“Great location, Great room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Lights Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
City Lights Inn
You added City Lights Inn to your Saves list
1319 Mecklenburg Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850 (Formerly The Inn @ City Lights)   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Texas
“Great location, Great room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We never met our hostess, as we were there during the middle of the week and she was teaching. However, our room was excellent. We felt at home. All was spotless clean. The location was lovely. I would definitely recommend it to others.

The only odd thing was that she accepted cash only. I was a bit skeptical but all turned out well.

Room Tip: We stayed in the North Suite.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
CityLightsBB, Owner at City Lights Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Just to clear up any misunderstanding, we take check or cash for final payment, we hold all reservations with a credit card, and we will use this as a form of payment if needed. Credit card fees are expensive for a small business, what happens is that most guests do not read the confirmation e-mail I send, forget to bring a check, don't have cash, want a discount and then want to charge it! Now, I'm not saying that's what happened here, but this is often the case. We are a small business, doing the best we can and we appreciate all our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sparta, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I attended a wedding in Ithaca over Columbus Day weekend. We chose City Lights B & B based on the positive reviews of other guests, and the proximity to Ithaca. City Lights lived up to the reviews. We stayed in the Petite Suite, which has a living room area, small kitchenette, bathroom and bedroom. It had everything we needed, and was decorated beautifully with Parisian accents. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was served in a beautiful country kitchen, and they were delicious. Colleen made us feel very welcome. If you are looking for a comfortable B & B with plenty of your own space, which is conveniently located just a few minutes from Ithaca, this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Although I am not a B&B person I can say the experience at City Lights could change my mind. It is quiet, comfortable and has great views of Cornell. I enjoyed it so much on my first visit that I came back with 2 other couples. Each visit included a great breakfast and friendly conversation. The rooms are an eclectic mix and the grounds are interesting and invite a quick exploration. Great restaurants await down the hill in Ithaca. Save your hotel points for another trip. When in Ithaca City Lights is the way to go.

Room Tip: Book early, try Moosewood for dinner.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn @ City Lights for 2 days recently. It was like a dream come true for an artist.The colorful, yet peaceful atmosphere, tasteful accessories and textiles coordinate amazingly with the loving warmth of the host to make this place a perfect 'artistic den'. Colleen, the owner/host is wonderful beyond words. She is not only charming and cheerful but also very organized and helpful. She made sure that we were well taken care of and made us feel totally at home. We will never forget her warm welcome and affectionate goodbye. We stayed at the 2 West Suite, perfectly equipped with everything we needed - from all the necessary appliances in the kitchen, to all the little toiletries in the bathroom that one can think of on a vacation. However, if you don't find an iron, you can always call Colleen and let her know and she will assist as soon as she can. It is admirable how she maintains everything prim and proper without much help from anyone else. All I can say is that if you get a chance to visit Ithaca, you must stay at City Lights. No matter which room or suite you get, you are bound to feel special and blessed :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Pacifica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

What a perfect stay we had at City Lights. The hostess was warm and accommodating, and very much a local plugged into her community. I was bringing my daughter to college from across the country, so the trip was somewhat emotionally charged. Colleen made us an awesome breakfast in her homey country kitchen. It was the best send off to move-in day.
I had the beautiful suite to myself the next night (the north suite) and it was indeed a very comforting place to rest. I went to the Ithaca Farmers Market as recommended by Colleen and was blown away at what an awesome display of colorful produce and arts, crafts, coffee, honey, you name it. I got some goodies to leave with my daughter as she started her college experience on the east coast. I will always want to stay at City Lights B&B when visiting Ithaca, it's like home away from home, but better.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I just stayed here on our first anniversary. When I booked our trip I was looking for the usually unattainable combination of high comfort and low cost. I found City Lights through Trip Adviser and was shocked to find that a suite with livingroom/ kitchen, private entrance, private bath etc. cost $20 more then a room at the local motel 8. And forget about the larger hotels in town. If you are willing to take the 5 minute drive up the mountain, City Lights is a no-brainer. Breakfast is superb, accommodations are perfect and the view is amazing. Book with confidence!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at Inn @ City Lights while my son attending orientation at a nearby college. Stayed in the warm, adorable and whimsical Petit Suite which had a private entrance, a kitchen which was stocked with all the applicances one would need, even the bathroom was stocked with body wash, lotion and shampoo. Colleen prepared wonderful breakfasts each morning with the freshest eggs I've ever had. Grounds were beautiful - gardens were in bloom. Inn was a short drive from the campus, just through the downtown area and up a hill. Plan to stay here on all my visits to Ithaca. Colleen is now a friend!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to City Lights Inn? Share your experiences!