“A great gem on restaurant row” 5 of 5 stars

110 N Aurora St, Ste 1, Ithaca, NY 14850-4300
607-272-2371
Improve this listing
Ithaca, New York
“A great gem on restaurant row”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I'm a frequent flyer at Blue Stone (take a dinner break from work there every thursday) and cannot say enough good things about this place. Great atmosphere, inventive specials, wonderful food, and be prepared to bring some home as the portions tend to be huge. I often struggle to decide what to order as have so many favorites on the menu - and Doug (the chef/owner) is just a class act. If I want to take people to a place that feels comfortable but will impress the hell out of them, this is where I take them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

new york city
“great burgers great value warm atmosphere super tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

Went here with my daughter after touring Cornell. I had the burger with blue cheese and my daughter had veggie burger..my burger was cooked perfectly so tasy on a brioche bun and my daughters veggie burger was fresh made and flavorful...a rarity for veggie burgers. Didn't taste the other food but looked super and staff and atmosphere is warm and inviting...chef knows his stuff and great value to boot!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“Ehh, it's ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

I went here for dinner on a Thursday night while in town for business. The bar is a cozy place to sit and people-watch. My steak was just average. Portion a little small, cooked to my liking, but it was nothing special. The place was packed inside and out, but i got good service from the bartender.

Cortland, NY
“Treat yourself!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2008

I've walked past this place for years but had not eaten here until last night. The decor/atmosphere is funky and inviting. The waitstaff is great. The menu had lots of choices in a variety of price ranges. I love that they carry local wines from the Fingerlake wineries. I ordered the blackened catfish with fried plaintains and spinach. The presentation of food was fantastic. My dining companion ordered the wasabi hoison wrap and was equally impressed with the presentation. The taste lived up to the presentation. I might not at Blue Stone every time I dine in Ithaca but I won't walk by it for years like I did before.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Edgy vibe, good food, and great service. Chef/Owner Doug has added a nice alternative to Ithaca's version of...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

Edgy vibe, good food, and great service. Chef/Owner Doug has added a nice alternative to Ithaca's version of "restaurant row" on Aurora.