“'A pleasant lunch experience'” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lenham
“'A pleasant lunch experience'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My friend and I needed a quick and convenient lunch spot in Ithaca and Joe's filled the bill admirably. A very good two-course lunch and very attentive service by Matt was just what we needed!
Although you can't tell from the outside, it is Italian.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

35% Recommend
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Superior Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Eggplant Parmesan was the best ever! The crispiness of the breaking on the eggplant paired with the delicious marinara sauce was breathtaking. The spaghetti and meatballs were unbelievable! The service was a little slow due to the fact that there was only one server working, but she tried very hard to keep everyone happy.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Always loved Joe's, but quality declining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

A few years ago, Joe's was my absolute favorite place to eat in Ithaca. But after my last visit a couple weeks ago, I am very disappointed with what they have done. They still give bottomless breadsticks (which are awesome), but a bowl of salad is no longer delivered for the table. You have to buy that now. My friends and I looked over the menu and were sure that they only had brought us half a menu, but nope! They have chopped their menu in half since a year ago. My favorite dish, fettuccine alfredo, is no longer available. In fact, they do not even have fettuccine noodles in the building. Isn't that somewhat of a staple dish? They brought me some penne alfredo instead, which was good but it got cold really quickly. Their menu seems to be a little more pizza focused now, and I am sorry, Ithaca has enough pizzerias. Another problem is that our group of 5 tried to make a reservation (or see if we could) but we could not even reach the restaurant by phone! This was a Saturday night, and the line would just ring and ring every time. I have always really loved their food and I still like it, and I would still recommend eating here, but it is just not what it used to be. And that is very sad.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
“Awesome find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

After leaving another restaurant after waiting 1 hour and 30 minutes without being sat at a table. We looked up pizza and found Joe's Restaurant. We arrived at 10:00 and everyone was so friendly. We had one of the best pizza's we have ever eaten and my husband and I have eaten our share of pizza. We would recommend this place to everyone.

Visited April 2013
pine valley,ny
“heard good things but disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

So bummed, disappointed since I heard good things. Marinara sauce for spaghetti and lasagna was acidy, no italian spices, not a hint of garlic. The meat and cheese in the lasagna was of poor quality and had very little taste. The italian dressing on the salad was thick as molasses and very sweet, not really italian. Now the good part: fed 3 people for $40, but it had less taste than the olive garden. The inside decor is very cute, but the food was sad.

• Visited January 2013