“Convenient Hotel in the Middle of the Town.” 4 of 5 stars

Moosewood Package!
Ranked #5 of 19 hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pennsylvania
“Convenient Hotel in the Middle of the Town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The room was comfortable and the beds were cozy. Amenities are available in the lobby. The last time we stayed at this hotel breakfast was included. However, this time one had to purchase a breakfast plan that is intended for two persons. However, there were three in our party so we declined. We then ate breakfast in a bagel restaurant across the street. Parking is conveniently located across the street and is free. Valet parking is also available. We would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: All room are located from the 6th to the 9th floor and are very quiet. All rooms have excellent view...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY. Ithaca has many great places to see. And being located across from the Commons makes for a central location for guests to stay and enjoy all that Ithaca has to offer. We hope you will continue to use Hilton Garden Inns as your lodging of choice.

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Centrally located in downtown Ithaca, close to restaurants and the Commons, this hotel is sure to be a popular choice of business travellers. I found the room less than comfortable -- bathroom was small and could have used an update; lacking humidity (in late November) made the room unusually dry, staticy; additionally, some dtreet noise could be heard in the early morning as nearby bars began closing, water from other nearby rooms' toilet function could be heard at all hours. Smaller annoyances (which tend to add up when travelling on business): the television reception was poor, necessitating a call to maintenance and a cabel changed; the bedside phone required that the cord be held into the handset in order to function without disconnection. When booking directly with Hilton, as I did, note that breakfast buffet is about $10 (sans gratuity) if not included in your room rate. Valet parking was effortless, efficient, and inexpensive. Overall, average value but likely one of the better properties available in central Ithaca.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and feedback in regards to the items needing attention in your room. I've alerted our maintenance team to fix the issues, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently working on additional soundproofing measures and hope this will cut down on the noise issues you encountered. We are glad you found our location convenient for your activities in town and invite you back to stay with us the next time you return to the area for an improve experience.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my third time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca and each time it has been fantastic. The hotel is practically brand new and is well-maintained. The rooms are spacious and what you'd expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was tremendously helpful, from Melissa, one of the managers who assisted with my reservations to Lisa who checked me in, they made sure I was comfortable and aware of the amenities offered by the hotel. During this particular visit, the City of Ithaca had closed the garage for maintenance, so they told me exactly where to park. Fortunately, I didn't have to use my car much, so it was not an inconvenience for me, but they had a shuttle to get me what I needed. One of my favorite aspects from the hotel is that there's a 24 hour "pantry" in the lobby so you don't even have to leave the property to get what you need.

I come to Ithaca at least once a year and whenever I'm in town, there is no question that I'll be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just stayed overnight at the hotel for a second time. The rooms are everything you would expect from Hilton. The only problem I encountered was the parking. Usually, you can park right across the street but because the lot is undergoing construction you have to walk. Not too far, but it is an inconvenience. The hotel does offer a shuttle, but that can be an inconvenience as well. Overall, the hotel was very nice. Plush bedding, clean rooms & accommodating staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate all of your advice and tips on the hotel and area to the other travelers who are sure to read our reviews. We find many travelers like yourself stopping here as we are a central location to the Ithaca Commons and we are very happy to be able to accommodate you. I am going to share your review with all of our departments and again, thank you for all that you wrote. Hopefully we will see you back at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca on your next trip. Happy travels to you.
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

So this was our second time staying here - both stays were consistently great. We were welcomed back which being almost a year apart left a warming impression on us. The gentleman who checked us in was very polite and informative. Annie (I think I have her name right), one of the servers in the Breakfast Room is a perfect example of what tops off a hotel stay - she served us last year too and always went out of her way to make sure our breakfast was exceptional and treated the other guests with the same care. We ordered Room Service again for dinner from the Irish Pub on site - great food and friendly staff. Overall, the hotel is the perfect location for visiting Ithaca and the surrounding area - we'll be back for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY. Also, thank you for the TripAdvisor posting regarding your experience during your recent stay. I will be sharing your review with the entire staff as we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services.

We hope you will continue to use Hilton Garden Inns as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Ithaca.
Philly Burbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had tickets to the State Theater, and this hotel was in the perfect spot. Check-in was friendly, attentive, quick. Room was perfect, with a microwave and fridge, armchair with ottoman and a desk. Super comfy beds. Very clean room. Only downside was trying to get breakfast. Very disorganized and confusing. I ended up leaving.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY. Also, thank you for the TripAdvisor posting regarding your experience during your recent stay. We take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services.

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

i stayed at the hotel for work. large rooms, coffee downstairs, shuttle service, good location. Nothing inspirational but solid comfort. Everything was ok and would have received a better review, BUT

at nighttime - 4 am the pipes in the bathroom start making a terrible noise. like road construction.
reception apologized that the noise woke me up but he assured me that it will end once someone finishes with the shower (not in my room - i was by myself). he was polite at the level of "my manual tells me to be polite but i really wish this guest would get off my back".

To be honest, according to his explanation there was nothing to be done, and I really shouldn't pick on him. But you can have as much coffee as you want in the lobby, it just doesn't make sense to have a hotel in which one needs to hear when others take a shower (with levels of noise that would not shame staying in a hotel near road construction in the middle of NYC). In addition, staff is being measured not in situations when you discuss the beautiful fall colors outside, but when you have a problem.

so the bottom line - unless you are totally deaf or have no need to sleep continuously at night - I would give this one a thumbs down. ....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I wanted to let you know how sorry I am that you experienced issues with our water pipes making noise while staying with us. I will be following up with our maintenance department. Although this is only the 2nd time in the last year I have heard of this it still is one time too many. Please do let me know if you wish to discuss the matter further. I hope the rest of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca was enjoyable!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca? Share your experiences!