“Great hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ithaca
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Great hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We've been to Ithaca several times to visit family that live there and have previously stayed at the Ramada and Clarion. Both were overpriced, had smelly, musty rooms, awful breakfasts, and generally a lousy hotel experience. The Homewood Suites was the complete opposite experience. It is newer and brighter. The rooms are like small apartments with a full kitchen, living area, and bed. The hot breakfasts were great and the menu changed each day. They also serve a Manager's Dinner in the evening Monday to Thursday which we missed because we were there on the weekend. The menus were listed in the room and also looked great and changed every day. There's also a small work out room and pool. We will stay there from now on when we visit Ithaca... and did I mention that it was cheaper than the Ramada or Clarion as well?! (they had a thanksgiving weekend special)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
whgecomm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us on your most recent trip to Ithaca! I am so happy you were pleased with the layout of our suites and had a comfortable stay while you were visiting your family. Equally, I'm very glad you felt you received value in the price you paid. I will look forward to your next visit, and please stop by to say hello!

Warmest Regards:
Alisha Perrault

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were able to check in early and had a very nice and clean bachelor suite. Location was quiet. Breakfast was more than we expected. Fresh, hot out of the oven blueberry muffins and delicious Cheesy Bacon & Potato Casserole, in addition to lots of other great items. Staff were helpful and friendly in the breakfast area and the front desk. The only thing that keeps me from giving this an Excellent rating is that it was a bit pricey. Would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
whgecomm, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I'm happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us recently, and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I couldn't agree you more about our Staff! It's our Team that makes the "guest experience" a pleasant one; and I'm glad yours was a great one!

Warm Regards
Nikki Schwarz
Sales Manager
Ramsey, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room itself was very nice and comfortable. I had a King Suite that was very well fitted out and clean. The bathroom tile grout was dark in the middle and white around the edges, but the shower itaelf and everything else was nice and clean. The included breakfast was a little off. The breakfast sausage links had no browning whatsoever-they almost looked steamed. Everything else looked pretty institutional, but there were enough options to make a nice breakfast from. I would go back though. The staff was helpful and enthuiastic.

Room Tip: Book early...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dortmund,Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We usually use a hotel to sleep there, but this property makes it difficult for you just to go to bed and sleep - which you still can do after enjoying the coziness of a well-furbished suite that also includes a fully-equipped kitchen - which again you do not even consider to use after tasting the hotel's delicious dinners and rich and versatile breakfasts.
In our two queensize beds we were tempted to start a "pillow-battle" with the many pillows we found on our meticulously clean beds but - remembering our age - we decided to prop up ourselves among the pillows and enjoy a good glass of wine from the Finger Lakes before we went to a deep and refreshing sleep.
The staff around the breakfast area was not only attentive to any personal requests from their guests but met their communicative expectations in a charming and often hilarious way thus suppressing the nowadays common use of cellphones and laptops in favour of local gossip, refined Granny's recipes and a wide selection of the best jokes ever.
We enjoyed every minute of our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

A nice Homewood suite , I thought a little expensive for Ithaca. We booked a 1 bedroom suite, and I was under the impression that it was a full 1 bedroom, not 1 open room with a pull out bed. Not the worst as we were staying only 1 night. It was a disaponted as as Hilton Gold member that I requested a top fllor and was assigned 2 floor at check in. I went back to the fron desk and they moved me to a top floor with a lovely view of the back of the shopping center. Again one 1 night not the worst. Overall I would return making sure that I request the proper room type and the best view they have

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed one night and the room was nice but I paid close to $250 for the room. To tell you the truth I would have preferred a hampton . Did not like the bed coverings at the homewood and was surprised I had to pay extra to get a tube of tooth paste

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The staff on this property are second to none, and the accomodations are top notch. Plenty of space in the rooms, housekeeping bends over backwards to make sure every aspect of your stay is stress free. Great breakfast choices in the morning and the evening meal was filling and delicious. I try and stay here every time I visit home in Ithaca, which is about once a year, and I always am anxious to check in to such a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
whgecomm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Dann383:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and letting us know about your experience. I am so happy to read you were pleased with our accommodations, meal choices and most importantly our Staff! I will be sharing your comments with all of them! We look forward to welcoming you back next year -- if not before!

Alisha Case

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca? Share your experiences!