beds). The floor lamp next to the chair did not work..I wanted to read in the chair but was too dark without the floor lamp.

Bathroom was clean. Show was nice since it had a Corian like wall cover.

Overall, the place met my needs, and in my price range, but don't look for anything execptional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The sink water pressure was awful. The room and bedding were old. I think the bedding was laundered...or I hope so anyway. Free wifi was the only perk. The clerk was friendly. Location was close to Cornell and stores.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Benson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Motels in Ithaca area are very expensive and not worth the extra money unless you think you need and are expecting luxury and white glove services & pool ect... Always the same great service here at Roadway..
The front desk guy is friendly and actually remembered who I am every time I call. the staff is bonus – helpful, pro-active The rooms have always been clean and it is a good quiet location to spend the night while visiting the area. Stays have been at least 3-6 times a year from anywhere from 1 to 14 days.. Has not mattered if I was there alone or with my husband I have always felt safe here, next to door parking all on ground level. .
The rooms are modest, very basic and accommodate for the needs of most: The baths are on the compact side. However a full range of toiletries as well as a hair dryer are provided but a great feature has always been lots the water for showers was nice and hot. The room is always clean when I arrived, and the staff kept it that way during the stay. Fresh soft towels were provided daily with extra if you ask.. The beds have been VERY comfortable and always have slept well TV (CRT 4:3 not HD), a mini fridge with a freezer, large work desk, iron bored, a coffee maker and a microwave. The wifi works great and breakfast. The breakfast is enough to get you started and is more than adequate. The location is right out of Ithaca so a lot of nature around.. With every visit we notice a few more improvements or repairs (e.g. updated bathroom sink, new bedspreads, exterior repairs).
They are always willing to welcome my dog. But then again might be because I clean up after her outside and she never makes a mess in the room and if she did I would clean it up myself.

Room Tip: call them yourselves for better rates!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Due to the free WiFi, I guess I can give it a 2 Star. Upon check-in, was afraid to go in the office because they had big wasp flying in the doorway. When I was bold enough to enter the check-in desk and continental breakfast bar was all in the same room. Waffle maker was dirty, and there was a big canister of fruit loops. Was told they only serve eggs and waffles and cereal. the place was not clean at all. Entering the room you had to hold your nose. Smelled horrible. The bathroom smelt like clogged and dirty pipes. I considered sleeping in my car several times. needless to say, we slept in our clothes on top of the bed and held our breath until we passed out. Would have did better sleeping in the cemetery across the road. Your patio view. didn't want to stay on patio bugs everywhere. would think they can install bug zappers or something. Folks for real don't go here. sleep on the sidewalk first. It was nasty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!