“Exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Ithaca
miami, USA
“Exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have been staying at this place for a week now .......and from day 1 we have been impressed with the quality of service offered, right from check in , , to house keeping ...to the AMAZING breakfast.....Manager's special , everything.
They make you feel so welcome at breakfast, the nice lady is always walking around and asking guests if they need anything, they even offer you a box if you would like to eat the breakfast in your room...(my husband has these conference calls) so that helped make sure he would have something to eat....! The Manager's special would have a variety of foods (they even post a menu on your fridge ) which my daughter loved...I am a vegetarian so for me it was difficult to eat anything but one day they had corn on the cob so I enjoyed that :) also there was always a salad with a variety of toppings...my family's favorite was when they made tilapia with garlic and herbs.......!! The food does not look like it is from a box...it tastes like fresh cooked and made with lots of care. Then there is a guy who is always baking fresh cookies :) for dessert! There are also two-three other guys who are in charge of the food...ALL the people are exceptionally courteous and caring to the needs of the guests.They also have the shuttle service(which we have not used as we have a rental car, but have seen the guy who is everywhere, seems like he drives the shuttle, helps at Manager's special, runs errands etc...hard working guy!)
I am not mentioning any names coz everyone is great here :)!
The full kitchen helped me cook lunch daily...! They even have grills outdoors where they set it up for you and even clean up once you are done ! We plan to make some tandoori chicken over the weekend!
Laundry facility is also there. This is an ideal place for a long term stay....!
There are lots of restaurants round,,,more than any other place........if you want to eat out...!
oh , they put this cute little duck made from finger towels in your room, which is their mascot Louis/Luis .... soooooo cute! Belinda, from house keeping was sweet enough to teach me how to make it! Thanks everyone @ Homewood Suites for making our stay so comfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the Route 13........we requested and we got a room which is not on Route 13...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
whgecomm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear miamifriend:
Thank you so much for writing a review on your recent stay with us! I'm thrilled to read how much you've enjoyed your stay and happy you took advantage of our many services and amenities that we offer! I couldn't agree with you more on our Staff. Our Team is one of our biggest assets and I will be sure to pass on your comments to them! If you are ever back in the Ithaca area, I hope you will come and visit us again!

Alisha Case

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here on a cross country trip at the end of June the room was fantastic and the staff was amazing. They offer free dinner Mon-Thurs. until 7:30 p.m., we were not going to be checking in until after that so the front desk sent meals to our room and kept them in the refrigerator so we would have them when we arrived. We were incredibly thankful. The room was beautiful and spotless. The front desk staff happily greeted us upon arrival. There is a free breakfast buffet every morning and it has everything you can imagine. The friendly staff was on hand during breakfast and asked us if we had everything we needed and how the meal was. This hotel is definitely the gem of hotels in and around Ithaca!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Carlsbad, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here for several nights while my kids were at Cornell for summer sports camp. The hotel is adjacent to a "strip mall" that does not look nice from the outside but inside there are some nice stores (my favorite is Ithaca Bakery-excellent food!). The check-in was fast and friendly. The room exceeded my expectations. There was a full kitchen (mini stove, full refrig., small dining table), a pull-out sofa bed and I believe my room had a king size bed. There was not a safe in the room. Although my view from my window was the alley between the hotel and the mall, I did not really care since it was quiet and I was usually gone during the day. They have a manager's reception (food and drinks) from Mon-Thurs. I believe they have free breakfast every day. I am not usually fond of free hotel food but when I wanted to save some money I ate here. Overall, I would say this is a nice hotel. I really appreciated the following: hotel was clean and maintained, friendly staff, close proximity to Cornell (approx. 10-15 min. drive via streets) and close to downtown Ithaca. The one improvement they could make to this property is to increase the size of the workout room (it is tiny with just a few machines). Also, my room did not have a bathtub. Would definitely return to Homewood Suites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Bedford Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great new hotel building with spatious rooms, typical of Homewood Suites. Separate kitchen area, microwave, cooktop, refrigerator etc.

Everything feels new here, and the breakfast and managers special (Mon thru Thu) evening food with drink is wonderful.

Small but useable inside pool.

Close to the airport - a couple of miles from the town. The mall is very close, with Theater etc, for evening activities.

Free parking.

Definitely stay here again, have been consitently happy with the newere Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: A few rooms are close to the freeway (not that its busy but it is on a slope so big trucks make more...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
whgecomm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Dan097:
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased to read you were satisfied with our services and amenities we offer! I will be sharing your comments with our Associates. I hope you will come back to stay with us the next time you are in the Ithaca area!

Alisha Case
Morristown, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our family of 5 had a great one-night stay at Homewood Suites Ithaca in June. Our 2-bedroom suite was enormous, in excellent condition, with full kitchen (which we did not use). Beds were extremely comfortable - even the sofabed was not bad. The suite had three flat-screen TVs and two bathrooms, and the price was roughly equivalent to what one might expect to pay for a 1-bedroom, 1 bathroom elsewhere. The included breakfast was very good for a chain hotel, with tasty, hot food. Location is nothing to write home about - away from central Ithaca, near a shopping center - but the drive into town or Cornell is short.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here for a local graduation in a two queen bed suite. The accommodations are comfortable. There is highway noise on the side of the hotel where these larger suites are located, but we were not disturbed by it. We used the kitchen facilities in the suite, and enjoyed the lovely pool, hot tub, and courtyard. The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We especially appreciated the welcome reception!
On the downside, the ceiling fixtures in the suite were in need of a good cleaning. Also, the location is not very attractive. The hotel is next to a shopping plaza and a car dealership. If you plan to spend time outdoors, you may not enjoy the scenery.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Berea, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

While attending a football camp at Cornell for our youngest, I picked Homewood Suites for our place to stay while in the in the Ithaca area. I prearranged our visit and made reservations about two months in advance and was suprised by how full all of the hotels in the area were. It worked out pretty well as the Homewood Suites made for a very nice two night stay. Breakfast is tops with a large selection and plenty of HOT food to select from. The three guys that ran it did pack up the show as soon as the clock rang 9:30am, so, make sure you get there with plenty of time to eat. Everything gets put away in a matter of a few minutes. The place was quite clean with a very nice pool area and a basketball court that is netted to prevent errant balls from getting too far away from the court. The young fellow that checked us in that evening was very professional and had some roll away beds sent to our room for my two sons very quickly after we arrived. There was no extra charge for the beds and the boys really appreciated getting to avoid the sleeper sofa. Other than some wrinkled worn carpet and a little shower curtain mildew (I really am being picky here) it was a nearly perfect stay in a great place and if my youngest attends Cornell, it would make for a great place to stay. Another kudo to the housekeeping girl for keeping us in extra towels and taking care of our needs. One final note, there is a large mall across Hwy 13 from the hotel that you don't really see until you cross over. There is a movie theatre and some big box stores there if you need them as well as a few restaurants. I'd grade the place an A- overall due to the wear and tear on the rooms and what I thought was little expensive on the rates. The all important breakfast offering makes up for the expense though.

Room Tip: We had to make our reservations two months in advance and still wound up with an accessible room whi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca? Share your experiences!