If you've read the other TripAdvisor reviews, you already know not to stay here. It may be that you're considering the Ramada because you're familiar with the chain, and most of the other hotels are full. With two large schools in the area, Ithaca has several weekends where all the lodging is occupied, and this keeps marginal places like this Ramada in business.
Stayed here in October 2012 for 3 nights (for business) during a Cornell's Parent's Weekend.
Book early so that you can find another place to stay. This is worse than any Ramada you've stayed in.
- Wireless internet connection was free and easy to use. (No passwords or login screens.)
- Window curtains were able to completely block outside light.
- Included in-room safe.
- Room: The room had a very moldy, funky smell. This did not dissipate, so we had to sleep with the window open. The room was extremely dilapidated -- it should have been torn down or gutted long ago. The carpet was torn or worn through in patches completely to the underlayer. There was a three inch hole in the wall where cable TV and power wires came through from who-knows-where. A large burn mark in the bathroom sink linoleum (this is a non-smoking room) and large gap in the entry door match the cheap and well-worn furniture. I assume something horrible happened in this room in the 70s, and management has been afraid to enter it since.
- Noise: Besides noise from the hallway, the walls are quite thin, so you can hear your neighbor quite clearly. The cleaning staff hung out in front of the door for about 30 minutes having a quite personal conversation, so that also leads to ...
- Cleanliness: room was only passably clean. Coffee maker had been stored away when dirty. Shower did not drain properly; you end up standing in a few inches of water even during a short shower. Shower head was mounted very low (5 feet?)
Front-desk during check in was neither helpful nor friendly.
The Ramada is in the NW corner of Ithaca. It is not convenient to Cornell or Ithaca College, or to the center of town. It is convenient to a construction site at the rear of the property, where heavy machinery will ensure that you don't oversleep.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Wyndham, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Ithaca Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Ithaca Executive Hotel Ithaca
- Ithaca Ramada