“Okay for an overnighter, Good location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Ithaca
Orangeburg, NY
“Okay for an overnighter, Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here over a Saturday night while visiting my brother in Ithaca. The hotel is well located next to the Ithaca Mall, and across from Tops Market, in case you forgot to bring anything (like contact lens solution, as I did). Our room was clean, although the two "queen" beds were in fact only full. Most of the usual amenities, wi-fi in room, flat screen TV, coffeemaker, iron, fridge. I like that they have a decent size outdoor pool, as well as a smaller indoor pool, and a fitness center (basic hotel type, but they DO have TWO treadmills). Unfortunately signage at the indoor pool was misleading, as the sign outside the door and in the in-room hotel guide had it opening at 7 AM, but in actuality and in the sign inside the pool area, it opens at 9 AM. There is a restaurant on premises, but we didn't dine there this time around. All in all, the hotel is not fancy, but priced right for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Art L, General Manager at Ramada Ithaca Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our Hotel. We welcome the input of our Guests as we strive to improve our Customer Service. We will be taking a closer look at all our Hotel signage to make sure it has a consistent message. I sorry that it was confusing and we will fix it. Thanks again, Art Loran GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Friendly service. Front desk promptly changed room when I reported a huge hole in carpet. Could improve by front desk personnel being proactive, rather than customer having to ask for, then suggest solutions. ex. coming to room to give key to new room, sauna thermostat missing/how to operate, should have known that we were checking in for an event hosted there at the Ramada and given us info on it from the get go I feel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I searched the internet for a decent rate and it was worth the time as I was able to get a rate for substantially less than the highest rate published. I only stayed one night but the small refrigerator in the room came in handy. The bed was comfortable. The hotel was quiet. The two young female desk clerks were friendly at check-in but one was clearly in a dazed state of mind (complaining she needed coffee at 4:00 in the afternoon) and the other clerk had to assist her constantly. She also was unhelpful in telling me where to park for closest access to my room but I figured it out after walking a long way trying to find my room. A map of the layout would have been helpful. The hotel is adjacent to a mall and a grocery store and across the street from a Friendly's restaurant. It is convenient to Rte. 13. If I am able to get good rates, I would have no problem staying here again. It's just nothing special but then I don't tend to spend much time in a hotel room. The toilet was difficult to flush properly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Grand Blanc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The propery was nice but not great, pool area needed attention and sauna was often cold.

We paid $180.00 a night and I feel we did not get that level of service. It was a family vacation and we have stayed at a Super 8 for less then half the cost and been more pleased then the Ramada at this rate.

We were quoted on the phone when I made reservations that there was a free breakfast for guests each morning, and planned this has part of our budget. Upon arriving we were informed this was not so and had to make alternative plans each morning - not easy for a family of 5.

The housekeeping was questionable - I had to go the the front desk a few times for toliet paper, and some days the trash was not emptied. I had to take the trash out to the larger can outside the building my self ot keep the room from smelling (food stuff form the day before was not emptied). Vacuuming and bed- making was inconsistant at best.

Also I was not told the roll away bed was an extra charge. When I made reservations it ws offerred to me, but no mention of the charge until check out time.

The front desk personnel were helpful and were the best part of the stay, they did what they could.

Air conditioner was very noisy at night and needed mechanical attention.

Overall I may reccomend for an overnight stay at this location, but not for anything longer. Also based on this stay, I would be hesitant to book at Ramada again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

York, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

You get what you pay for. Room was barely liveable, but it works for the price. This place has not been updated much since I was at Cornell in the 80's and it was a Howard Johnsons. I would not advise anyone stay here unless you need a convenient place to stay cheap. The place is old and run down and outside doors do not lock, so anyone can come in. You are close to the mall for all that's worth.

Room Tip: Do not get Rm 135 - it is by a door and laundry