“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Merrick, United States
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Helpful staff, clean hotel. Had a problem with no hot water when there was a full house but was reimbursed for one night. Even though the problem will still continue, the staff was very helpful. Would have liked to have parking on-site, parking garage is across the street, but valet parking is available.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I just wanted to thank you so very much for staying with us. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca. We are looking into the hot water issue you experienced and will have it resolved very soon. I am very happy to hear our team did adjust off one night’s stay. I feel we do have the best front desk agents in Ithaca. The biggest plus about our parking is that it’s all covered so no snow in the morning when you need to get on the road.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Blue Bell, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here for one night in mid-February. With my wife being a Hilton Diamond, we were upgraded to a very nice and roomy suite with two bathrooms. Staff was great. We arrived around Noon, and the front desk said our room wasn't quite ready yet, but offered to hold our luggage. Upon return around 2PM, the room was ready. This is in a great location in an area known as "The Commons". Literally, a dozen or so restaurants within a block. The hotel has their own Irish Pub, Bakery, and a breakfast place (where the typical hotel buffet is but the Garden Inn combines it with cooked to order main-course. The regular price is about $10). Coffee and Iced Tea were always available in the lobby. They do offer Valet Parking and a Shuttle Service, neither of which I used. We parked in the municipal garage (across the street from hotel), which the hotel will validate for free parking. In the evening, we called housekeeping to have the sofa bed made-up, and within 5 minutes, it was being done. Same result when my son called the front desk for an Ethernet Cable. Within 5 minutes, the request was addressed. I would look to the Garden Inn first for a place to stay the next time in Ithaca.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! Thank you for the great scores you gave us. We credit our success in the hospitality industry to providing the best possible service, as well as clean and comfortable accommodations. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our entire staff including our breakfast staff. I am glad to see you are one of our valued Hilton Honors member’s thank you for choosing our brand as your preferred hotel we look forward to seeing you again.
Harleysville, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great location and friendly staff! I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking to experience Ithaca, NY. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. This hotel will be my first choice ant time I visit this town!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I just wanted to thank you so very much for review we love reading reviews such as yours. It lets us know we doing our jobs right. Again thank you
Northbrook, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel is located right in the middle of downtown Ithaca, next to the Moosewood Restaurant. Patrons can walk anywhere in town. However, as a hotel, it is subpar. Positives include Neutrogena toiletries; a free breakfast buffet including made to order omelets, French Toast, and pancakes; and an in-room Keurig coffee maker. But we had too many issues to recommend this hotel. First, the beds are uncomfortable and the pillows were so hard that they hurt our ears. Next, the water pressure in the shower was so low that we could hardly rinse the soap off. The bathroom in general needed a lot of work. The toilet seat was coming off the base and the whole bathroom needed updating. The toilet paper rolls were half empty. The facial tissue was an off-brand and was very rough. Though there was a flat screen TV, it was tiny. The temperature control (or lack of) in the room made our overnight stay intolerable. There is one dial to either make the room warmer or cooler. Patrons have no idea how warm or cold they are making the room so we had to guess. The fan did not work on low or high so it did not drown out the influx of noise that we heard from check in to check out. We heard whole conversations from the adjacent rooms, showers and toilet flushes from all around, and other unwritable noises. The duvet cover was not very clean, the lighting in the room was dim, and it would have been nice to have at least one local magazine about Ithaca. I'm sure if we were to return to Ithaca we would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I just wanted to thank you so very much for staying with us. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca. . I very sorry about the pillows our standard is to have two feather and two foam pillows on each bed I am checking to see if we made a mistake on which pillows we had in your room. Also Hilton Garden Inn will be adding new King size pillows to all Hilton Garden Inn rooms early this year. We have the Garden Sleep System bed Adjustable bed conforms to your body, gently cradling your neck, spine and legs while providing pressure-free sleep with 100% virgin wool mattress topper that helps regulate and maintain comfortable body temperature the adjustment knobs are on both sides of the bed. It seems we fell short of telling you how to adjust the knobs for your sleep comfort and I am deeply sorry for this. Again thank you for letting us know how to better serve your needs. We do hope you will stay with us again so we can show you the level of service we offer.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

From the way I am greeted, through the resolution of the very few issues that have ever occurred in the 8 years I have been staying here, to the check out, the front desk staff does an outstanding job of making the whole hotel experience very positive. The service level is above and beyond!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY and thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your experience during your recent stay. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We are very proud of what we do and how we treat our guests. I am very happy to see you have been staying with us for the past eight years.
Ithaca NY, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Hotel Centered right in the heart of Downtown Ithaca. Sleep here, parking in public nearby garage. Eat somewhere else, Ithaca has over 200 restuarants...dont eat in the hotel. Starbucks right in hotel is great and Homeade bagel shop across the street is awesome.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, February 11, 2014

Your comments allow us to resolve any problem areas and take actions to correct those areas. I apologize that you were not satisfied and would appreciate getting the opportunity to discuss your issues further so that we can make changes for future guests. Please contact me at the hotel 607-277-8900.
Utica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. I had requested a high floor away from smoking and it was absolutely fulfilled. We had a room on the 8th floor at the end of the hall and it had a beautiful view of the hill. The room is beautiful and spacious. It has a Keurig, microwave and fridge. The pool and fitness center is small but very clean and enjoyable. You really can't beat the location. We walked to dinner and enjoyed the nightlife on the Commons. Parking in the garage is included which is important in downtown Ithaca. The front desk staff were very nice and the lobby always had some kind of beverage and snack. We didn't have the breakfast there, but why would you need to? You can take a few steps outside to get to any number of restaurants. We would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: The end of the hall was quiet. The hotel really only has high floors and they all have great views.